Home

Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

This is a discussion on Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2018, 07:33 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
actually there is. When you see a real life shot go straight into the basket without it touching the net. That's a perfect shot release. When you see/hear the net snap as the ball goes in without it even touching the rim. It's a perfect release. Shooters have different green release areas in real life, depending on how they shoot the shot they are shooting. I'll give you an example. when i used to play a ton of basketball. I had 3 different shots. I had a shot when or if I was injured and coudnt get off the ground as well as i should for my normal shot that was shot that started on my right side but really low and pushed off of my shoulder almost. I had it down to the point it was a swish a lot of times. the only problem was, it was hard as hell to shoot like that on the move. it was great for a catch and shoot situation if i was injured. and if you did anything wrong that shot would be all over the place. very difficult to rebound/soften up said shot because it had a crazy arc. but it was MONEY when it hit. didnt touch the rim.

^green release

2nd shot when I was healthy but I'm shooting from a far distance (true nba range or deeper for a game winner or end of qtr shot.) Still good lift on the jump but also kind of holding the ball above my head for that extra added strength since I wasnt use to shooting from that far out( i aint no nba player. lol.) but when it hit money. it was all net. GREEN release.

3rd shot. was my normal shot from mid range or college/high school 3. shot was released at my forehead with good lift on it. when it hit that net with that snap and the ball would land and roll back towards me. I knew that was a perfect release. GREEN release.

So yes even one person could have 3 different shots with 3 different green release points. therefore other people would have other green release points in their various shots. If a defender is on you but you need to get it up and over him. and you release it later, if you put the right amt of arm strength/wrist flick. you could still get a green/perfect release. but its hard as hell to pull off since you need to find your balance mid air while also avoiding a shot blocker while still concentrating. thats very hard to do in real life. This can be simulated in the game if they made you have to straighten up your shot trajectory as well as straighten up/balance your body and they make the balancing speed different for different archetypes as well as different for different sizes of guys.

Dont get caught up in the idea of a green release needing to be nerfed. it doesnt. the entire mechanics of shooting need to be re-worked to be more realistic. Ray allen in practice probably hits a lot of perfectly released jumpers. same with JJ reddick. so never say green releases are not possible unless you're a robot. its not true. they are possible. but they are extremely difficult to pull off due to all that stuff that goes into it as i suggested above.
shooters have different green areas in real life? you are out of your element speaking about pro shooters.

the ability to hit 100% of your shots is the reason shooting is skewed right now.
Old 11-09-2018, 04:36 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
I'm getting closer and closer to deleting 2k19 off of my xbox. not even joking this time. I just played last night and watch this guy throw 10 lobs within the first half to one short/small shot creating/slasher. That would be fine if I or someone else were not in the passing lane, pressing the steal button or jumping attempting to tip the pass. We did this for 9 out of 10 lobs. Not one time did I tip the pass even though the ball clearly went thru my hand. There was no respect for my actual stick skills/ defense because this game is not about skill. It's about archetype and badge choices. if i was a defender I would've automatically tipped/stolen some of those lobs without doing much of anything. pathetic.
Well, so many people on Twitter and here cried about passing lanes, so here we are. Told you all that you'd regret it.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardaway1

2k labs: Running test on and giving away results for which jumpers/jumper combo's go in at the highest percentage/have the best chance of getting a green release is leading to a lot of what we see with threes. This is giving sharps a HUGE advantage. It's not a coincidence that most youtubers all have the same/very similar jumper..

instead of having to think about how they can create space, work to get open and play smart etc. Sharps can just jack up shots knowing that their jumper is a safety net because its been tried and tested and has a better chance of going in than any other shot in the game.. It takes zero skill to pay $10 and get this information..
I kinda disagree with this. The same bases have been recycled over the years without the help of 2kLab. Base 11 and Aldridge have been heavily used since NBA 2k15 and are still popular to this day. Most of their recommended bases are too slow to use in competitive Pro-AM and are barely usable against decent players in Park.

Sharps just can't equip a highly green base and start jacking with high success. 2k has nerfed certain bases over time as well. It's not that easy lol. I'm pretty sure people in the community don't want to log hours of time trying out 200+ bases that's in the game. Some may not agree with the service but it was a smart idea. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate the badge and attribute options of the website.

Last edited by Korrupted; 11-09-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #52
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

This game is completely broken.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhDrzQGiQJA

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Old 11-10-2018, 04:10 AM   #53
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth9012

This is disgusting real talk smh
Old 11-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #54
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth9012

Man... talk about incentivizing making the wrong basketball play...
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 11-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
sion holding down B/circle

HOF limitless range badge:
There is only one person in the entire history of basketball that you have to pick up at half court to deter a 3pt attempt.. That's Steph.. Get this badge out of here..
Yup, long overdue

Quote:
Sharps off dribble three rating: Why is this so high? Lowering this to an 85 max would eliminate half of the ridiculous threes we see. Having this rating so high is what makes a Klay Thompson build (what a sharp should be minus the D) into a larger Steph Curry build
Lower it to 50 for all I care. Sharps should be Set Shooters nothing more, and have their ratings reflect that.

2K just scared to piss off the "why aren't 80% of my 3's falling!" crowd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #56
Banned

-- It's 2018, this shouldn't be happening lol.

-- This is some straight up NBA Jam type realism. Problem is, same stuff happens in 'sim' 'esports' Pro-Am.

-- Skill gap my a

-- Alternative basketball reality where a bad shot is a good shot and up is down

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »