Home

NBA 2K20 Franchise Mode Developer Blog - MyGM 2.0, MyLEAGUE & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Franchise Mode Developer Blog - MyGM 2.0, MyLEAGUE & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2019, 09:45 AM   #25
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K20 Franchise Mode Developer Blog - MyGM 2.0, MyLEAGUE & More

Well, I really do hope auto generated classes are improved as I primarily use those.... was really hoping for more accurate player progression as well. Being able to force a winner in MyLeague is cool but I don't know if I'll ever use it to be honest. If accuracy is improved in terms of a realistic league forming in the distant future that's really the primary problem I've had with MyLeague. Every year they add a lot of features and it seems as if some of them don't work properly and my primary want was just eliminating the bugs we had last year but to be honest I'm not sure if that was a focus either.

MyGM did get some love from the looks of it, I've not really played MyGM a lot because in the only year I did I was constantly aggravated about playing time from various players so if that's been dwindled, along with the new features, it does give me a bit more incentive to look into that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 10:01 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope they fixed stats disappearing from player cards when using custom draft classes in MyLeague. However, the changes for MyLeague is definitely a letdown comparing to previous years.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #27
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm disappointed there wasn't many new features for my league however I'm also relieved they didn't change things up a whole lot because I absolutely love what they already had in place. I always wanted to try that myGM mode, looks like 2k20 will be the perfect time to jump in! I think it's going to be another awesome year of 2K basketball.

One gripe I have that I wanted to share was I dont like how playing games uses up action points, thats just a core part of the experience it shouldnt use up points. Especially as a cpu vs cpu player, where I wont gain any advantage by 'playing' the games instead of simming. Love the new badges and coach cards and stuff though.

Sent from my SM-J336AZ using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #28
Rookie

Shouldn't be expecting major improvements when the new generation of consoles are coming out next year... They're saving all of the big improvements and innovations for those consoles... We're firmly at the end of the xbone and PS4 era

Last edited by jetsman92; 07-29-2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:27 AM   #29
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Jon
2K obviously made a typo, putting “myLeague” in the title of a myGM article.

Can’t wait for the full length myLeague article I know they’re going to put out

Kidding...partly, but as a myLeague only guy, 2k spoiled me with the last few myLeague blogs, and this one left me wanting a bit more.

Same here. As a MyLeague only guy, this really leaves a lot to be desired. If the Staff Card means coaching records, then that's something I've been requesting for a couple of years so I'm happy about that. The other stuff sounds decent enough but none of it is really mind blowing like years past.

It sucks but MYGM was due for an upgrade so it looks like that got the majority of the focus this year. MyLeague has been the main focus since like 2K15 so I guess we had to have a year like this sometime. Hopefully, there's at least some nuggets that they didn't include in the blog.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #30
Rookie

I just hope they fix the issues with the 99 inside shot tendency, the G-Leaguers jumping up 10+ overall points and the broken mentorship feature... Also the trade and roster building logic too... Doubt it considering how bad it's been for years... I would love not to have to do manual housekeeping to keep things somewhat realistic... Rebuilding teams should not be going after aging vets in the trade market and free agency and contending teams shouldn't be blowing up their teams with stupid trades for draft picks... Also teams should be signing their second round picks to at least 2-way contracts instead of releasing them immediately after drafting them... CPU teams never sign their second rounders... Those are just a couple things off the top of my head
Old 07-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #31
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

The title of the OS post is misleading. This is strictly a mygm blog and not the usual all inclusive myleague and mlo blogs. Looks like the devs will be doing a separate blog for each mode within the overarching franchise modes. Looking forward to the mlo blog most but there are some interesting features in mygm that I hope does and does not translate to mlo. Namely the free agent destination badges. They should keep those badges offline so as to not predetermine fa outcomes based on the badges. The team chemistry and morale system would be a nice addition to mlo that has previously been confined to the offline modes. More DNA features are welcomed as it literally saved my multi season 30 man mlo that went a total of 10 seasons and is still going strong! Lastly.. Why did it take so long to add force winners to offline my league. This was mind boggling when I found it was missing in offline myleague all this time.

Can't wait for the mlo blog. Stabilize the servers, ensure a gltich free offseason and we are good!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2019, 10:56 AM   #32
DC