Home

Starting to have an issue with how this game doesn’t simulate actual basketball

This is a discussion on Starting to have an issue with how this game doesn’t simulate actual basketball within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #25
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Starting to have an issue with how this game doesn’t simulate actual basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I can almost guarantee that this was a lead pass but then somehow, Bledsoe immediately stopped moving and just put his hands in the air as if he's Richard Sherman. Unfortunately, the game does questionable things that are for the benefit of the CPU.
Honestly, I don't worry about the one off situations. It's a video game. Sometimes the unexpected happens. Personally, I always turn off lead passing in settings, and I've been doing that since 2K13ish.

We ALL need to stop treating this game like a pure simulation of basketball. It's amazing how less frustrated you'll become with the game. Everyone have their moments of rant, but let's not start calling the game garbage.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-09-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Starting to have an issue with how this game doesn’t simulate actual basketball

Passing is so behind in this game. Hopefully they can overhaul it for next gen. It never gets the attention it deserves.

I don't think anybody minds bad passes but it seems if the game determines you made a bad pass, you'll just throw it directly to the defender. It can be infuriating
Old 03-09-2020, 12:27 AM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Passing is so behind in this game. Hopefully they can overhaul it for next gen. It never gets the attention it deserves.

I don't think anybody minds bad passes but it seems if the game determines you made a bad pass, you'll just throw it directly to the defender. It can be infuriating
Random thought on this subject, since this "problem occurs in ALL modes. When you throw the ball directly into the defender, all that's really happening is that the ball is following your target. In 90% of the cases, the target was in Spot A, but at the last moment moved towards Spot B. I have thrown those same stupid passes in REC, so the "cpu is cheating" conspiracy is not valid.

I can't believe I'm saying this for the first time after years of complaining about this situation. What SHOULD happen is that pass should merely be thrown out of bounds. The million dollar is...can this be implemented without doing a complete overhaul of the passing system? How do you simulate that, because IRL there's usually eye contact between the passer and receiver before a pass is made.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2020, 03:22 AM   #28
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

The premise of the OP is kinda dumb. One play doesn't make or break if it's sim or not. Even if you're right, all that would be needed is to tone down passing lane steal / hands sliders. Simple fix. I think maybe the passing steals should be toned down for crappy defensive players. Like these OP offensive threats, they should suck more at defense, their ratings should matter more.

If you wanna see what's wrong with the game, watch a pro am game. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/558506694 Never seen more contested 3's go in (ok maybe 2k17 or 2k18). Never seen more spacing due to 50 ft threes 'gawds'. And ffs can we get rid of the Quick Draw badge. Jumpshot release times are literally Steph Curry in fast forward. So you're tellin me "speed boosting" into an insanely fast 3 is "realistic".

5 out and 4 1 iso ball... why? 1) Insane spacing from 50 ft threats 2) Everyone scared of TO's 'cause of passing lane steals 3) OP "curry gawds" still here.

Last edited by TheFgGoatLikesHawks; 03-09-2020 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #29
Rookie

Thread got polluted by the usual 2Kers

Yall must work for 2K the way youll defend the game. There are glaring weaknesses in the mechanics of the game but with the constant fanboyism displayed there is zero chance its ever taken seriously. Just a bunch of athletic rejects ball hogging, spending all their money on “virtual currency” and playing the fortnite version of basketball, green splashing and all.

Disgusting and pathetic.
Old 03-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #30
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillBill
Thread got polluted by the usual 2Kers

Yall must work for 2K the way youll defend the game. There are glaring weaknesses in the mechanics of the game but with the constant fanboyism displayed there is zero chance its ever taken seriously. Just a bunch of athletic rejects ball hogging, spending all their money on “virtual currency” and playing the fortnite version of basketball, green splashing and all.

Disgusting and pathetic.
Naw...some of you all take this game way too serious and expect a videogame to replicate every single aspect of basketball down to the smallest atom. It's not that deep. Some of you overreact to one "unsim" incident and think the game is "broken" and "arcade in nature". It's a videogame. It's about as close to basketball as technically possible. I understand genuine programming bugs like those found in MyLeague, however I'm not going to trip over bad passes which are preventable.

YES, I will acknowledge that passing lane steals can be OP, BUT that's only if they're being executed by an "elite" team. Certain guns can be OP in COD in the hands of a Pro Gamer. To the everyday average gamer...it's just a gun. From what I'm seeing of passing lane steals...most of it is just user error caused by panic or lack of self-awareness of the defense. How people play "with their heads down" from a 3rd person perspective is beyond me, but NBA 2K20 is a solid game when you're not nit-picking it to death.
Old 03-09-2020, 05:10 PM   #31
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Naw...some of you all take this game way too serious and expect a videogame to replicate every single aspect of basketball down to the smallest atom. It's not that deep. Some of you overreact to one "unsim" incident and think the game is "broken" and "arcade in nature". It's a videogame. It's about as close to basketball as technically possible. I understand genuine programming bugs like those found in MyLeague, however I'm not going to trip over bad passes which are preventable.

YES, I will acknowledge that passing lane steals can be OP, BUT that's only if they're being executed by an "elite" team. Certain guns can be OP in COD in the hands of a Pro Gamer. To the everyday average gamer...it's just a gun. From what I'm seeing of passing lane steals...most of it is just user error caused by panic or lack of self-awareness of the defense. How people play "with their heads down" from a 3rd person perspective is beyond me, but NBA 2K20 is a solid game when you're not nit-picking it to death.

In NBA2K20 do tipped passes and blocks still go back to the offense or out of bounds all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2020, 05:50 PM   #32
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
In NBA2K20 do tipped passes and blocks still go back to the offense or out of bounds all the time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
All the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »