Home

Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

This is a discussion on Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2018, 01:34 AM   #81
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

And I thought there were supposed to be pros/cons to long wing spans...people are maxing out their wingspans and are tipping and blocking everything on the court with NO CONS...this is my first year really playing park and I don't see how y'all put up with all this cheese..

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 11-27-2018 at 01:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2018, 03:12 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 0

https://old.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...d_to_us_about/
Old 11-28-2018, 05:14 AM   #83
Rookie

512fm's Arena

I've only been playing the last couple of years, but I think a step in the right direction would be allowing bigs to only have sharpshooting as a secondary archetype. It would never happen because of complaints from kids about their pure stretches but it would be a great way of balancing the game. You cant be a pure playmaker at 7' why should you be able to be a pure shooter?
Old 11-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The cherry on top of the $&!^ sundae that is 2K19's archetype system is that somehow, someone at 2K thought it would be fair and balanced to give sharpshooter SGs gold quick reflexes and bronze defensive stopper on top of their otherworldly standing and moving shooting abilities.

So not only are sharp SGs the most dangerous offensive build in the game, but they also get the best passing lane steal animations, loose ball steal animations, and pass catching animations of any archetype that's not a lockdown defender, plus they lower all of their matchup's badges by 1 level, and they lower all of their matchup's attribute ratings by 3 points.

All of this on-court power is given a build that, according to its in-game description, is supposed to be the virtual equivalent of Marco Belinelli.

That was the most puzzling thing to me this year when I looked at all the guard builds. Why they would give sharpshooting SG defensive stopper bronze, but if your a shot creator, playmaker, ect you get nothing on the defensive end.

Next year with the 2k insane logic, it wouldn't suprise me if they gave them chase down artist bronze too lol

Last edited by 2ksportsnut; 11-30-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:47 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512fm
I've only been playing the last couple of years, but I think a step in the right direction would be allowing bigs to only have sharpshooting as a secondary archetype. It would never happen because of complaints from kids about their pure stretches but it would be a great way of balancing the game. You cant be a pure playmaker at 7' why should you be able to be a pure shooter?

It makes a lot of sense. Something 2k and it's devs are severly lacking right now. 2k online the last couple of years has turned into a bizarro world of basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 08:47 PM   #86
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
And I thought there were supposed to be pros/cons to long wing spans...people are maxing out their wingspans and are tipping and blocking everything on the court with NO CONS...this is my first year really playing park and I don't see how y'all put up with all this cheese..

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
It's supposed to be, but any rating above 65 still makes you a "descent" 3PT shooter when paired with a "easy" release and badges. If we were still dealing with pure ratings (i.e. no badges), then the pros/cons would be more apparent. In NBA 2K11, I wouldn't DARE to shoot with anyone below 75 unless it was so wide open that I would be a fool to not test the waters. In NBA 2K19, Thad Young 3PT rating a low 70, but I'm still not scared to shoot it from the corner. If I remembered, long wingspans was supposed to impact the ratings open shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »