Home

What do badges actually do?

This is a discussion on What do badges actually do? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What do badges actually do?

After thinking builds all 2k "offseason" and going over things multiple times and looking at badges and attributes, thinking about how my VC will be spent, I came to the conclusion I have no idea what most badges actually do.

Look at some badges such as drop stepper. I know the badge will allow me to get some better animations, but besides that does it speed up animations, raise my layup percentage, raise my standing dunk ability, if so how much is the percentage of increase?

With so much money going into this game, the current and future E-Sports outlook of this game, isn't it about time to release the actual true meaning of badges?

I know 2klabs did some testing with shooting badges but all badges need their true numbers to be revealed at some point in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What do badges actually do?

Amen, I have no idea. Not to mention that 90% of these badges are trash (Dimer, Ankle Breaker, Deadeyes) that overlap with ratings we already have, we don't have a definite answer of what they do. It's nice 2klabs actually tries to get to the function of them. Maybe we'll hear something this year they've been a little bit better

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 09-13-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Y’all are both trippin. Drop stepper, to answer ur example, makes u excel at drop steps and getting defenders off of u when doing drop steps. If u don’t know what I just said than u don’t know basketball. Each badge does work something. And those badges u named r not trash. Deep range deadeye basically makes u unstoppable. Dimer gives u a better chance of the person u passed to to make the shot. Ankle breaker literally helps u break ankles!! I don’t know what there isn’t to understand?! Am I the only one?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #4
Pro

triplechin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMA
Y’all are both trippin. Drop stepper, to answer ur example, makes u excel at drop steps and getting defenders off of u when doing drop steps. If u don’t know what I just said than u don’t know basketball. Each badge does work something. And those badges u named r not trash. Deep range deadeye basically makes u unstoppable. Dimer gives u a better chance of the person u passed to to make the shot. Ankle breaker literally helps u break ankles!! I don’t know what there isn’t to understand?! Am I the only one?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Those words don't mean anything. It's a video game. We know 80 3pt rating is better than 70 3pt rating. But what is a 70 with catch and shoot versus an 80 without it?

And those badges are straight garbage. Ankle breaker is just there so you can spam moves and get a lucky animation, thats not basketball. Dimer is stupid it's unrealistic. Deadeye is dumb too what's the point when there is already a contested rating? I can go on all day about how dumb these badges are

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 09-13-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Those words don't mean anything. It's a video game. We know 80 3pt rating is better than 70 3pt rating. But what is a 70 with catch and shoot versus an 80 without it?

And those badges are straight garbage. Ankle breaker is just there so you can spam moves and get a lucky animation, thats not basketball. Dimer is stupid it's unrealistic. Deadeye is dumb too what's the point when there is already a contested rating? I can go on all day about how dumb these badges are
This whole thread is dumb. You asked what the badges do then quickly turned a 180 and started calling badges dumb/unrealistic. WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 05:05 PM   #6
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Live might have its problems but I do like how they do the icon and badge system in that game. If you get all 3 of your badges to gold you can actually see how it raises your overall and how it affects the game is very clear when you are playing with them on. Also if you unlock one gold it can be used on one of your other players you create, you don't have to grind it all up again.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:27 PM   #7
Rookie

these 2k shills are wild. how dare you question how the game works lmao
Old 09-13-2018, 07:02 PM   #8
Pro

triplechin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirG
This whole thread is dumb. You asked what the badges do then quickly turned a 180 and started calling badges dumb/unrealistic. WTF?
Use your head bro. I don't know exactly what they do because 2K hasn't said anything but 2klabs gives us an idea. They are dumb why are you trying to deflect. Do you think Ankle Breaker and Dimer are implemented in a realistic manner? Do you know anything about Deadeye that should make it special beyond the contested rating? Does it make sense to you?

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »