Home

Vote For NBA 2K Game of the Decade

This is a discussion on Vote For NBA 2K Game of the Decade within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Vote For NBA 2K Game of the Decade
NBA 2K11 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K12 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K13 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K14 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K15 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K16 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K17 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K18 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K19 The results are hidden 0%
NBA 2K20 The results are hidden 0%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Vote For NBA 2K Game of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
The thing I didn't like from 2k in this decade is the change of philosophy.

From 16 to 20 they went from sim to arcade to skill sticks and competitive gaming back to the new "sim but not too much" approach...
That's very true. Personally, I'm "comfortable" with the "sim but not too much" gameplay of NBA 2K20. I've mentioned this in other threads, but once you stop treating NBA 2K as a "sim" it's rather an enjoyable game.

Having said that, I'm surprised that people have mentioned NBA 2K18. That game was an automatic elimination for me due to the ridiculous blow-by and snatchback animations. In PNO, it was an exercise in maintaining your insanity for 20 minutes.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:37 PM   #18
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

16 was good, but im gonna have to go with 2k11. Just had something for everyone almost. I really miss the challenge modes.
Old 12-29-2019, 04:42 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
2K11

To this day still a fantastic, fun simulation of NBA basketball. I still have my franchise file for my glorious Miami Heat threepeat franchise. 5 years in to that one. And have all those classic rosters still.

2K18 is my second place game (Love it and still play it and have not played 19 or 20). MJ Wizards classic rosters reign supreme for me with season replays.

Really, NBA2k11, had a stats glitch, the team stats in it were horrible, and if Im not mistaken it wasnt fixed in 12 either. It wasnt till either 13 or 14 they finally fixed it.

I voted for NBA2k20, sure it has its issues, but overall its the best playing basketball game to date, IMO anyway, I havent enjoyed a game this much since CH2k8.

I cant remember much about NBA2k16, 17, or 18. If I remember correctly both 17 and 18, had a more realistic amount of charges, and blocking fouls, along with shooting fouls on 3pt attempts. But those games has other problems, that 19 and 20 dont have. I have definitely been enjoying 20 much more than I did 19.

I just remember how bad both 11 and 12 were for those of us who are OCD about sim stats, which is why I hated both of those games, although I enjoyed 12, with the old school teams, and how they had the black and white style telecast. But outside of that, not much else was good about it.

I did like the footplanting in NBA2k11, and I can definitely see why online players would be fans of NBA2k11.

Also with NBA2k11, offensive rebounding was basically non existent in most games, as I remember a lot of people complaining about it on here, including myself,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-30-2019, 07:39 PM   #20
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

It's 2k17 for me. That was the year of my Nets franchise and the first year I really got into the nba 2k series.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-31-2019, 04:34 AM   #21
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

I have to say that 2k19 is great but the goat is 2k11. 2k12 was great too.
For Off rebond when you played bad in offense your teammate don't want to take Off reb it is logical!
A good sign i played well for example is when Rodman took a lot of rebond (def or Off). If he didn't take reb, i considered my offensiv set play was bad and trust me it represents a lot of game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2019, 12:53 PM   #22
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

2K11 for me. That game really felt like we'd reached another level with what video games were capable of. The Jordan integration was so well done and that opened up roster creators to make amazing classic season roster files that I still use to this day.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 12-31-2019, 01:12 PM   #23
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

You really need to consider the timing of when these games were released too. 2k16 & 2k19 might be "better" currently, but nobody's jaws were dropping like they were in October of 2010 when the masterpiece of 2k11 dropped. It was so good that EA had to cancel NBA ELITE 11 & throw it in the garbage.

I honestly felt bad for 2k12. Pretty much left with an impossible task of following up 2k11. Very underrated game with the addition of the legends teams that make up the nucleus of classic teams we see today. It had the era specific visuals too in the legend mode.
Old 12-31-2019, 05:22 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
You really need to consider the timing of when these games were released too. 2k16 & 2k19 might be "better" currently, but nobody's jaws were dropping like they were in October of 2010 when the masterpiece of 2k11 dropped. It was so good that EA had to cancel NBA ELITE 11 & throw it in the garbage.

I honestly felt bad for 2k12. Pretty much left with an impossible task of following up 2k11. Very underrated game with the addition of the legends teams that make up the nucleus of classic teams we see today. It had the era specific visuals too in the legend mode.
2K12 gets a bad rap. Like you said, near-impossible to follow up 2K11, but I thought 2K did a good job and the era-specific filters and Greatest Mode were nice touches.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »