Home

What happened to customized stadium sounds?

This is a discussion on What happened to customized stadium sounds? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murrayís Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
MVP
 
GisherJohn24's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
What happened to customized stadium sounds?

If I have one issue with next gen, why canít we have customized stAdium sounds that was a staple on the 360 and ps3. On ps4 it can be done, look at mlb the Show... something is wish people would talk more about. Using your own songs and chants was awesome .
GisherJohn24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #2
MVP
 
wrestlinggod1's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Miami
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

I'm not sure, but I wish they would bring it back. I remember the days of downloading files on here that people created with tonsss of sounds. It was great.
__________________
#HeatNation
#HeatLifer

Go MIAMI Teams!!
wrestlinggod1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2018
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

3 things 2k just havenít managed to be able to get right this gen....sound, lighting and scale-both player and accessory.
Hoping this changes for next gen
Schnoodle321 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:03 PM   #4
MVP
 
Junior Moe's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

For whatever reason, the consoles this gen didn't support it the same way they did last gen. Not unless they changed it, we still can't rip music files to the consoles directly like we could with the 360 and PS3. In The Show, it's done in game and not from the console so it's possible. I just hope the next gen consoles allow us to easily RIP music again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Junior Moe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #5
MVP
 
GisherJohn24's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
For whatever reason, the consoles this gen didn't support it the same way they did last gen. Not unless they changed it, we still can't rip music files to the consoles directly like we could with the 360 and PS3. In The Show, it's done in game and not from the console so it's possible. I just hope the next gen consoles allow us to easily RIP music again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
going backwards! disappointing!
GisherJohn24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 10:12 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter
 
BA2929's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,124
Blog Entries: 2
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I'm not sure, but I wish they would bring it back. I remember the days of downloading files on here that people created with tonsss of sounds. It was great.



Yea, it was great. And also 100% illegal if they were using copyrighted materials in their uploads.



It is illegal to copy music to distribute it to others.


Stadium sounds went away because of this exactly. Companies don't want to get sued because users are trading songs over their games and services.
__________________
"Baseball is the coolest sport because, at any moment, the catcher can stop the game and go tell the pitcher a secret" - Rob Fee
BA2929 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:14 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2014
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Yea, it was great. And also 100% illegal if they were using copyrighted materials in their uploads.



It is illegal to copy music to distribute it to others.


Stadium sounds went away because of this exactly. Companies don't want to get sued because users are trading songs over their games and services.
Tell that to Mlb 19 they Been having custom music option for the whole series.
micole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #8
MVP
 
Junior Moe's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
Re: What happened to customized stadium sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Yea, it was great. And also 100% illegal if they were using copyrighted materials in their uploads.



It is illegal to copy music to distribute it to others.


Stadium sounds went away because of this exactly. Companies don't want to get sued because users are trading songs over their games and services.
I still have that NBA2K12 sound pack on my PS3. It took a minute to set everything up, but man it added to the atmosphere. I never thought about the copyright issue, though. I wonder how much that did or didn't factor into the PS4 and XB1 not allowing us to rip music to the systems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Junior Moe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.

Top -