Home

NBA 2K19 Roster Update (10-30)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Roster Update (10-30) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #33
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Roster Update (10-30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Embiid has literally had 30-11 in every game except one lol...(he's averaging 28-12 and 2 blocks) I thought for sure he was on the short list for guys going up.

Stauff probably overlooked him. I'm sure he'll get to him on the next update.
and which ratings exactly do you want to be raised? just because a Player is playing Well doesnt mean an increase is necessary.

btw myles Turner needs a complete overhaul... his defense has massively improved since last season. He got much stronger and is able to hold his Position inside and is making way less mistakes on defense. on the other Hand bis rebounding ratings are Way too high. He just is Not a Good rebounder. Also his shot (neither mid range, not 3pt) is falling right now.
He also is much faster than 2k wants him to be. when running in the break, He can keep up with many smaller players.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #34
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Blakeney NEEDS A RATINGS BOOST
Old 11-02-2018, 10:58 PM   #35
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Blakeney NEEDS A RATINGS BOOST
Oh yeah say that now lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2018, 03:42 AM   #36
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
and which ratings exactly do you want to be raised? just because a Player is playing Well doesnt mean an increase is necessary.
You're right...good players don't go up for playing well--that validates their rating. IMO the criteria for raising a player's stats is they're exceeding career numbers...like Lebron last year. Embiid's rebounding/FTs/assists are all career highs and he's scoring about 6 more ppg than last year, leads the NBA in post-up scoring and is shooting lights out from mid-range (48% from 10-16ft and 57% from 16-3pt line--also better than his career numbers which were already outstanding) for some perspective on how good that is? I can cherrypick Dirk's best shooting years ever: 51% from 10-16 (2003) and 51% from 16-23 (2013) and Embiid compares.

So IMO there's a pretty convincing argument for raising both his Close and Mid-Range shooting among other things.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-03-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:55 AM   #37
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalEvent97
At least some consistency would be nice, for example
John Henson is shooting 38.5% on 1.7 attempts per game and his Open 3pt rating went from what it was previously ( presumably 25 as last season was the only season so far where he even managed 0.1 attempts per game) and its now a 73.

LeBron James is shooting 24.4% 3PT on 5.9 attempts, of the 54 players who have attempted at least 5 a game he is 52nd and yet he has an Open 3pt rating of 82!?, some other players from that group 3pt% this season and ratings
Zach LaVine 82, 38.6%
Goran Dragic 82, 37.8%
Blake Griffin 83, 48.4%
Donovan Mitchell 80, 33.3%
Victor Oladipo 83, 43.2%
Khris Middleton 84, 54.9% (He's number 1 for 3pt% by players attemping 5+ 3's per game and he has an 84??)
Reggie Bullock 84, 25.9% (Seriously? He has the same rating as Middleton who's shooting 29% better from 3?
Danny Green 84, 46.8%
Lonzo Ball 78, 36.1%

How does 2K determine ratings, do they use a RNG?
Do you really want 2K to base their ratings on such a small sample size? We are like 7-8 games into the season. I'd be frustrated if 2K based their ratings on short term streaks rather than their proven ability
Old 11-03-2018, 06:23 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Do you really want 2K to base their ratings on such a small sample size? We are like 7-8 games into the season. I'd be frustrated if 2K based their ratings on short term streaks rather than their proven ability
I should of put it better, i don't want LeBron to have a 70 3pt rating or Middleton a 99 but alot of these ratings are the same as before the update, i personally would have put the extreme cases up or down a few points. I.E Middleton to ~87 and LeBron to ~79.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:35 AM   #39
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Agree with this....that weekly ratings mess is what ruined Madden. Always thought you did updates once per month....was pretty shocked to see an update this early.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:48 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Agree with this....that weekly ratings mess is what ruined Madden. Always thought you did updates once per month....was pretty shocked to see an update this early.
Updates to Close/Mid/3Pt Shooting (Open/Contested/Off Dribble), Speed, Acceleration & Lateral Quickness, Off/Def Reb & Vertical are needed for the entire league. Many players speed attributes haven’t been touched in a few years. The shooting ratings need adjusted at the one month mark (Nov 16) as that would be enough of a sample size to adjust from. All players need to be touched & not just the key players on teams. No reason players like Allonzo Trier (Knicks) shouldn’t get as much detailed attention as a guy like James Harden. Guys such as Myles Turner (Reb Ratings inflated) are often overlooked in the specific areas such as rebounding while often times the “Intangibles” rating is what is used to modify overall. Attention to all 450+ players is needed as speed ratings, Rebounding, Shot Ratings are the most vital to performance in gameplay. Tendencies need adjustment too but that’s a whole other conversation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DLtC7snYo/edit

Last edited by pjt8405; 11-03-2018 at 10:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »