Home

No More Walk On Pro AM

This is a discussion on No More Walk On Pro AM within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
No More Walk On Pro AM

Just read an article stating that the Jordan Rec is replacing walk on Pro-Am. I could not be more disappointed in this news. Jordan Rec for me was a completely horrid experience a lot of the time with lots of lag and crazy wait times. Especially if you wanted to run by yourself. Walk On last year though was my most played mode. I play a lot of the time my friends don't and on two systems, one of which I don't play with friends playing over 1000 walk on games this year and almost no park games. I want to play organized basketball anytime I want, but have a serious concern I won't be able to. Sad day for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: No More Walk On Pro AM

Okay...someone needs to explain the difference between the two to me. Unless I read it incorrectly, I thought the Jordan Rec Center would still have matchmaking.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
Pro

I thought it would essentially be the same as last year with a different name no? I sure hope that’s the case because I played tons of walk on last year.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Okay...someone needs to explain the difference between the two to me. Unless I read it incorrectly, I thought the Jordan Rec Center would still have matchmaking.
I didn't see that there would be match making, if this is the case though it would alleviate a ton of my concern. The Jordan Rec had 4 courts playing simultaneously and you had to wait on got next spots like in the park. However because of all the extra players the lag became a problem. Also If you were not squaded up you could wait a half hour for a game to play out only to see a team of 5 run over jumping you in line. Very frustrating, especially if your a bit of an introvert.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #5
Rookie

RallerenAFC's Arena

From what I understand then the Jordan Rec Center will replace Walk-On Pro-Am. It will still be matchmaking but just with other games in the background like in Park. So yeah hopefully it doesn't cause any lag because that would be a huge downgrade then.

I think this will be one of the things people will be complaining about at launch. It's very clear that they wanted to be able to walk around like in Park and have the got next system. I even see people complaining that they can't wear the same clothes as in park.

Instead we got what looks to be a worse version of Walk-On Pro-Am under a new name lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 03:15 PM   #6
Pro

Another issue was everyone playing in their park gear. With ball hogging already being very problematic, imagine how frustrating it is when everyone is wearing street gear and you can't tell who is on which team.

For the life of me I can't understand why people begged for this mode, I am down with it as part of the park, but not killing off one of the best modes in the game. And then there is the question of if this will have pro-am or park sliders. I feel like a vocal minority potentially squashed a lot of fun for others.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Pretty sure you'll still be playing in your team gear, not Park gear....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-30-2018 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I didn't see that there would be match making, if this is the case though it would alleviate a ton of my concern. The Jordan Rec had 4 courts playing simultaneously and you had to wait on got next spots like in the park. However because of all the extra players the lag became a problem. Also If you were not squaded up you could wait a half hour for a game to play out only to see a team of 5 run over jumping you in line. Very frustrating, especially if your a bit of an introvert.
Okay. Now, I understand. That was EXACTLY the reason why I didn't play a lot of games in the Jordan Rec Center myself. I remember getting in arguments with dudes who thought it "okay" for a squad of 5 to jump to the front of the line, then some dudes said that's how it is IRL.

No...IRL, we would be fighting if your tried to take my next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »