Home

What happened to Lebron's new scan?

This is a discussion on What happened to Lebron's new scan? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
What happened to Lebron's new scan?

I am curious to know what happened to Lebron's new face scan. Before the game released Ronnie 2K confirmed that Lebron had come in for a face scan, among other things, through his IG/Snap story, but in the game we have the same face from last year with a longer beard. I wonder if they didn't get to update it in the game before release date and are going to patch it in soon, or are they just going to save it for next year? Hopefully it's the former and not the latter but let's see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What happened to Lebron's new scan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxw7340
I am curious to know what happened to Lebron's new face scan. Before the game released Ronnie 2K confirmed that Lebron had come in for a face scan, among other things, through his IG/Snap story, but in the game we have the same face from last year with a longer beard. I wonder if they didn't get to update it in the game before release date and are going to patch it in soon, or are they just going to save it for next year? Hopefully it's the former and not the latter but let's see.
Lebron, Kobe, Mitch Richmond and 100 other players that look terrible. Well, let me rephrase, some are just not accurate, legends got the most neglect as always. Guys like Joe Dumars, Vlade Divac, Mitch Richmond, etc etc etc are unrecognizable. The faces are horrible. They need updated. They are capable, the faces honestly looked better on previous gen. Mind you, there are some excellent scans, but for consistency for all players, it's a crapshoot.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

“2k20 with new Lebron face scan, pre order now”
Old 10-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
MVP

Jumpman14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
“2k20 with new Lebron face scan, pre order now”

Old 10-15-2018, 05:55 PM   #5
Pro

I just spoke to a 2K agent about various player likeness/art inaccuracies and mentioned the LeBron scan. He confirmed that LeBron did get a new scan, but he can't say anything about it's release information due to it being confidential information...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 07:00 PM   #6
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I’m confused. His face didn’t change. They added his beard length.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkd32332
I just spoke to a 2K agent about various player likeness/art inaccuracies and mentioned the LeBron scan. He confirmed that LeBron did get a new scan, but he can't say anything about it's release information due to it being confidential information...

I hope they plan to release it on tip-off day or something because it makes no sense that the cover athlete would get a new face scan for the 20th anniversary of the game but not have it applied in the game. Let's hope it's just a delay even though it is quite odd that it wouldn't be in the game on day one...
Old 10-15-2018, 10:38 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxw7340
I hope they plan to release it on tip-off day or something because it makes no sense that the cover athlete would get a new face scan for the 20th anniversary of the game but not have it applied in the game. Let's hope it's just a delay even though it is quite odd that it wouldn't be in the game on day one...
I think they’re going to add it in one of the next patches. When they have art updates.

Last edited by jkd32332; 10-16-2018 at 07:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »