Home

New shooting update

This is a discussion on New shooting update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 05:34 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: New shooting update

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
Haha it blows my mind when the online guys come complaining about realism...... like that’s arcade world over there bro, it’s useless to worry about realism

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Odd sentiment. I could argue that playing against easily abusable A.I. is actually less realistic than an adaptable human being who isn’t just following an algorithm. In any case, online play can still be made more realistic by having realistic outcomes during interactions between players. It’s literally no different than 2K adjusting the sliders like you would in your Uber realistic offline world.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:02 PM   #74
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Shooting with lag online is damn near impossible.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
This....latency is hurting shooting this year since its now green or no basket smh
Old 09-27-2019, 10:40 PM   #75
Pro

timsmooth503pa's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimp14
I don't play park or online at all right now. I'm beating the CPU easily on HOF. There best players can't make a shot. Even great players are barely a threat. Something has to be done about shooting for the CPU on HOF. Sure it would be nice If I made open shots more constantly.
Yeah all of a sudden on hof offline the jumpers are harder to make now out the box the games feel realistic I changed the sliders and the 3pt percentages are under 30 when it was out the box 30-40% easy I tried it on rp% and shot timing if it's not green it's off I wish they would change it back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2019, 11:48 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Odd sentiment. I could argue that playing against easily abusable A.I. is actually less realistic than an adaptable human being who isn’t just following an algorithm. In any case, online play can still be made more realistic by having realistic outcomes during interactions between players. It’s literally no different than 2K adjusting the sliders like you would in your Uber realistic offline world.

playing online u still deal with algorithms and the games programming, and adaptable human???? u mean dudes online always looking for a way to take advantage of the game? lol u obviously like that arcade stuff and thats cool but i think its pointless if u like the possibility of realistic basketball
Old 09-28-2019, 10:28 AM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosAllDay85
playing online u still deal with algorithms and the games programming, and adaptable human???? u mean dudes online always looking for a way to take advantage of the game? lol u obviously like that arcade stuff and thats cool but i think its pointless if u like the possibility of realistic basketball
Humans trying to take advantage of the game is exactly what happens in real life with coaches. Running plays to exploit the players/schemes the other team is using. No I don’t “obviously” like arcade stuff. I prefer playing against humans because it’s more varied and unique than the A.I. Frankly, your stance is incredibly close-minded. There are plenty of online players who want a more sim-like balanced experience while playing against other players. You thinking that can only be achieved by playing against the computer is comical.
Old 09-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #78
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth503pa
Yeah all of a sudden on hof offline the jumpers are harder to make now out the box the games feel realistic I changed the sliders and the 3pt percentages are under 30 when it was out the box 30-40% easy I tried it on rp% and shot timing if it's not green it's off I wish they would change it back
I am having the exact opposite experience. Shooting is way easier then day 1. The CPU on HOF is greening 3s left and right. Houston hit 20 3s vs me in a game. Lebron just hit 5 threes on me in 1 half. Rondo also was raining down 3s, even off the dribble.

Quote:
Humans trying to take advantage of the game is exactly what happens in real life with coaches. Running plays to exploit the players/schemes the other team is using. No I don’t “obviously” like arcade stuff. I prefer playing against humans because it’s more varied and unique than the A.I. Frankly, your stance is incredibly close-minded. There are plenty of online players who want a more sim-like balanced experience while playing against other players. You thinking that can only be achieved by playing against the computer is comical.
The CPU is way more cheese then a human. A human vs human will give you a much more realistic game then the cpu. Imo

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 09-28-2019, 01:53 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:

Ya there’s plenty of online guys who want sim basketball.......go tell that to Czar and Mike in which 1 has deleted twitter and went off the grid because of the utter insanity that the online community created because the game wasn’t set up to their arcade style they wanted....... the online community in 2k is for the most part toxic and ridiculous.......but to each their own, continue on with your Uber realistic online experience 🤦🏻*♂️

Old 09-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
I am having the exact opposite experience. Shooting is way easier then day 1. The CPU on HOF is greening 3s left and right. Houston hit 20 3s vs me in a game. Lebron just hit 5 threes on me in 1 half. Rondo also was raining down 3s, even off the dribble.

The CPU is way more cheese then a human. A human vs human will give you a much more realistic game then the cpu. Imo

You have a very small group in which that’s true, just playing randomly online that is far from the truth...... I find the majority of people online would prefer the style of NBA Jam than 2K and sim nation and the cpu cheese is done in an effort to create difficulty not cheat the system like a human will almost always do online

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »