Home

MYLEAGUE Player ONLY....should I buy?

This is a discussion on MYLEAGUE Player ONLY....should I buy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2019, 07:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MYLEAGUE Player ONLY....should I buy?

Just looking for some honest feedback. I ONLY play offline MYLEAGUE. This is the first time I haven't gotten 2K on the release day because from what I could tell, MYLEAGUE hadn't really gotten any love, plus all the bugs from last year made me uninstall the game at one point due to all the crashes. I finally got a good MYLEAGUE going on 2K19. Do any fellow MYLEAGUE only players feel the gameplay and minor additions are enough to buy this year, or would I be better off just hanging in with 2K19 and waiting for 2K21?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 07:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MYLEAGUE Player ONLY....should I buy?

I'm going to copy/paste what I said in the other MyLeague thread.

I'm going to come off super passionate here. I have always been a HUGE fan of MyLeague. I play the other game modes, but nothing quite takes up my time like MyLeague does. I love controlling 30 teams.. I love handling the trades, off-season, draft classes, etc.

I could not be more disappointed this year by MyLeague. As others have mentioned it is similar, but I would argue that it is actually even more bugged, in fact it's actually broken as of right now. I have seen these issues mentioned, but it's a HUGE deal.

1. Team Options are broken (game breaking)

Idk why, but after a couple years I am not seeing the ability to manage the team options for the teams. I am controlling all 30 teams. I noticed this when I saw RJ Barrett in free agency two years in. I went to the social media aspect and realized that the computer was still handling the options because there was news reporting some players having their option exercised. I checked the contracts of the players this is happening to and they are correct. Basically, it's not allowing me to control it and we are seeing the computer think paying RJ Barrett that much is a bad deal for them. I simulated one more year and went to the team and player option screen and now I could not see a SINGLE player or team option. This is literally three years in. Seems fine in the first off-season, so maybe no one is noticing this as much.

2. Draft Classes were tinkered with, but still awful

You can tell they changed the strength of the draft classes. You will see a lot more 70+ overall players in a class, but you also will see a lot more guys with 80+ potential. You will likely see about 20-30 of them. Which is horrible, but the players also have terrible Peak Start and Peak Ends that maybe it works out long term. I haven't done enough testing, but the fact that some guys have peak starts at 30 is just a joke. If you want to throw a Joe Ingles anomaly in there, I'm for it. But, this is way off base.

Additionally, the generated players look awful. It basically looks like a random generator without context of what a realistic player can/should be. That goes for signature and ratings as well.

3. Previous bugs are still in the game

- Shot under basket to 99 tendency still exists. I honestly don't know how much this impacts the game. I play MyLeague a lot and don't know if I ever noticed what the affect this has is. Not sure I want the blinders pulled off of me either.

- Player Mentorship still doesn't work. Although, I did notice some natural progression with badges. Which is fine, but if that is what you are going to do, just say so and take out mentorship. It seems so messed up to have this as such a selling point last year and it still doesn't work. Very unethical to me.

- G-League players take over the league. This ruins the game for me. I get it, it makes sense to have this happen at some point, but you usually will see 5+ of these guys each season. It's just wayyyy too much. You can release all the players on two-way deals to mitigate the issue a little. But, what I don't think Devs understand is that it ruins the experience. Serious money gets allocated to these players that then leaves real stars in Free Agency. It creates a field of players that we are not used to, because we usually see about 100 players 80+ overall. This makes it so there is more like 150+. It's just not believable.

I would not purchase as of right now if you hope to play MyLeague.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

The quick answer is no. MyLeague is the exact same as it was in 2K19. Including mode-breaking bugs/glitches.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyPrime
The quick answer is no. MyLeague is the exact same as it was in 2K19. Including mode-breaking bugs/glitches.
This. And the few things they did add are so small that it definitely does not warrant an upgrade imo.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:37 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
This. And the few things they did add are so small that it definitely does not warrant an upgrade imo.
OP, I completely disagree with this. There are some bugs. No denying any of that, and some of them can significantly impact the mode like the Shot Under the Basket Tendency or the inability to use injury rosters. As nearly every MyLeague player know the game needs to be made in the sliders and they've added a TON of them.

But there were a number of additions to MyLeague that can lead to a pretty stellar and individual experience. Just a few I've seen thus far:

1. The ability to force Wins/Losses for team you can control
2. Additional progression sliders based on Personality badges - e.g. you can dictate how much a player progresses in attributes if they have somethign like a "Legendary Work Ethic Badge"
3. Stats/Percentages sliders - MyLeague has always had an inflated stats issue and these sliders allow you to adjust the basic percentages across the league to create a more realistic mode

Those are the ones that have stood out the most. I haven't seen every single element of MyLeague, but I'm happy with the things I've seen. There is some funkiness as highlighted and it is not perfect. But you can definitely have a great amount of fun and control in the mode that you did not have in previous 2ks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #6
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
1. The ability to force Wins/Losses for team you can control
2. Additional progression sliders based on Personality badges - e.g. you can dictate how much a player progresses in attributes if they have somethign like a "Legendary Work Ethic Badge"
3. Stats/Percentages sliders - MyLeague has always had an inflated stats issue and these sliders allow you to adjust the basic percentages across the league to create a more realistic mode

1. True

2. That was in 2k19 and 2k18
3. The stats sliders are worth it if you have been frustrated by per game averages in the past.

I'm pretty sure 1 and 3 are quite literally the only additions to the mode.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:46 PM   #7
Pro

MyLeague is a fairly robust mode. Refinement and improvement is fine.

Once they clean up the funkiness it will be one of the best franchise modes in games.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:49 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

If you went out of your way to "uninstall" the game because you got so angry at it last year, I'd tell you to wait for a sale before you get 2k20 or don't get it at all.

It just simply hasn't changed enough offline for you. It's changed some, and some of the small changes are great, but not enough for someone who went nuclear on 2k19 and deleted it from their system then had to reinstall it later.

At least wait until the NBA season starts or Black Friday so there's a sale and sliders are out and fine tuned. I play offline Franchise almost exclusively, but I don't start it then until the NBA season starts. I play MyCareer (NBA games only) until then.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-08-2019 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »