Home

New shooting update

This is a discussion on New shooting update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New shooting update

I don't play park or online at all right now. I'm beating the CPU easily on HOF. There best players can't make a shot. Even great players are barely a threat. Something has to be done about shooting for the CPU on HOF. Sure it would be nice If I made open shots more constantly.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:31 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimp14
I don't play park or online at all right now. I'm beating the CPU easily on HOF. There best players can't make a shot. Even great players are barely a threat. Something has to be done about shooting for the CPU on HOF. Sure it would be nice If I made open shots more constantly.
your teammates or the team your playing against?
my teammates don’t hit ANY shots! but the opposing cpu hits everything. two games in a row my team as a whole missed 40+ threes, making less than 10. more than half were wide open.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
What kind of percentages would be acceptable to you for your 90 3 pt rating? And what are you shooting now?

If offline is your problem you are free to bump up your shooting sliders, that's the beauty of offline gameplay, you can tailor the experience to be whatever you want it to be.

Well, the thing is the game already has an acceptable percentage for my rating. With HOF Floor General, the "expected" percentage of 3pt makes for my 90 3pt when open is 62%. And when I use real% I get close to that. Anywhere between 40-60%.

But when I use release timings, I get maybe half of that, like 20-30% at most. The ones I do make are from greens. It was so bad that at one point, my 3pt% was below 25%. Had to restart the league after that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 11:59 PM   #52
Pro

YungGun's Arena

Green releases should be the only shots going in at this point. The inconsistency of whether a white release goes in or not is really starting to kill the game. I hate playing a game where I'm missing all of my white releases with a 88 3 ball, meanwhile guys with lesser 3 ball ratings are making theirs, along with making bad shots. If it isn't green, imo it shouldn't go in. That could help create a much better skill gap and end all the madness with shooting.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:04 AM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Green releases should be the only shots going in at this point. The inconsistency of whether a white release goes in or not is really starting to kill the game. I hate playing a game where I'm missing all of my white releases with a 88 3 ball, meanwhile guys with lesser 3 ball ratings are making theirs, along with making bad shots. If it isn't green, imo it shouldn't go in. That could help create a much better skill gap and end all the madness with shooting.
So you want arcade basketball? Go play NBA Jam
Old 09-18-2019, 06:14 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDominator273
So you want arcade basketball? Go play NBA Jam
NBA Jam has much more realistic 3pt shooting, so much so for the On Fire Edition they boosted it up a bit because it was too low😂
Old 09-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #55
Pro

I won't say only green shots should be makes but Players should be rewarded for high quality well timed shots also. From what I've seen there isn't a harsh enough penalty against poor timing. People are really making half bars and bounce backs. The chances of a shot going in seems relatively close between a half bar and a full white. Beluba has to adjust that.

On another note I got all my hotspots and reallocated some shooting badges yesterday morning. World of difference.

Not sure if they did something to the shooting last night but it seemed way easier for some reason. I rarely got a full white.

Last edited by Korrupted; 09-18-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2019, 08:38 AM   #56
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

Why dont they just use Lives System?

Its so good: basically its a combination of the timing and rating of the player. If you get a perfect release you get the best % of the shot going in (e.g. Curry on 3´s: 90% - Lebron 70%). If you miss the timing the percentage just drops based on the player.

Its also easier to get a green release in the game - but then again - its not a 100% guaranteed bucket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »