Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #33
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
Ability to edit player morale. IRL, Jimmy Butler wanted out of Minnesota. I'd like the ability to create storylines manually in MyLeague to make it more exciting. What if I wanted Kyrie to be miserable for playing in Tatum's shadow because he's getting too good?
As long as it's optional. Personally, the last I want is storylines. One of the main reasons I play MyLeague over MyGM is because I don't want players harping at me over playing time or wanting to be traded. I just like building teams and playing basketball, simple as that.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #34
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
Players lack contextual awareness on shots where they are unimpeded. Players should be going up much quicker than they do currently and be looking to keep distance between the defender and the ball on shot attempts at the rim.

Similar to how bigs are taught to use their off hand to shield the ball on hook shots, players should be looking to shield their shots by using their off arm or body to keep the defense at Bay, unable to make a block. For example, a lot of smaller players will kind of stick their butt out while attempting a lay up when they've got a defender beat which keeps the defender at bay unable to reach the ball to make a block. LeBron is great at using his body to keep a would be shot blocker off balance so that a block attempt can't even be attempted while gathering.
There’s one HUGE related issue with animations which has been in this game since the move to X360/PS3.

There is no situational awareness of dominant hand as it relates to ball handling or layups. Go watch the CPU James Harden finish most layups right-handed and righties finish most layups left-handed despite their dominant hand setting in the roster.

There’s also the same on dribbling where players actively maintain a live ball dribble in the hand closest to the on-ball defender for no apparent reason. Real basketball is all about angles and ball protection, but in 2K it’s not respected as such.

There should be built-in logic for knowing where the defense is relative to ball and rim. Tie it into the ball handling, driving layup, and shot IQ attributes to separate the Kyrie’s (master level) from the Lonzo’s who can’t finish in traffic due to lack of hand/defender awareness. Respect the Drive Right/Left Tendenct as a dribbling HAND tendency instead of a directional bias for AI players and as the default hand for User ball handlers.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #35
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

This game is tangible proof block timing/ratings doesn't matter AND CHEESERS KNOW...they try blocks with any and everyone and aren't punished. Most of all users aren't punished with being out of the play/getting whistled when they miss blocks--which is basic H2H Balance.

Here's the last play, which has the help defender drop middle when we CLEARLY prioritized defending the three in the Coaching Menu (watch Brewer):

Notice how many blocks he has: RIDICULOUS--Half of them were landing on me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg onlypatchmxde.jpg (148.8 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-26-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 10:22 PM   #36
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
There has to be an option for having our PG COME BACK to the ball and provide an outlet to rebounders. If I had a dollar for everytime my PG is racing downcourt like i've selected 'Run in Transition' (I dont) i'd be a millionaire. I kinda like the ball in the hands of my best ball-handler passer late--weird I know.

I've been experimenting with holding circle button to bring players in to get the ball in the interim. Having little success as there are many times it just brings the closest big over which isn't very helpful

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 10-20-2018, 10:56 PM   #37
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

I want to be able to call a timeout as soon as the ball goes through the net for the other team. I sometimes want to throw my controller after mashing the touch pad for a timeout that doesn't come until there's a little delay.

Go MIAMI Teams!!
Old 10-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #38
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
I've been experimenting with holding circle button to bring players in to get the ball in the interim. Having little success as there are many times it just brings the closest big over which isn't very helpful
Right? You should see my face when my PF comes over for a handoff...I'm all: "Really? This is what we're doing?" lol

Another legacy issue is the game's inability to interpret when I wanna continue to the basket with the shot-stick. I'm still pulling up when I have an open lane and i'm pointing the R-stick towards the rim. This is very simple: Towards the basket is continuing your momentum towards the rim, while pulling back on the stick should represent a jump shot/stopping your momentum.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-26-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:30 PM   #39
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

You won't find a bigger fan of defense than me but unbalanced gameplay (2K19 Steals/Block timing) always ends up getting exposed....still, perimeter mismatches aren't displayed well at all this year. We should see more blocking fouls when bigs are trying to keep up with quick guards. IMO the bumping represents the instances when guys aren't able to get to the basket but there are some great redirect animations that serve the same purpose but dont affect the dribblers freedom of movement.

Also, beat defenders should see their foul outcomes go way up when they attempt blocks from behind...especially for non-shot blockers. I'm not saying blocks from behind can't happen but the foul outcomes should be significantly higher--there has to be a downside to getting beat. This is the same mechanic that prevents guards from taking advantage when they beat bigs on the perimeter.

Also: STOP REWARDING BAD BLOCK TIMING AS A CONTEST IN THE PAINT.

Missing blocks has to take defenders out of the play--so the offensive player will be alone unless there's help. Let players contest if they want to affect shots--blocks are an all-or-nothing reward.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-05-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:27 PM   #40
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

There are never enough reminders how totally off Block Timing is and how it effects shooters the most.

Notice I dont hail mary the ball downcourt like so many, I anticipate a time when transition defenders are competent so I dont play that way now--and in the end its not fun for me. I like out-thinking guys. Still, this guy has terrible timing, tries to block a pass by TJ (one foul ignored) then hits Cov before the shot attempt aaaaand.....nothing.

How about him missing a block with 6'3" Shelvin Mack (block rating 37) then missing AGAIN with Parsons and ultimately Mack coming down on Dario and it resulting in a turnover. This is why spam happens guys--because there's no downside to it.

NOTE: I wont even comment on Simmons' fading hook shot away from the basket instead of finishing at the rim--that's whole separate post.

I beat this guy late and while I hate these kind of games, they give me so much good footage because these guys know all of the gameplay loopholes. Consider here where he tries to deflect the pass and misses, then attempts to steal the ball from Simmons in the open court and misses--but still stays in textbook defensive position in order to contest the shot. Risk/Reward gameplay can't allow spam like this....he has to choose--he can contest the shot or go for a steal--HE CAN'T DO BOTH. And either he's called for a contact foul via the missed steal (again: punish failure--neutral outcomes are bad) or he lunges out of position giving Simmons an open lane to the rim. SIMPLE.

RISK. REWARD.

Last edited by Kushmir; 10-22-2018 at 12:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »