Home

NBA 2K20 : My GM/League Question

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 : My GM/League Question within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2019, 03:53 PM   #17
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 : My GM/League Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
For sure, but I hope going forward they really focus on ironing out the bugs first before adding any big new features to the mode.

2K19 had some really unfortunate ones and I know of one big one that wasn't fixed (the 99 shot under basket tendency bug). I shouldn't have to go through and fix that for each player each passing season that I play, that made me play MyLeague a lot less this year compared to last year.

Say what you want about Madden franchise, but in my experience, the barebones features did work well. I didn't have to do any workarounds like I did with 2K19 this year.
I also would be fine with a version of MyLeague/MyGM without the bugs. In MyGM, the expansion jerseys were never actually what I chose (logos missing, different patterns on jersey than what I built), a lot of times the "default" jerseys to build from were off-center with numbers and logos that were warped and not properly aspect ratio'd. In expansion draft, I picked 2nd even though I won the play-in game. Half my roster suddenly got cut after free agency period ended.

That's the kind of stuff that takes a great mode and really just renders it unplayable.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:32 AM   #18
Just started!

Couldn’t find a real place to post this idea, longtime user of the forum finally made an account. But if anyone had a start today on either console that they maintained to reflect the nba as of today could they upload the file please so everyone could use it. Its a great idea to get a jump on 2k20. I hate just using rosters and having to ignore a whole season of nba action and statistics. I ask if someone could please upload a myleague file to a thread and maintain that as if it was a roster the whole community wouldn't miss a beat until 2k20z
Old 07-13-2019, 04:05 AM   #19
lvl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
Would 2k improve better in My GM/League for NBA 2k20 beside focus on improve better in My Career mode ?
Sim engine is still broken. The progression/regression system is broken. There trade/free agency is still broken.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:02 PM   #20
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvl
Sim engine is still broken. The progression/regression system is broken. There trade/free agency is still broken.
how the hell does sim engine is still broken ? player stats and team standing look fine to me when i playing it
Old 07-17-2019, 07:42 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 10

Coach mode in my league

When player locking by player, the game auto subs your roster and sims the game when you are subbed out.

Example: I was player locked as my created player. I subbed myself out I was up by 17. The game auto simmed to the second quarter and I was up by 3. The cpu put garbage time players in the wrong positions .

Expansion team in my league should automatically get one of the top 3 picks in the draft.

Sign and trades...

Waiting for league approval for trades to go through. Of course picks being swapped should go through, but blockbusters should be a day or two. And then players should be removed from the roster while waiting for approval.

Buyouts

Stop the injury jokes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 09:26 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 7

2k has the opposite issue of Madden. There are way too many things in the toolbox that don't work well but a lot of tools nonetheless. Madden has very little substance but everything usually works well in unison.

I'd like them to focus on making things work well and opening up the formulas behind the tendencies that can help roster makers.

A great roster will make or break MyLeague/MyGM. The last thing those modes need is MORE features or content.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:18 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
2k has the opposite issue of Madden. There are way too many things in the toolbox that don't work well but a lot of tools nonetheless. Madden has very little substance but everything usually works well in unison.

I'd like them to focus on making things work well and opening up the formulas behind the tendencies that can help roster makers.

A great roster will make or break MyLeague/MyGM. The last thing those modes need is MORE features or content.
Not a Madden discussion, but hard ot say Madden works well. Contracts don't make sense at all, and that's one thing 2k has gotten a lot better at.

Madden's scouting also consists of unlocking 3 attributes with letters and that's your scouting report. I'm not sure you can say that works well either.
Old 07-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #24
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacks17
Not a Madden discussion, but hard ot say Madden works well. Contracts don't make sense at all, and that's one thing 2k has gotten a lot better at.

Madden's scouting also consists of unlocking 3 attributes with letters and that's your scouting report. I'm not sure you can say that works well either.
lol yeah. By the way, my guess is My GM/League blog coming out in early August after Madden 20 come out first

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »