Home

Note to 2K: Please Do Not NERF your game.

This is a discussion on Note to 2K: Please Do Not NERF your game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #41
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Note to 2K: Please Do Not NERF your game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Yes I did read your entire post, I just didn't know if it was 30 combined for both teams (15 each), or 30 each for total of 60 fouls per game. I simply posted stats to get a perspective between 2k versus IRL NBA.

So approximately:
60 fouls/average 2k,
35-45 fouls/average IRL NBA.

Is that pretty consistent with your timing playing 2k19? (Just to get some perspective, I don't have the game yet).

Strawberry my post wasn't centered around how many fouls there were, but how many fouls from REACH INS because the CPU is trying to steal way too much. The foul numbers themselves look good though.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 09-09-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #42
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Strawberry my post wasn't centered around how many fouls there were, but how many fouls from REACH INS because the CPU is trying to steal way too much.

Are those the same reach ins where multiple players (usually about 2 players on offense and 2 players on defense) come together usually outside the paint more towards the midrange area that are exactly the same as those from 2k18 where it’s completely out of your control? Those were a bit much because I could see them always coming even before the foul was called. Fouls were called on the off-ball user teammate and on the cpu hof. It was sort of always frustrating to see those types of fouls. But I just kind of went with it.

Edit: The thing was that these types of reach ins were never ever successful unfortunately. To me these 2k18 type of reach in fouls were more cosmetic than anything else
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-09-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:06 PM   #43
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Are those the same reach ins where multiple players (usually about 2 players on offense and 2 players on defense) come together usually outside the paint more towards the midrange area that are exactly the same as those from 2k18 where it’s completely out of your control? Those were a bit much because I could see them always coming even before the foul was called. Fouls were called on the user and on the cpu hof.
I'm not sure about that. I player lock to the point guard and I get reached in on a ton. It's bad to the point where by the middle of the 1st quarter , both teams are in the Bonus.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I'm not sure about that. I player lock to the point guard and I get reached in on a ton. It's bad to the point where by the middle of the 1st quarter , both teams are in the Bonus.
Bonus in the middle of the first seems a bit much, personally I don’t really pay attention to even IRL statistics much, so if anyone could dig up some stats to put things into perspective, but bonus in the middle of the first without even looking at stats seems excessive. I’m assuming lots of players completely fouling out of games possibly?
Old 09-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #45
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14

I hope to God 2K does not give into the casuals this time around.

I've only played offline thus far. But man.... This is by far the best edition of the series at release. And it's not even close. The gameplay simply rewards you for playing BASKETBALL. Not videogame-ball like '18.

I love it. I've nearly mastered about 1/3 of the series sets along with a couple of the freelances. Last night a buddy of mine and I started a myleague. Over the last four years we've played hundreds of hours of myleague with various teams. But every year, he finds a way to beat me in nearly every head to head match by finding the exploits (typically via pick & roll or force drive to the basket late in the shot clock).

I chose LAL and he took Boston. We simmed through four seasons total and played six games h2h. Before we started, I talked up the game's improvement in defense and the need to play strategic hoops. He claims to be a sim-player and knows the game well.

I beat him in all six matches, three of which were by double figures. He turned the ball over like crazy by over-dribbling into my defenders in the earlier matches but did improve as we continued to play. He struggled to get open looks. He typically runs plays but when no open look presents would always resort to PnR. In the past, this would result in an open roll man or wide open corner three. But not this year. I locked him down and he shot under 45% in five out of the six games.

He was completely unable to utilize Tatum(due to lack of stick skill). Nearly every score was generated by Kyrie's quickness and ability to nail contested jumpers. I actually took several plays off defensively just to allow him to stay somewhat in the game, lol.

I ran my sets and mixed them up frequently. I shot between 50 - 60 % nearly each game due to his inability to stay in proper position defensively along with the bad shots he attempted that led to easy transition opportunities for me. Long-story short, by the time we were done playing he was convinced offense was overpowered due to his inability to contain LeBron and Durant (signed via FA) in Iso situations. LOL.

This game is a hoops-head dream. Please 2K, keep the game as is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #46
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

DON'T TOUCH NOTHIN! NADA. ZILCH. #Simnation

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaddupCouzin
DON'T TOUCH NOTHIN! NADA. ZILCH. #Simnation

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't actually say don't touch nothing because the following video below is certainly problematic when it's on HOF and the cpu has lack of awareness, leading to overhelp defense when it was totally unnecessary. What is the help defender exactly doing (and notice where he actually ends up)? Tristan Thompson should have been enough to guard the paint, but Tristan kept drifting further back.

I've seen this too frequently for my taste. I don't mind wide open baskets, but how this is coded in the game is unsim. Why isn't Kevin Love or Collin Sexton providing the help? A band aid fix (if they can't get the core fixed) would be at least for Kevin Love to recognize the overhelp defense and Kevin Love should have rotated as well while whoever that guy dropped into the middle of the paint.

But then again, this is a legacy issue that likely would not be corrected with a simple patch ... I doubt.

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-09-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:37 PM   #48
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
I wouldn't actually say don't touch nothing because the following video below is certainly problematic when it's on HOF and the cpu has lack of awareness, leading to overhelp defense when it was totally unnecessary. What is the help defender exactly doing (and notice where he actually ends up)? Tristan Thompson should have been enough to guard the paint, but Tristan kept drifting further back.

I've seen this too frequently for my taste. I don't mind wide open baskets, but how this is coded in the game is unsim. Why isn't Kevin Love or Collin Sexton providing the help? A band aid fix (if they can't get the core fixed) would be at least for Kevin Love to recognize the overhelp defense and Kevin Love should have rotated as well while whoever that guy dropped into the middle of the paint.

But then again, this is a legacy issue that likely would not be corrected with a simple patch ... I doubt.

Not saying this is comepletely gone in retail by any means, but the Prelude and retail are night and day on the defensive side of the ball. I fully believe OG when Scott says there has been hundreds of tweaks since.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »