Home

Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

This is a discussion on Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #25
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

The problem is that Sharpshooters are supposed to be Kyle Korver and Stretch Fours are supposed to be Ryan Anderson, but 2K has made them Short Steph Curry and Tall Steph Curry.

They shouldn't have access to any dribble moves/animations, and they shouldn't hit fading/drifting shots if they are going to keep it so that green releases have a 100% chance of going in. If you want to be a Sharpshooter primary/Shot Creator secondary, then you can have the dribble moves but then sacrifice the ability to get green releases from 3.

Either that or give every archetype access to at least silver rank of Pick Dodger and Defensive Stopper for a start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #26
Rookie

kg gotta change his name from
shoota to cuck

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Green releases are the genie that will never be put back into the bottle.
Pretty much...I've just accepted the fact that "green releases = 100%" will forever be part of NBA 2K.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Pretty much...I've just accepted the fact that "green releases = 100%" will forever be part of NBA 2K.
there's nothing wrong with green releases = 100% makes.

Here's why. in real life, if you truly release the ball at the perfect time and aim your arms properly, and balance your lower half perfectly. guess what? you will make the shot every single time (in a closed GYM with no extra air blowing at the ball).

The reality starts becoming arcade and cartoon like on 2k because they either dont know how or dont want to make the game so realistic that you have to do all of those things with the sticks in order to make a green shot.

think about that for a moment. what if you had to actually balance yourself either before you jumped or in mid air, while also keeping your elbow at the proper position for your guys jumper animation and then release it at the right time. all of those things together would make for a difficult green, just like in real life. so that would mean most people would not be even shooting green release shots. they would be shooting almost greens. which most could go in based on a lot of factors at a certain percentage. but not 100% and not 70% even when open. The closer you are to everything i just mentioned being perfect the higher your shot make percentage goes.

so now if i add proper defensive animations and block timing. you are then forced to lean some on your jumper which will make you less balanced which will make your shot most likely not a green release since it will make it so much harder to balance your body while leaning in that quick of a moment before its time to release the shot so it wont get blocked.

^^thats how you setup that scenario. but 2k says no. they want to control it and tell you that these shots are green and money. to force a lot of 3's going up, higher scorers in less mins played since most are playing on 5 to 6 mins qtrs.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #29
Pro

2k's decision to take Auto Contest out of the game in order to create a "Skill Gap" was probably the worse decision made. Manually contesting shots is so delayed it's impossible to do so on a tall Stretch or Sharp. They gon shoot over you with no consequences every single time.

Like previously mentioned not being able to switch matchups in JRC is terrible. Teammates will get cooked for 50+ a game and you have to sit there and watch it happen. As always 2k looked good on paper this year but the execution was absolutely horrible.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #30
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
2k's decision to take Auto Contest out of the game in order to create a "Skill Gap" was probably the worse decision made. Manually contesting shots is so delayed it's impossible to do so on a tall Stretch or Sharp. They gon shoot over you with no consequences every single time.

Like previously mentioned not being able to switch matchups in JRC is terrible. Teammates will get cooked for 50+ a game and you have to sit there and watch it happen. As always 2k looked good on paper this year but the execution was absolutely horrible.
So wouldn't it be better if they fixed the delay instead of auto contesting?
Old 11-07-2018, 11:12 AM   #31
Pro

I don’t really feel like contests are the problem. It would be nice if they responded quicker but I honestly feel like open 3s are the issue. It’s really not THAT hard to get an open shot if you have any teammates working with you. A lot of guys can hit 3s off the dribble hiding behind screens. You can run wraps at the top of the arc. You can literally zig zag in front of a guy. Most good sharps have lightning quick jump shots and really only need half a second to get their shot off and register it as open. Combine this with limitless range and you’ve got a real problem. I’ve seen lots of sharps matched against A.I.s and seen them just pull up from 8 feet behind the line because the A.I. won’t pick them up that far back.

It’s funny, I play with sharps and stretches who are good guys who I genuinely like. But when they miss an open 3 they’re like “Come on, 2K!!!” They’re fully in the mindset now that an open 3 should be an automatic make. It’s wild to me that 2K has let this go on this long because now if they nerf shooting, they’ll probably have a riot on their hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #32
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
It’s funny, I play with sharps and stretches who are good guys who I genuinely like. But when they miss an open 3 they’re like “Come on, 2K!!!” They’re fully in the mindset now that an open 3 should be an automatic make. It’s wild to me that 2K has let this go on this long because now if they nerf shooting, they’ll probably have a riot on their hands.
Pretty much same experience for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »