Home

NBA 2k16 was removed from my Xbox one and the digital store

This is a discussion on NBA 2k16 was removed from my Xbox one and the digital store within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #17
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k16 was removed from my Xbox one and the digital store

I actually thought 2k16 disappeared on me too and when I went to the store to download it again it only asked for a redeem code, until I realized I purchased the game under a different gamer tag then when I went back to the Microsoft store I had the option to download the game again, but its odd that the game wasn't listed in my ready to install section and I had to go to the store to download it.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:30 AM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I actually thought 2k16 disappeared on me too and when I went to the store to download it again it only asked for a redeem code, until I realized I purchased the game under a different gamer tag then when I went back to the Microsoft store I had the option to download the game again, but its odd that the game wasn't listed in my ready to install section and I had to go to the store to download it.
Why is everyone getting different results? I'm going to call X-Box support again. They gave me a song and dance that Publishers have the right to "remove" games from the store and that there was nothing that they can do about it.

Call me a-hole, but I might demand my $59.99 back and pre-order NBA 2K20 .

EDIT: Wow...I went to my achievements on xbox.com. Click on the "View in the store" where I got the message that the game is not available, and that I had to redeem a code. I clicked on "Redeem code" THEN I clicked on my back button of my browser. It gave me the message that I own the game, and it allowed me to install it to my device.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-12-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Why is everyone getting different results? I'm going to call X-Box support again. They gave me a song and dance that Publishers have the right to "remove" games from the store and that there was nothing that they can do about it.

EDIT: Wow...I went to my achievements on xbox.com. Click on the "View in the store" where I got the message that the game is not available, and that I had to redeem a code. I clicked on "Redeem code" THEN I clicked on my back button of my browser. It gave me the message that I own the game, and it allowed me to install it to my device.

Lol must be some bug or glitch within the Microsoft store for older titles its def. a weird process just to download a game you already purchased.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #20
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Guys, did people just ignore my comment?

When you are on Xbox, and you go to my games and apps, it says something like "on this device" or something similar.

Then there are games not on this device that you own that are ready to install.

From everything that has been said, people are trying to find the game to download in the Xbox store, or through xbox.com and stuff like that, you just have to go to your games, and then go to the ones that say "ready to install" which are the ones you own, but aren't installed yet. It should be listed in there.

I don't have my xbox in front of me so I can't give you the exact words.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:41 PM   #21
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman

When you are on Xbox, and you go to my games and apps, it says something like "on this device" or something similar.

From everything that has been said, people are trying to find the game to download in the Xbox store, or through xbox.com and stuff like that, you just have to go to your games, and then go to the ones that say "ready to install" which are the ones you own, but aren't installed yet. It should be listed in there.

Yea the problem I had was it didn't show up in the ready to install section but I was able to find it in the store to install with no problem. But it seems to not be the same problem for everyone so its hard to say what's really going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 01:00 PM   #22
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman

My "Ready to Install" section is the FIRST place I go to install my games, because I never "hide" them after uninstalling them from my console (minus demos). That was how I noticed that NBA 2K16 was removed my from digital library. I was going through my library, and it wasn't listed although I just installed it about 2-3 months before.

EDIT: This is not my first rodeo with this. I know that I lost the original/remixed (forgot what version it was) Double Dragon from the 360 era. When I called Customer Support after going through my download history on the site and console to re-download it, they told me I couldn't get the game back and refused to refund my money.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 08-12-2019 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #23
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

this is terrible and why now I regret going digital. So basically saying to us, if you get a new xbox, you can't get this game again? Is that what you're hearing?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:41 AM   #24
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
My "Ready to Install" section is the FIRST place I go to install my games, because I never "hide" them after uninstalling them from my console (minus demos). That was how I noticed that NBA 2K16 was removed my from digital library. I was going through my library, and it wasn't listed although I just installed it about 2-3 months before.

EDIT: This is not my first rodeo with this. I know that I lost the original/remixed (forgot what version it was) Double Dragon from the 360 era. When I called Customer Support after going through my download history on the site and console to re-download it, they told me I couldn't get the game back and refused to refund my money.
is there a download section of our entire history we can access on the dashboard or does this have to go through XBOX.com?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »