Home

My frustration has finally happened

This is a discussion on My frustration has finally happened within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2018, 01:13 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: My frustration has finally happened

Everyone crying the game is fine. Just a lil overboard with the steals. Ya complained about blow bys last year. Complained about the game being to easy to beat on hall of fame. Now that they juiced up HOF difficulty it's unreal. I admit it is, but you can adjust the sliders to how you want it. Then ya make a thread about not bashing 2k when it's clear that everyone who post is.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
Everyone crying the game is fine. Just a lil overboard with the steals. Ya complained about blow bys last year. Complained about the game being to easy to beat on hall of fame. Now that they juiced up HOF difficulty it's unreal. I admit it is, but you can adjust the sliders to how you want it. Then ya make a thread about not bashing 2k when it's clear that everyone who post is.

You spreading the gospel on every thread?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity

Sir, for one everyone is not "crying", it's pretty obvious 2K released this game a bit to early with the flaws in the playbooks, the ACE system, the playcalling, and a lot of teams/players playing very similar to each other. Two, everyone is aware that you can edit sliders attributes, and tendencies and plays, but the certain things should work or not be a step backwards compared to 2K18 right out of the box. I'm not even complaining about CPU defense or shooting, etc, its obvious some basic basketball fundamentals in the gameplay seem to be wrong when compared to past 2K basketball out of the box. Just hoping a few things get patched to correct the issue.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #68
Pro

How the game take a step back from 2k18 you could literally create off the dribble with a 7'3 big in mypark. I don't see that anymore. You could easily beat the CPU picking and rolling the whole game and don't forget the blowby animation good lord. I know somebody's who's a slasher that used to always do that blowby animation last year. Now that it's rarely there and you have to actually attack angles which he can't do so well his record in mypark in win% is like 52 as opposed to 60 in 2k18. This game is definitely an upgrade from last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Sir, for one everyone is not "crying", it's pretty obvious 2K released this game a bit to early with the flaws in the playbooks, the ACE system, the playcalling, and a lot of teams/players playing very similar to each other. Two, everyone is aware that you can edit sliders attributes, and tendencies and plays, but the certain things should work or not be a step backwards compared to 2K18 right out of the box. I'm not even complaining about CPU defense or shooting, etc, its obvious some basic basketball fundamentals in the gameplay seem to be wrong when compared to past 2K basketball out of the box. Just hoping a few things get patched to correct the issue.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #69
Pro

Yeah man I'm trying lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemamba24xx
You spreading the gospel on every thread?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2018, 02:47 PM   #70
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Wow, you pretty much summed up how I have felt by 2K19. I've been playing these games since NBA2K1 and this year I really do not like the offline gameplay. Every team seems to play the same way as you described. Playbooks not working correctly, players tendencies out of wack... just to name a few things, I'm kind of disappointed so far.
The season has yet to start so I'm holding my judgment on playbooks and ACE. Tendencies on the other hand has been out of wack since I can remember though. The game can play great out if the box if who ever is in charge of rosters can just touch them. Even if the season starts very few changes on the tendencies front.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2018, 03:09 PM   #71
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

This is the first year I have ever bought this game so its the only version I have owned and can't compare to any of the past games. I did play Live a lot from the mid 90's onward, though stopped from about 2005 until I bought it last year and liked it a lot. For 2K19 I play MyCareer currently most of the time for the story of having a career in the NBA. I have to play online because the story part is not even available in offline. Not to mention to even do an offline one you have to basically disconnect your Xbox from the network LOL wtf. Offline mode is missing so many of the features that online has like practice the story part.

I finally got Pro where i can win most games unless the CPU all of a sudden plays you super good like they seem to do randomly every so many games. Then it feels like a battle to win or the CPU just says I'm going to win this game unless you play out of your mind. Key to those games is not to let the CPU get more than 10-15 points ahead of you and finally around the end of 3rd or start of 4th you will start to close the gap.

All Star is frustrating though as people have said. I played it for about 10 games. I managed to win most of them but I did feel like the CPU was cheating many times. So many passed of mine get picked off I was having like 10-12 turnovers a game on average compared to like 2-4 on Pro. Its like my player would pass to the other team on purpose when i would look at some of the passes. My passing is like 70 something but still. When I would call for screens the guys would constantly double team me and knock the ball out before I could use the screen for some reason, maybe that is just a skill thing on my part, I'm not sure. Either way it was rather frustrating leading the league by a large margin in turnovers.

On All Star my team score was constantly down in the D ranges too because of all the turnovers and I seem to always get a negative score on defense even though my team mate should have or did switch on screens. You can barely get steals on All Star most of the time where I could steal with good timing on Pro instead I get fouls.

I would just tweak the sliders but hey, you can't! If you play MyCareer even to just play solo you can't change the sliders, you can only pick the vanilla skill levels.

I did a MyLeague on All Star with a created player I made and player locked him. This was ok, but you miss all the other stuff from MyCareer and it seems a bit empty. There is no more team score thing either which probably is a good thing as far as frustration levels go. You can edit the sliders this way too. The downside is no story, you have to control your team somewhat. You don't really have a player leveling system this way as you will just level like any other player does now at the end of the year or whatever. You can do mentoring for badges at least.

Sorry for the wall of text but basically what I was trying to say as someone completely new to this game, but not to Console or PC BB games as a whole I find this game rather frustrating as well. So I agree with the OP on many levels. I do think its rather hard for devs to make a sports game to where it can meat all players skill levels, be competitive without cheating the players in some way. Madden does this same stuff sometimes, you will start a game and the other team comes out playing like football gods. I get that same feeling at the start of some of these NBA2K19 games.

Last edited by SGMRock; 10-07-2018 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #72
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbz101
I say bad words whenever I play this game lol.. Too much cheating. The CPU's defense is insane so as the offense. I hope they patch it to make it more realistic.
I think I have dropped more F-Bombs playing this game than I have doing anything sense my 11 years in the Navy where we all had "sailor mouth". My wife and kids ask me why I am even playing it. Well first off, its the first 2K Basketball game I have bought and I bought the Anniversary edition so I feel I have an investment there and I wont let a stupid video game get the best of me!

Maybe I should have bought this on PC instead of Xbox One X so I could cheat it right back with some hacks just as bad as it does to me, haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »