Home

NBA 2k19 Park Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2k19 Park Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2018, 03:43 PM   #9
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k19 Park Mode

Not sure how they can stifle the turnovers in park and pro am. Especially the passing lane steals.

Unless they lower the steal frequency overall. But that would kind of suck if your a lockdown.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #10
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5FromTheBean
Not sure how they can stifle the turnovers in park and pro am. Especially the passing lane steals.

Unless they lower the steal frequency overall. But that would kind of suck if your a lockdown.
Steals are the only thing that keeping this speedboster from being goats bro we dont need a nerf.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroman
2k18 gameplay in park was full of problems, but it was almost a sim style compared to the mess in 2k19. They had park gameplay balance nailed in 2k16 and its nothing but downfall afterwards.

Pure sharps break the game and are even more powerful now. Especially thanks to delayed right stick/Y button contest you can shoot right with defender in front. Hof limitless range is again most OP badge in game, no penalty in shooting if u zigzag and shoot after dribble super deep range shots. For some reason pure sharp sg has defensive stopper while none other mix of play/sc/sharp combo at sg gets it. Only 70 Ball control for pro moves, which means easy access for pure sharps. Overall stronger defense and ridiculous steals which mean not defense liability at all.

Servers performance is very poor or is it intentional slider setting I don't know, but my player feels at least twice slower in park (and pro am) compared to mycareer NBA games. 75 speed feels like controlling Shaq almost. Its again all about "money" shot releases or you gonna brick near everything , just like it was back in nba 2k15 .

And most infuriating of all , reach in spam. Try chain up few dribble moves - reach in foul call, try to post up - reach in foul call, grab rebound - reach in foul and so on. I much rather fouls would be entirely disabled even without steal nerf, it breaks the flow of the game so much and always favor the spammer.
Almost a sim? So running thru players bodies with the ball and never losing possession was sim? Not even bruh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 11:30 AM   #12
Rookie

RallerenAFC's Arena

Where is the Crew Mode??? When will we be able to play it? Come on 2k...

I would like to see them get rid of the boosts stand. I'm afraid they are making the gameplay much more arcade and ruining it. We don't even know how much they are affecting our players!

They need to reduce the number of fouls players can get in a park game without being kicked out. Right now it is 5. It should be 4 or 5 for sure because of how short it is.

Gameplay

I posted some shot contests clip in the Gameplay Tuning thread. Here is the worst one.

It needs to be much more hard to pass out of a shot. No more of these pinpoint eyes in the back of players head passes. It's absolutely crazy. There is no penalty for going up in a shot animation because if you find out that you are contested you can just throw a dime to your teammate.

Examples:

Shot-creating Sharpshooter is throwing this pass.

Playmaking sharpshooter this time with the pass. I can accept that a little more but come on. The pass is on point and his teammate can go straight up in a good shooting animation. That's a little too much.

We got told zig zag was gone before launch. Thankfully it's not as crazy as in 2k18 but there is still sometimes where I see players trying to zig zag and actually succeeding in doing it.

Here is a clip where I am behind a pure sharp so I have to use R2 to keep up but he makes an incredible turn and completely loses me and gets an open shot. I get annoyed every time I look at it lol.

Next clip is tied to what I was saying about passing out of shot. Passing rating seriously need to matter more. In this clip we have a 69 ovr Pure Stretch four throwing an on point alley oop pass although I am bumping him quite hard and also trying to steal the ball that is exposed but he just goes in to a smooth passing animation. Since he is a stretch big I can't imagine him having a high passing rating and I doubt he has even upgraded passing.

Other than that there is the abusive gameplay mechanics that needs to be removed. The pushoff animation you see here should be a foul everytime.

Fix the jumpshot landing glitch (If it indeed works) and make players inbound the ball from the sideline instead of in the middle where sharp/stretches will run back and forth until they have an open shot because you cant get past the two players standing like rocks in the middle.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #13
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth9012
Steals are the only thing that keeping this speedboster from being goats bro we dont need a nerf.

Never understood why that’s in the game. Playmakers should make you stumble or fall, but how is it physically possible to speed boost when you’re dribbling the ball behind your back.

This is just as stupid as having players with a higher speed with ball attribute than actual speed... It’s either play boring MyCareer or play park with 6’3 guards that cheese, take horrible shots and get rewarded for it.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

https://youtu.be/sQfoftLjVag

Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2018, 09:48 AM   #14
Pro

Stretch Bigs and Sharps constantly Double A'n or Double X'n behind the inbounder to get an open 3 is even more common this year than it was last year on the 2v2 courts.

I wish both defenders could move on the inbound to prevent this. I think both could in NBA 2k16 if I'm not mistaken. You can't play under during the inbound because that'll give the shooter too much space. It's a risk playing over the top as you can get caught up on the the player that's inbounding the ball or your own teammate. Our streak was in jeopardy a few times last night from people doing this. The center was a tad bit too slow to keep up on the inbound SMH.

Other than that Park/Neighborhood isn't too bad.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:53 PM   #15
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Stretch bigs and pure sharps are ruining this game again..

Running around perimeter for the whole shot clock until you bump of your teammates so he can green from limitless...

0 skill

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #16
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

It really is. Not many players know how to switch and help out on picks either.

Another thing that should be pegged down a bit is how great centers are at passing. Break starter gold + is ridiculous. They can basically throw end to end passes better than Aaron Rodgers or Brady.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »