Home

Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

This is a discussion on Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2020, 07:18 PM   #1481
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

ive been going dumb. made the shaq blue yellow 6'11" ( 2 way post play) 99 strength, post moves and standing dunk)

i made an iverson 6' all yellow

and just made a porzingis red green 7' 3 level scorer

lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2020, 11:00 PM   #1482
Pro

OVR: 1

So after like 12 builds I realized the only takeover I hadn't tried was slashing, so I made a 6'5" 205ish pound slashing playmaker pg (badges 23, 7, 23, 8). I debated between that and the 2-way slashing playmaker, but decided I really wanted the HOF finishing. Man, I'm glad I did. Been playing with him for a couple of weeks, almost badged out. Keeping him at 92 to finish the badges, but have played a few games of rec at the over 92 level and been just fine. I'm averaging over 20 a game on a high percentage. Even with a 67 3 pointer I can hit consistently enough that I have to be guarded, typically make a couple a game.

I've come to the conclusion that certain builds only work if you've already gotten good at a lot of the game. Nearly anyone can be decent with a rebounding wing, but if I'd started back in September with this build I would have dumped it and moved on. No way I'd be able to shoot with a 67 3 and I would not have been comfortable with the being able to make dribble moves, get speed boosts, do hop steps, read when its time to go for the contact dunk, etc. Not to mention running point. But now, after playing enough rec to reach Elite 1 and having multiple builds and every position, I can do those things, so I can leverage the strengths of the build while minimizing the weaknesses.

I've matched up against a lot of the aforementioned 2 way slashing playmakers and I feel I have a big advantage against the supposed 'best overall build'. Their shooting edge isn't significant, they are far inferior on the drive, and my superior speed and handles makes up for their extra defensive badges. I love getting matched against a playmaking shot creator or an offensive threat, as they have absolutely no chance of staying in front of me or contesting me at the rim.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:26 AM   #1483
Rookie

OVR: 0

part of it is learning the game but a majority if "i can hit with a 67 three ball" or even dribble without playmaking is due to them patching the game to hell.

day one i wanted to make a play stretch.

you couldnt dribble with a big at all.

its patched so now i iso with a 6'11" two way post playmaker.

my og build is a 2 way playmaker with 6 shooting badges and a 70 three ball.

i was shooting around 42 percent from three

(im around 57 percent now)
now? i made a 6'10" midrange maestro who shoots hash with a 71 three ball.

yesterday i brought out a 3 level scorer center at 79 ovr and no badges and greened 5 limitless threes.

that didnt exist in the original game lol

Last edited by eNPHAN; 07-14-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: add
Old 07-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #1484
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNPHAN
part of it is learning the game but a majority if "i can hit with a 67 three ball" or even dribble without playmaking is due to them patching the game to hell.

day one i wanted to make a play stretch.

you couldnt dribble with a big at all.

its patched so now i iso with a 6'11" two way post playmaker.

my og build is a 2 way playmaker with 6 shooting badges and a 70 three ball.

i was shooting around 42 percent from three

(im around 57 percent now)
now? i made a 6'10" midrange maestro who shoots hash with a 71 three ball.

yesterday i brought out a 3 level scorer center at 79 ovr and no badges and greened 5 limitless threes.

that didnt exist in the original game lol
yep shooting has been buffed a lot since launch. my 3 pt% also increased over time and i didnt get any better lol.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:34 AM   #1485
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
yep shooting has been buffed a lot since launch. my 3 pt% also increased over time and i didnt get any better lol.
1st, how do you know you didn't get any better?

2nd, right now the game is flooded with new players due to it being free on Playstation. I've played countless games with Rookies with ratings up to the 90s and they airball and brick constantly even on open shots.

Not saying they didn't boost shooting at all, but if it was all about patching then I'd see a lot more shooting from guys who are below superstar 2 level
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »