Home

Is the game really easy this year?!

This is a discussion on Is the game really easy this year?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #17
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is the game really easy this year?!

for me, adjusted sliders are what is needed for me to enjoy it. But that's typically what I do, every one of my 2k games has customized sliders, I try to make it match to my playing style and I have competitive games.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
for me, adjusted sliders are what is needed for me to enjoy it. But that's typically what I do, every one of my 2k games has customized sliders, I try to make it match to my playing style and I have competitive games.

Sliders are super important this year it seems...... I’ve found my sweet spot and I’m having a blast with the game right now

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-21-2019, 11:54 AM   #19
a goat

duce's Arena

Try the sliders in the forum. I'd suggest the OS Community Slider or ShadyMikes as a starting point for players saying HOF default is too easy. I'm in the same boat definitely and last year didn't seem this easy. I was mostly PNO and myCareer then, tho.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:25 PM   #20
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24

Bingo!!!! Every year each game is different. As it should be. Slider adjustment is necessary.

I do the exact same thing. Always custom. Never default.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:31 PM   #21
MVP

statum71's Arena

OVR: 61

I’m amused at guys saying it’s too easy and they’re undefeated playing with the Lakers.

The Lakers are probably the easiest team to play with on the game. LeBron and AD are unstoppable. Not to mention Boogie, Kuzma, Howard, and they have shooters too????

Cmon now. No wonder.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 04:37 PM   #22
a goat

duce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I’m amused at guys saying it’s too easy and they’re undefeated playing with the Lakers.

The Lakers are probably the easiest team to play with on the game. LeBron and AD are unstoppable. Not to mention Boogie, Kuzma, Howard, and they have shooters too????

Cmon now. No wonder.

I hear ya, but I felt it's too easy playing with the Kings. It's something that seems to happen after you get used to a team. All you need is shooters and a good play initiator
Old 11-22-2019, 12:13 PM   #23
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

The game is not easy using custom sliders but the blow bys are extremely easy and fustrating....The CPU on defense the defender is back peddling as im going to the hole.. not good!!!
Old 11-30-2019, 02:45 AM   #24
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
This is where you gotta trust the heads here at OS and try a custom roster.

I gave up on offline MyLeague for now as there is no middle ground. I either dominate the dumb *** AI or I get cheesed by the dumb *** AI - and the determining factor is typically a 95+ overall player or two.

I’ve bookmarked a few threads in the roster section of the forum for classic rosters and adjusted current rosters that remove all the BS rebounding badges - hoping they will give me a more consistently challenging and balanced experience.

But the AI is very dumb 90% of the time.

I find if I blow up a play with like 10 seconds left on the shot clock they’ll just stand there with the ball until it runs out and throw a bogus contested shot.

The cheese comes in when they warp in for an O Board and put it straight back even when they’re boxed out - which is the downside as playing as a lower OVR team like the Suns or Wizards - yet my best players be shooting 30% on wide open shots because I don’t have Lebron giving everyone a +5 attribute boost.

2k20 is the perfect example of the crossroads 2k is at.

Trying to keep both the players that make them money and the players that got them the status to make money off these new players happy is an unenviable task - and sadly the shortcuts they’re taking in their attempt to do so are pissing off both.
You nailed it. It's been this way for awhile but NBA 2K19 and now NBA 2K20 have been the worst. Like you said. There's no middle ground. I either dominate and it's not fun, or I get cheesed and its frustration. There's no challenge in building up a team, because the ratings of your players don't determine the outcome, the difficulty setting and sliders do.

I get that there are sliders and all that but honestly I dont have the time or energy to test sliders for hours upon hours before I can finally load up a MyLeague. It's tedious.

I've tried downloading sliders and again it doesn't present me a balanced challenge, it just hits one extreme or the other.

I'm honestly getting over 2K, and that's something I never thought I'd say even a couple years ago. It just doesn't present me an enjoyable experience anymore when the offline vs. CPU experience is so clearly lacking
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »