Home

Pro Am Builds For 2k19

This is a discussion on Pro Am Builds For 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 08:03 AM   #809
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Am Builds For 2k19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5FromTheBean
Is there BIG rebounding difference between... a 7-3 two-way reb'r, and 7-0 reb'r with secondary slash or post?
It’s way more about who gets to the spot first this year and boxes out effectively. My experience is the extra speed allows you to get to the spot quicker and the increased vertical somewhat makes up for the lack of height.

If a rebounding archetype gets takeover, it’s over though. They literally just toss you out of the way.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:06 AM   #810
Banned

This thread is way too long when in the end you should just make a sharpshooter, the shooting is so broken that anything other than a SS is losing basketball.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #811
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos
How is your offense

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Ehhhh... inside scoring is kind of tough this year honestly. It’s really difficult to finish in traffic and the paint gets pretty congested a lot of games. I can have some big games if people hit me in transition as I’m outrunning my matchup or if they actually pass to me while I’m cutting to the basket with speed.

Maybe it’s just me but often standing layup animations feel painfully slow. I get guys jumping on pumpfakes all the time but it feels like with online lag and slow animations, they still manage to contest on their second jump.

I average like 12 points a game on 70% shooting but I very rarely force the issue. I also always play with total randoms and a lot of games I only get 4 or 5 shots up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 08:19 AM   #812
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
This thread is way too long when in the end you should just make a sharpshooter, the shooting is so broken that anything other than a SS is losing basketball.
He’s kinda right unfortunately. Right now if you make a Center, on a good team you might as well be a glorified snagger and pick setter. It’s frankly much easier to score as a jump shooter than a dunker.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:10 AM   #813
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Thats gonna be my next build for ProAm. You got him at SF or PF? I might go 6'10 PF for the gold rim p and hof defensive stopper.
I have it at C, and it's perfect

pilon is right, I can pretty much switch onto ANYBODY and keep up. I'm still getting used to showing/recovering hard on picks, had some success last night picking off some passes but also could have played other situations better

I rarely feel like I'm too small/light

looks like PFs get gold pick pocket and pick dodger, and a bronze free throw badge.....I would still take the center though

Also I have yet to miss a jump shot! 2/2 now!
Somebody left me wide open at the elbow and just stood there at the rim. My jumpshot took like 10 seconds to get off but I made him pay for disrespecting my range!!!

Last edited by ph33; 09-20-2018 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:38 AM   #814
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
Sharps are easy to guard unless they have someone setting a screen for them, in which case, all you have to do is switch that screen, and then they can't make any kind of contribution on offense.

If a sharp tries to dribble or do anything besides catch and shoot, then it's a free steal for his defender.

And on the other end of the floor, sharps are a major defensive liability.

Every team does need at least one pure shooter, but a whole team of sharp primary archetypes is a bad idea.

Especially this year, when there are so many archetype combinations that can hit threes without having any sharpshooting in their build.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #815
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I can pretty much switch onto ANYBODY and keep up.

Lol thats why I was debating between PF and SF but not C. I tended to go PF because I like to block and PF gets gold rp but I might go C now. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
looks like PFs get gold pick pocket and pick dodger, and a bronze free throw badge.....I would still take the center though

Yep, thats what I like more about the PF vs. C. Hard decision...

Quote:
Also I have yet to miss a jump shot! 2/2 now!
Somebody left me wide open at the elbow and just stood there at the rim. My jumpshot took like 10 seconds to get off but I made him pay for disrespecting my range!!!

Haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 11:17 AM   #816
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Lol thats why I was debating between PF and SF but not C. I tended to go PF because I like to block and PF gets gold rp but I might go C now. Thanks for the tip.
my point guard is the player I thought I loved

my center is the player I know I love

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »