Home

Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2019, 02:08 PM   #721
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
This has to be a turnover, jumpball or the guy has to be forced call a timeout.
That's...like, really bad...really bad. Can I get the link to that video?--would really like to use it in the blog piece i'm finishing up. The problem is two-fold:

1) Like I said before the game dropped, that lose ball animation can't be interrupted...there's no better example of why that matters than in that clip. It should LITERALLY be the animation we can spam steal with the most to create loose balls....but instead its a force field that protects the player.

2) We cant crowd idle/static or pump-faking players like the AI can...which is dangerous because guys can draw fouls now. Its PERFECT for situations like this one. If the matchup is right Hands Up should trigger the Crowding animation forcing him to either pass, get tied up, stripped or take a really bad shot:

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2019 at 11:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 02:28 PM   #722
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

That's what's frustrating, the balancing tools are IN the game. I don't know why they restrict certain things to the AI.

So say maybe they cant realistically patch in losing the ball/making the ball tangible on those stumbles....

Give us access to those hard cut offs the AI has offline. It literally knocks a chunk of stamina off the offensive players. Now, redirecting actually has consequences..

Same with crowding idle players like you mentioned.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:08 PM   #723
Rookie

OVR: 0

Trying to run some gms if anyone is interested. Thanks.
PSN: TougherColder
Old 09-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #724
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
That's what's frustrating, the balancing tools are IN the game. I don't know why they restrict certain things to the AI. Same with crowding idle players like you mentioned.
Me either, brodie.

I said years ago that when they put drawing fouls back into the game they had to balance it with some kinds of Hands Up mechanic for people trying to bait the user on D. Blocks and trying to strip the ball are simply too foul-prone. Especially on players with high Draw Foul ratings--you're playing with fire trying that with Harden.

If you think people aren't doing it already you're mistaken:

I lucked out on these two--because Embiid comes down on Harden and Curry gets hit but they dont call it:

I tried it here to no avail, but if you don't think Embiid/Kyrie will get that call you're in for a rude awakening:

We need to be able to crowd guys who try to bait you and fail. The lower the guys offensive rating the more likely and faster you should be able to crowd him. Redick crowding AD? Probably not. Richaun Holmes? CROWDING in .2 nanoseconds .

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2019 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #725
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

So sick of these off ball zone or off ball steal spam or just stand around while the ai knocks around the ball handler players.

Meanwhile i gotta try and dig around in the play calling to cut players to the basket

Person gets 14 steals with the Lakers, 4 of those with LeBron, 3 with Javale, 2 with Dwight, 2 with Danny Green, 2 with Avery Bradley and a couple guys with one each.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 10:41 PM   #726
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
So sick of these off ball zone or off ball steal spam or just stand around while the ai knocks around the ball handler players.

Meanwhile i gotta try and dig around in the play calling to cut players to the basket

Person gets 14 steals with the Lakers, 4 of those with LeBron, 3 with Javale, 2 with Dwight, 2 with Danny Green, 2 with Avery Bradley and a couple guys with one each.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Zone defense was one of the reasons why I was getting so frustrated about the shooting percentages with the shot meter off. Now that I'm shooting much better with the shot meter on, I've been shooting people out of the zone by attacking the mid-range area. However, I also got Myles Turner who can pull the center/rim protector pretty far from the paint which allows Sabonis to be the primary offensive rebounder. The Denver and Hawks freelances were heaven sent, lol.
Old 09-22-2019, 10:47 PM   #727
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Zone defense was one of the reasons why I was getting so frustrated about the shooting percentages with the shot meter off. Now that I'm shooting much better with the shot meter on, I've been shooting people out of the zone by attacking the mid-range area. However, I also got Myles Turner who can pull the center/rim protector pretty far from the paint which allows Sabonis to be the primary offensive rebounder. The Denver and Hawks freelances were heaven sent, lol.
Denver and Hawks are working well for you against the zone, eh? I'll have to check those out. Those are two I haven't tried. Mostly been sticking with what's comfortable for me (Flow)
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-23-2019, 12:41 AM   #728
Rookie

How is the difference between base PS4/XboxOne and PS4 Pro/XboxOneX when playing Play Now Online?

Which is more smooth to play with? Last year I had a ps4 pro and I noticed nba 2k19's native resolution is higher than 1080p and there's no performance option to choose. Base PS1 seems to use lower resolution probably native 900p or 1080p, lower resolution usually is more smooth that's why some ps4 pro games has 1080p performance mode stable 60fps and 4k mode 30fps. NBA 2k usually force a single mode for each system with no option whatsoever.

The reason im asking cause i recently sold my ps4 pro, and i want to play nba 2k20 pno again will base ps4 be fine for a competitive player?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »