Home

does anyone know the real reason Reggie Miller doesn't want to be part of 2K

This is a discussion on does anyone know the real reason Reggie Miller doesn't want to be part of 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: does anyone know the real reason Reggie Miller doesn't want to be part of 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylo36
https://landonbuford.com/charles-bar...not-in-nba-2k/

According to this link he states the money hasn't been right.
That's first time reading that about Miller confirming why via Instagram. Interesting.

So this whole time, it was about the money??? Well...it is what it is. I don't know what he's expecting from a compensation standpoint. Now, he's getting to the point where most basketball gamers, minus the old heads, won't care as much. I still care as a long-time Pacers fan, but other and arguably better stars (JO, Granger, PG, VO) has came after him, so it's an easy pill to swallow.

Barkley doesn't bother me as much, because he's trying to pass the money to another group. Miller is just being greedy.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 11-20-2019 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:37 PM   #10
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Re: does anyone know the real reason Reggie Miller doesn't want to be part of 2K

Afaik its the same reason as with Barkley. 2k refuses to give money to the nba player retirement association or whatever its called.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #11
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I DON'T blame them or any other player(s) NOT compensated what they seek. Secure the bag and or break bread so others can eat. . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I'd argue, in any facet, does Reggie miller need more money? He probably gets millions already working for TNT. Man, in an alternative universe, I'd be a superstar, and I'd justa think it'd be the sweetest thing being on a video game, I'd want my kids to be able to see me on their video games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Afaik its the same reason as with Barkley. 2k refuses to give money to the nba player retirement association or whatever its called.
The way I read the story, Miller is wanting to be compensated for his likeness. It's not secret that Barkley has been for NBA Player retirement associate for years.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The way I read the story, Miller is wanting to be compensated for his likeness. It's not secret that Barkley has been for NBA Player retirement associate for years.
It was always about money for both of these guys. Can't call them greedy just because you want to use them on a game.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
It was always about money for both of these guys. Can't call them greedy just because you want to use them on a game.
What I meant is that Miller wants the money for himself. Barkley wants the money to go to a specific organization. To me, there's a difference. Barkley is trying to help other retired players like himself which I think is kinda noble, while Miller is full of himself. Miller was a great player for Indiana, but let's be real...he was no elite talent.

In my mind, if 2K Sports pay the NBA Retirement Association, I think that opens the door where 2K Sports can negotiate a "licensing" fee as long as the NBAPA is consistent with having players become part of the association after retirement. At the moment, 2K Sports would has to strike individual deals for the likeness of Miller, Sheed, Barkley, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »