Home

Appropriate Camera Angle for Competitive Gaming

This is a discussion on Appropriate Camera Angle for Competitive Gaming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2019, 09:16 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Appropriate Camera Angle for Competitive Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
Can you come up with any logical reasons to counter what I said or nah.

- Worse vision of passing angles and passing lanes
- Slower recovery speed and lateral movement
- NBA 2K League & comp. players use 2k cam (I guess you know better than the best players in the world :/ )
- Worse at rotating on defense
- Fast break blind spots

These aren't "preferences", these are cold hard flaws. But do you. It's about the player's preference not the team right. Just don't be surprised when you get kicked out of xbox parties lol.
You doing the most lol trolling at it's finest. You use what you like ain't no meta camera.. point blank period.

Every camera has pros and cons.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:42 PM   #58
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Broadcast angle was good enough on NBA Jam and NBA Hangtime, I can live either way lol.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:09 AM   #59
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Can you come up with any logical reasons to counter what I said or nah.

- Worse vision of passing angles and passing lanes
- Slower recovery speed and lateral movement
- NBA 2K League & comp. players use 2k cam (I guess you know better than the best players in the world :/ )
- Worse at rotating on defense
- Fast break blind spots

These aren't "preferences", these are cold hard flaws. But do you. It's about the player's preference not the team right. Just don't be surprised when you get kicked out of xbox parties lol.
1) The camera DOES give you the option to adjust zoom and height.

2) That's doesn't even make sense. It's the same game whether you play it on 2K or broadcast cam.

3) The NBA players play in a stadium. Therefore, if you play at your local YMCA or Park, you must suck competitively.

4) Made up statement based on nothing. In fact, I think it's easier to rotate on defense, because you can see spacing better. You don't have to hug up on the offensive player, and you can play the space between him and the rim better.

5) Unless you're using a player with a break starter badge, you're not going to be able to throw a full court pass anyway. Most likely, you'll have to dribble close to half court before you can begin a decent pass to someone cutting to the paint or flares out to the wings.

I don't join Xbox parties anyways, because I don't need to speak to anybody to play the game. Never had, never will. I've been playing the park games for a while, and I have yet to have a conversation about the camera angle I'm using...
Old 02-08-2019, 05:54 AM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guys_WhoGame
You doing the most lol trolling at it's finest. You use what you like ain't no meta camera.. point blank period.

Every camera has pros and cons.
Facts are 'trolling'? hmm. Exactly---> every camera angle has factual and strategic pros and cons, which entirely contradicts what you're saying that it's just 'personal preference'. 2K cam happens to have the most pros and less cons.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:00 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
1) The camera DOES give you the option to adjust zoom and height.

Still not going to give you the angles 2K cam does

2) That's doesn't even make sense. It's the same game whether you play it on 2K or broadcast cam.

Do you really think perspective doesn't matter?

3) The NBA players play in a stadium. Therefore, if you play at your local YMCA or Park, you must suck competitively.

So if I was 2 foot tall I'd see the game the same way as Yao Ming. Ok.

4) Made up statement based on nothing. In fact, I think it's easier to rotate on defense, because you can see spacing better. You don't have to hug up on the offensive player, and you can play the space between him and the rim better.

Based on common sense. It's harder to rotate from top to side on broadcast cam.

5) Unless you're using a player with a break starter badge, you're not going to be able to throw a full court pass anyway. Most likely, you'll have to dribble close to half court before you can begin a decent pass to someone cutting to the paint or flares out to the wings.

Not true, I have plenty of non break starter players who can make that pass. You don't think it's possible because you're used to side cam.

I don't join Xbox parties anyways, because I don't need to speak to anybody to play the game. Never had, never will. I've been playing the park games for a while, and I have yet to have a conversation about the camera angle I'm using...
Not about the parties, more so that you're not going to find a lot of like-minded players to play with who are actually good. I've played hundreds of games of JRC and pro-am and camera angle 1000% matters. Your opinion is in the minority so I'm guessing if you're trying to find ballers it's gonna be an uphill battle. The best players in the world use 2K cam - nuff said...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Lol using 2k cam makes you meta?

Also, running with a squad makes you a scrub?

Where y'all come up with this stuff?

Sorry you don't have friends to play with. Sorry randoms yell at you because you can't see a wide open shooter on the break.

This lol. Getting team chemistry or players with iq is hard enough, then you gotta try to sync up if one dude is 100% zoomed in and cant see crap, another guy on 2k, and another guy on broadcast. It's common sense.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:32 AM   #63
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Facts are 'trolling'? hmm. Exactly---> every camera angle has factual and strategic pros and cons, which entirely contradicts what you're saying that it's just 'personal preference'. 2K cam happens to have the most pros and less cons.
That's your opinion.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #64
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Not about the parties, more so that you're not going to find a lot of like-minded players to play with who are actually good. I've played hundreds of games of JRC and pro-am and camera angle 1000% matters. Your opinion is in the minority so I'm guessing if you're trying to find ballers it's gonna be an uphill battle. The best players in the world use 2K cam - nuff said...
Your opinion once again on based on assumption. I've never had problems getting games outside of people just being damn snobs.

At the end of day, it's still a personal preference like owning a Xbox over PS4 or using an Android over an iPhone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »