Home

Is the game really easy this year?!

This is a discussion on Is the game really easy this year?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Is the game really easy this year?!

i feel like the game is way to easy this year. i mean... check this stats(i played with the Lakers). i'm playing on HOF, last year i didn't get to this level and stayed on Superstar. my biggest problem is with the CPU AI, it always make the same dumb plays, milking the clock a lot and then takes a suicide shot and i almost never see the cpu using the post even with players like joel embiid and other post players. so is it just me or more people filling the same?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2k.jpg (89.9 KB, 192 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Is the game really easy this year?!

Try doing the same thing with the Bulls or Cavs and report back. I bet you lose.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #3
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

Are you trying to play simulation basketball or just arcade?
You are shooting over 50% from the field and 95% in free throws. Maybe you should adjust the sliders a bit so you get a more accurate percentage. That means you probably miss more and the playing field gets more even.

The sliders that are by default in the game is not always ideal for everyone's playstyle, so if you want it to be competitive you need to adjust them. It's not 2K's fault if you find the game easy, that's why there are sliders.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 11-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #4
MVP

It’s just you I’m getting killed as the raptors in pro but have too much pride to put it on rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2019, 11:43 AM   #5
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Game is easy as the Lakers or any good team but impossible with a team like the Wizards lol.

I kinda like it but it’s just so stark.

You’re right though that the player tendencies are way off this year.

Playcalling is also idiotic.

When I lose when playing as a worse team it’s not because of anything but my players bricking wide open shots and the other team making contested ones or getting ripped while waiting for a play to develop.

If anyone has sliders for that that doesn’t complete skew the difficulty I’d really appreciate it as lag is a joke atm and would love to have a challenging CPU game that doesn’t feel like I’m being cheesed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2019, 01:33 PM   #6
Banned

I have a hard time believing this is on HOF and u are routinely beating teams by 35 points and shooting with those percentages....... none the less sliders are adjustable for that reason but I consider myself a decent player and rarely beat teams by that much on super star so I guess you’re just too good

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Try doing the same thing with the Bulls or Cavs and report back. I bet you lose.
challenge accepted, i'll show you the stats compersion on my next game
Old 11-19-2019, 05:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Are you trying to play simulation basketball or just arcade?
You are shooting over 50% from the field and 95% in free throws. Maybe you should adjust the sliders a bit so you get a more accurate percentage. That means you probably miss more and the playing field gets more even.

The sliders that are by default in the game is not always ideal for everyone's playstyle, so if you want it to be competitive you need to adjust them. It's not 2K's fault if you find the game easy, that's why there are sliders.
i don't have a problem with my field goal percentage, i move the ball well and getting great looks. my problem with the game is that the cpu sucks!!! player tendencies for cpu are off, playcalling is also broken for cpu and it's getting really bad shots, cpu doesn't post at all even with bigs like Embiid. if 2k fix this then i'll have more challenge.
scoring 110 points on 10 min quarter is legit, while getting only 77 by the opponent is not, specially while playing on HOF.
i play this game since 2k1 so take my word that i don't need you to explain to me what the sliders do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »