Home

Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

This is a discussion on Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2018, 04:41 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Sharpshooters/Stretchs aren't OP AT ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
took another loss to a stretch zig zagging and chcuking threes.

Just want to thank all the people who cried that "defense was overpowered" before patch.

With the tune done to defense and onball steals. Its impossible to stop stretch bigs holding LT hiding behind screens.

Another issue that isnt being announced more enough is the SPEED off CROSS COURT PASSES and THE SUCCESS RATE OF MAKING PASSES MID JUMP SHOT.

With the nerfed defense they have once again, made sharpshooting OP. Its actually hysterical how this game wants to be an eSport when the appease to its casual audience. The casuals complain the game is too hard and bam it becomes to easy for the skilled players. Add a skilled player to a stretch big, and its GG.

Another dumb mechanism is how defensive stopper works. Guards playing the middle person in park matched up against Stretch Bigs shot contest doesn't register.

Everything favors sharpshooters in this game. Threes are a higher percentage shot the layups on THE FASTBREAK for crying out loud.

Its November and Im close to calling it quits on this game. its getting earlier and earlier year by year.
let me explain something to you. in theory they nerfed the defense. but in reality That aint no defense to begin with.

I mean the so called defense that was in 2k19 when it dropped was not Realistic at all. In addition it was less user controlled and more controlled by the CPU generating steals and blocks for people (standing with their hands up) or cpu generation weird animations just cause a guy has a defensive badge. That aint defense, thats the cpu doing most of the work for you. i dont get online to play the cpu. i get online to play humans/users. you see my point?

So that defense always needed to be overhauled. it hasnt been. they just toned down SOME of the fakery that was pushed by the cpu not actual humans. This needs to be fixed and corrected to be 100% user controlled. but also fixed so a user CAN play solid defense if he/she knows how.

The shooting was OP from the jump. its just that the further we go along in the game the more people figure out even more ways to make it even MORE OP. I told yall in another thread about those zig zaggers yapping 3's like its nothing.

There's an easy fix.
#1 pure shaprs should be SLOW. period. i dont care how thin you make em. SLOW SLOW SLOW. meaning they should be the slowest of the archs at that position. because thats what they are in real life.

JJ reddick is not slow. but he's darn sure slower than pretty much other type of real life player at SG. you get my point?

So pure sharp bigs should be super slow. no matter their weight. they should still be slo motion.

lastly, They should have to be balanced before popping 3's so easily. if they are not balanced they should miss a lot more. i said A LOT, not a little more.

These things above is not a nerf on those shooters. its a realistic approach to them. Now with all that said. if you leave them open night night. cash money every time even on slightly above average release timings.

Truth is, i'm not sure if there is a such thing as a pure sharp in the nba currently.

Ryan Anderson even in his prime could shoot his butt off, but he had some moves too. so he kind of was a primary sharp, 2ndary post scorer.

Porzi is a shot creator sharp mix. but as fast as he is at his height, he aint super fast vs anyone at any height like it is in 2k with that shot creator as the primary on bigs.

Last edited by splashmountain; 11-02-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:08 PM   #18
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

My favorite part is that he has the worst teammate grade on his team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccc
took another loss to a stretch zig zagging and chcuking threes.

Just want to thank all the people who cried that "defense was overpowered" before patch.

With the tune done to defense and onball steals. Its impossible to stop stretch bigs holding LT hiding behind screens.

Another issue that isnt being announced more enough is the SPEED off CROSS COURT PASSES and THE SUCCESS RATE OF MAKING PASSES MID JUMP SHOT.

With the nerfed defense they have once again, made sharpshooting OP. Its actually hysterical how this game wants to be an eSport when the appease to its casual audience. The casuals complain the game is too hard and bam it becomes to easy for the skilled players. Add a skilled player to a stretch big, and its GG.

Another dumb mechanism is how defensive stopper works. Guards playing the middle person in park matched up against Stretch Bigs shot contest doesn't register.

Everything favors sharpshooters in this game. Threes are a higher percentage shot the layups on THE FASTBREAK for crying out loud.

Its November and Im close to calling it quits on this game. its getting earlier and earlier year by year.

To be fair, everyone and their mama was Scottie Pippen with the passing lane steals + after defensive reb. strips were OP. They should have nerfed the steals, but it seems they messed with defensive awareness and foot planting as well -- in 2K style, always over-correcting w/patches.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:26 AM   #20
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain

There's an easy fix.
#1 pure shaprs should be SLOW. period. i dont care how thin you make em. SLOW SLOW SLOW. meaning they should be the slowest of the archs at that position. because thats what they are in real life.

JJ reddick is not slow. but he's darn sure slower than pretty much other type of real life player at SG. you get my point?

So pure sharp bigs should be super slow. no matter their weight. they should still be slo motion.

lastly, They should have to be balanced before popping 3's so easily. if they are not balanced they should miss a lot more. i said A LOT, not a little more.

These things above is not a nerf on those shooters. its a realistic approach to them. Now with all that said. if you leave them open night night. cash money every time even on slightly above average release timings.

Great point with slow speed and especially the balance. How many times have we seen some sharp pull up off the dribble for a 3. These should be SET shooters. Slow af feet needing to be set, catch and shoot. If they're moving at all -- brick. No other build has the shooting perks of a sharp and shooting badges and the impact that makes to spacing, gameplanning, scoring, etc. So I'd go a step further and nerf every single thing besides shooting so that their liabilities truly stand out. Making a pure sharp/stretch should be a risk.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #21
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the easy solution is to nerf sharps...
But the correct solution is to remove greens being a 100% make.
As long as builds can green shots with a 100 percent chance of a make, sharps are going to be the most valuable.

For example if a pure Glass Cleaner is hitting 3's because of greens, its not the archtype thats the problem, the problem is the premise that open and proper timing = 100% make.

Sharps are basically the whipping boy for the green problem, because obviously its easier to green with sharps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
I think the easy solution is to nerf sharps...
But the correct solution is to remove greens being a 100% make.
As long as builds can green shots with a 100 percent chance of a make, sharps are going to be the most valuable.

For example if a pure Glass Cleaner is hitting 3's because of greens, its not the archtype thats the problem, the problem is the premise that open and proper timing = 100% make.

Sharps are basically the whipping boy for the green problem, because obviously its easier to green with sharps.
Another good point and come to think of it, shooting became OP after the shot meter was introduced, so it makes sense. The Green community would revolt tho ha.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:48 AM   #23
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Green releases are the genie that will never be put back into the bottle.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:39 AM   #24
MVP

tru11's Arena

The ratings need to be separated and not grouped like how they are now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »