Home

Stealing is so easy in JRC

This is a discussion on Stealing is so easy in JRC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Stealing is so easy in JRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I just don't agree with 2K19's design decision to force ballhandlers to stay in the protect stance with their back to the basket at all times if they don't want to get ripped.

1) On-ball steals are a rare occurrence at the higher levels of basketball, and in the NBA, most steals occur off-ball.

2) Hardly anyone in today's NBA plays with their back to the basket; it's predominantly a faceup league, nowadays.

3) In real basketball, people use between the legs, behind the back, and spin moves to protect the ball while dribbling towards the basket, but in 2K19, those BTL/BTB/spin moves are not safe, and will easily get ripped by any archetype just like all the other right joystick dribble moves in the game. As soon as you touch your right joystick in 2K19, the game immediately makes the basketball as insecure as a teenager going through puberty.

Even if you aren't doing any dribble moves and are just coming out of the back-to-basket protect stance so you can square up to the rim, the game still treats that non-dribbling situation as if the ball is being exposed and is vulnerable to getting ripped by any archetype.

It doesn't matter if you're a pure playmaker being guarded by a pure sharpshooter (why do sharps get bronze defensive stopper, by the way?), that pure sharp is going to rip you consistently in 2K19 if you don't keep that left trigger protect button held down like the spring inside it was attached to a hand grenade.

If the L2 dribble glitch hadn't been discovered and hadn't made it safe to dribble the ball freely, without any fear of getting ripped (which isn't a very good videogame experience, either), then I think that a lot more people would have quit playing 2K19 early in the year, because it was simply no fun (not to mention ergonomically uncomfortable) having to stay in the protect stance from the moment the ball touched your hands to the moment it left your hands. That style of gameplay wasn't realistic or fun, and a basketball videogame has failed if it isn't -- above all else -- fun to play.

I don’t “necessarily” disagree with anything you’ve said, however things are a bit different in 2k than in real basketball.
In real basketball players don’t just spam dribble moves for 22 seconds right in front of a defender, hoping for an ankle breaker animation so they can pull a 40’ green light 3.
In real basketball players don’t just dribble the ball into the defenders stomach with no repercussions.
In real basketball you don’t have to worry about getting sucked into a screen from 5 feet away as the ball handler spams move dribble moves behind the screen.
I do agree that on ball steals are out of wack, but so is dribbling and there has to be some way to protect yourself as a defender from dribble spam and suck in screens.
However, pure sharps/stretch bigs and lockdowns seem to be the hardest archetypes to strip no matter how careless they are with the ball and they are the two archetypes with the worst ball control. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 09:22 PM   #26
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoo50
This is a very good idea , 2k make it happen

If you look at Nba , you wont see players reaching every position. There should be consequences
I'm more so for someone being reaching and if it was a bad reach they are moved out of position, i.e. you reach and the ball wasn't there your guy lunges at it and now you're on their side instead of in front of them. Also the same for off ball steal spam, and block spam. You jump to block with R2 and Triangle you're going past the guy and giving him a wide open layup.
Old 06-19-2019, 05:29 AM   #27
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkangil
My issue is playmakers with high ball control getting ripped before sharps and bigs who try to turn into playmakers with ridiculous dribble moves running up the court.

It's so unrealistic.
Exactly,I have both archetypes ; When they reach on my pure sharpshooter its a foul but when they reach on my 99 overall pure point forward its a steal..not even a poke lose

and no it doesnt happen when I chain dribble moves like 10 seconds while have no stamina..I get that but It happens when I just got the ball from an inbound they spam it and getting it before crossing the half court its that easy. Even worse I get ripped by just running or walking with the ball smh

Happens in park & rec...2k needs to adress this
Old 06-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
I'm more so for someone being reaching and if it was a bad reach they are moved out of position, i.e. you reach and the ball wasn't there your guy lunges at it and now you're on their side instead of in front of them. Also the same for off ball steal spam, and block spam. You jump to block with R2 and Triangle you're going past the guy and giving him a wide open layup.
Pressing the steal or jump button on defense needs to drain more stamina than it currently does, and if you press steal/jump and miss with your first attempt, then you should be stuck in that whiffed animation long enough so that player with the ball can throw it past you safely or shoot over you for an open shot before you can begin a second steal/jump attempt.

Pogo stick defense and steal spamming have allowed so many irresponsible, trigger-happy defenders to get stops that they absolutely do not deserve in this year's game.

The up and under layup/dunk animations also need to do a better job of reading where the defender's limbs are when you press shoot, then giving the offensive player an animation that avoids the defender's limbs so that we don't have so many shots getting blocked by a faked out defender whose flailing limbs coincidentally clipped the ball on the way down from a badly timed jump attempt.

Last edited by jyoung; 06-19-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06-21-2019, 03:43 AM   #29
Rookie

ZBoo50's Arena

Just need the reaching system from Nba Live, reach and get your ankles took (Not every time obviously)

Even if your ankles don't go you are severely out of place so steal spammers get punished in this way
Old 09-16-2019, 12:25 AM   #30
Rookie

Marc_Rez's Arena

OVR: 6

Spam stealing is still in 2K20 smh
Old 09-16-2019, 01:44 AM   #31
Rookie

to be honest ..2K is born for cheeser....they enjoy playing that shxt....I get bored from day 1.....steal spam...p n r deep 3/difficut shot from 3...zone defense..over & over ~~mike wang is just a world wide lair
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 04:12 AM   #32
MVP

tru11's Arena

unpluckable?

protect the ball.

fouls getting called more it seems if people spamm it idiotic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »