Home

Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem

This is a discussion on Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem

I really give up hoping they will one year fix this. Yeah, I know they gave us advanced rotation option. But I really don't want to have to do that for all 30 teams. I did it once last year and it took me hours.

Plays out great! Until an injury occurs and the AI screws it all up so I have to manually adjust their advance rotations again. Try doing that for 30 teams when every other day a player is down for a day or two.

Just far too time consuming to fix a vital piece of the pie that creates the best possible simulation NBA experience.

Nothing drives me more crazy on this game than watching 8 guys be subbed in at once towards the last 3min of the 1st quarter. From there the entire sub pattern is whack cause of how it begins.

If I only do advanced rotations for my team then I feel like I'm cheating and get irritated when I have 5 starters vs only one of theirs lol.

I was on the fence on buying this game, but this problem is a game killer for me personally. My question is, will this ever be fixed properly or is this a legacy issue that will likely never be resolved??

Sent from my LG-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Re: Mass subbing, sub patterns still a huge problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I really give up hoping they will one year fix this. Yeah, I know they gave us advanced rotation option. But I really don't want to have to do that for all 30 teams. I did it once last year and it took me hours.

Plays out great! Until an injury occurs and the AI screws it all up so I have to manually adjust their advance rotations again. Try doing that for 30 teams when every other day a player is down for a day or two.

Just far too time consuming to fix a vital piece of the pie that creates the best possible simulation NBA experience.

Nothing drives me more crazy on this game than watching 8 guys be subbed in at once towards the last 3min of the 1st quarter. From there the entire sub pattern is whack cause of how it begins.

If I only do advanced rotations for my team then I feel like I'm cheating and get irritated when I have 5 starters vs only one of theirs lol.

I was on the fence on buying this game, but this problem is a game killer for me personally. My question is, will this ever be fixed properly or is this a legacy issue that will likely never be resolved??

Wait, do you own the game? Have you tested this out personally in 2k19?
Old 09-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

You could always download Rotations from the community if it's too much work. That's what I plan to do.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:57 PM   #4
Pro

Weird. I only play mycareer but I don’t typically see mass subbing at all.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
You could always download Rotations from the community if it's too much work. That's what I plan to do.
Do the rotations have logic built in for foul trouble in 2k19?

Last year, if you used rotations and a player had three fouls in the first quarter, the CPU did not have logic built in to deviate from the rotation.

That was a feature killer for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 03:03 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Do the rotations have logic built in for foul trouble in 2k19?

Last year, if you used rotations and a player had three fouls in the first quarter, the CPU did not have logic built in to deviate from the rotation.

That was a feature killer for me.
I'm not sure, but yeah, I definitely remember this was an issue in 18.

Honestly, I think it's the lesser of two evils though, as opposed to using default rotations to get foul-trouble logic, unless they update the default rotations throughout the season. The Warriors default rotation, for example, has Curry playing 45 minutes :-/
Old 09-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #7
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Oh yeah, I remember now. When using advanced rotations the AI wouldn't sub out for foul trouble. Which I can deal with over mass subs.

And again, when injuries occur you must handle editing the rotation for the cpu again or they will screw it up. Just far too tedius imo. And this is a big deal to me. Rotations matter a lot for a number of different reasons.

And no, I don't own this game but I've watched streams and videos enough to see it happening.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-11-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:14 PM   #8
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

One of the main reasons I’m not getting this year’s game. It was too time consuming when I had to do it for all the teams in MyLeague and the CPU team ignored fouls when subbing and only relied on substitution patterns and the timeline I set beforehand. A huge immersion killer.

I hate seeing hockey line changes in a basketball game unless it’s a blowout for either teams. It should be 1-2 players at a time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »