Home

HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

This is a discussion on HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2019, 11:16 AM   #57
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: HOF Shooting Badges and Badge Stacking Needs to Gooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I'm not changing the subject just stating the obvious. I've already said until 2k makes changes this game will be played a certain way by some/most in the community. Going into JRC with high expectations as a solo player is a huge mistake. Thinking that you'll run up against players who play simulation basketball is about as rare as ever. Getting teamed up with good Randoms doesn't occur too often either. The game is a mess but I'd save myself the frustration by finding a decent squad that somewhat knows what they're doing. The experience this year is probably the worse it's been in quite some time. Same ish different day.
Brother... the subject is how these HOF badges effect the game, not how entering the Rec by yourself effects the game. It doesn't matter if your teammates are the stupidest of the stupid, a strategy like that, which is predicated on shots which are generally recognized to be "bad basketball," shouldn't be a viable strategy. Heck... you see this first hand at your average Y, bunch of average guys come up against an amazing dude, but the dude forces everything and his team loses anyway because they weren't playing smart basketball.

The issue is that the game rewards poor basketball over good basketball more often than not and the solution to that should be rewarding good basketball and punishing bad basketball. The better team will still win, who you're running with and whether or not you're winning the game is wholly irrelevant to the topic. Saving frustration is irrelevant to this topic, because the frustration is the topic. 2k is encouraging bad basketball which is the entire problem and topic of discussion.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 12-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #58
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
Brother... the subject is how these HOF badges effect the game, not how entering the Rec by yourself effects the game. It doesn't matter if your teammates are the stupidest of the stupid, a strategy like that, which is predicated on shots which are generally recognized to be "bad basketball," shouldn't be a viable strategy. Heck... you see this first hand at your average Y, bunch of average guys come up against an amazing dude, but the dude forces everything and his team loses anyway because they weren't playing smart basketball.

The issue is that the game rewards poor basketball over good basketball more often than not and the solution to that should be rewarding good basketball and punishing bad basketball. The better team will still win, who you're running with and whether or not you're winning the game is wholly irrelevant to the topic. Saving frustration is irrelevant to this topic, because the frustration is the topic. 2k is encouraging bad basketball which is the entire problem and topic of discussion.
And we've been experiencing this for years. It's a legitimate problem and we all know that but until it's fixed what can you do? 2k knows about the issues. The same complaints pop up every year especially since archetypes have been introduced to the game. I think it's time to start blaming the devs more than the community itself. I'm just stating alternatives to help people out. Some folks are gonna let this game run their blood pressure sky high.

It's pretty much stamped how this game is going to be played the next 9 months until 2k21 drops. There are no patches coming that's going to fix the issues. It sucks but you just gotta accept the fact at this point. I pray most don't have their expectations super high for the next installment either because with what the devs are throwing in this game, the lack of testing, and this community, the experience will be ruined quick as hell.

Last edited by Korrupted; 12-30-2019 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 09:25 PM   #59
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Man you really go into Jordan Rec and expect to win with Randoms? Ain't no way in hell I'm stepping foot in JRC solo around this time of year. It's an absolute trash experience. Those "Try Hard" full 5's will wreck randoms but the minute they play against legitimate players it shows why they're in JRC and not Team Pro-AM. You don't need godlike chemistry to beat them either. We've been catching a lot of Full 5's in JRC the last couple of days and the games haven't been competitive whatsoever. You're gonna have to find a decent squad to have a chance in JRC with the current matchmaking. Randoms aren't going to cut it.
I do both - I run with different squads but if they ain't on or I don't have time/patience or just to grind a player I'll run solo, 'cause vs cpu is boring af. But point is the same - game is arcade and needs to be fixed. That's why the meta consistently stays the same. Also the more noise the community makes, the more likely it *may* get fixed.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 12-30-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:48 PM   #60
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth9012
They still saying that stamina and unpluckable need to be buffed....

Delusional...

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka
its insane to think that we have to share the same gym floor with these players. i'm not mad at you for wanting what you want out of your $60 . i'm mad at 2k for not separating us. its not hard at all. two modes. SIM/Arcade. we should not be forced to play one another or play together. its unfair for both camps.

It's the equivalent of giving a 35 year old grown man a 21 year old roommate. odds are that wont work out so well MOST times for either age group involved. the 35 yr old will be constantly complaining about the 21 year old's loud music, friends over late at night etc. and vice versa. 21 yr old is like why this old dude always on my helmet about something that young people are supposed to be doing and when is he going to ever leave the house. lol.

you notice in college they dont put freshmen in the same dorms as juniors and seniors. they put them with other freshmen. why the hell do i have to deal with dribble gawds and fade away deep range green release shooters in my rec gym? take that ish over there.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:05 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 1

Shooting feels like 2k19 right now. Seeing guys with ratings in the high 40’s and low50’s shoot 40% wide open.

Guys with no badges greening contested shots lol. What did they do for the holidays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2020, 04:38 PM   #62
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Shooting feels like 2k19 right now. Seeing guys with ratings in the high 40’s and low50’s shoot 40% wide open.

Guys with no badges greening contested shots lol. What did they do for the holidays
Noticed this as well in both Park and Rec. The Steph Curry effect ruined 2K's shooting lol. What irks me the most are these 40 ft off the dribble greens. Like Steph Curry wouldn't take 10 of these deep 3's a game, it'd be 1-2 max. There's only 2-3 players in the league with that kind of range (Lillard comes to mind). And they're not taking 100 40 foot threes a game. And these type of players are RARE.

Just think about how far 2K is from real basketball. Imagine seeing it being COMMON in the NBA that a player can dribble around for 10-15 seconds behind a screen with ankle breaking moves with zero fatigue, then step back into a 45 foot lightning quick release 3...and be successful 60-80% of the time. Yet this is common place in 'competitive mode' Pro-Am and the 2K League.
Old 01-09-2020, 04:45 PM   #63
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
Noticed this as well in both Park and Rec. The Steph Curry effect ruined 2K's shooting lol. What irks me the most are these 40 ft off the dribble greens. Like Steph Curry wouldn't take 10 of these deep 3's a game, it'd be 1-2 max. There's only 2-3 players in the league with that kind of range (Lillard comes to mind). And they're not taking 100 40 foot threes a game. And these type of players are RARE.

Just think about how far 2K is from real basketball. Imagine seeing it being COMMON in the NBA that a player can dribble around for 10-15 seconds behind a screen with ankle breaking moves with zero fatigue, then step back into a 45 foot lightning quick release 3...and be successful 60-80% of the time. Yet this is common place in 'competitive mode' Pro-Am and the 2K League.
Screens for greens. It's literally all this game is.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #64
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Its insane that same move behind back to hesi is ruining the game since 2k15 lol.

And this corner bitches and bigs who are bitches aswelll(when they grab offensive rebound just go guard pg he is not taking a shot even if he s open)

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »