Home

Gheorghe Muresan, and other Bigs

This is a discussion on Gheorghe Muresan, and other Bigs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2020, 04:54 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Gheorghe Muresan, and other Bigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
It is somewhat of a legacy issue for sure.Remember that animation where people take off about 12 feet into the air to break up the alley oop?
Legacy issue indeed. This was from 2K17 Screenshot-Original.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(7) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #18
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
It is somewhat of a legacy issue for sure.Remember that animation where people take off about 12 feet into the air to break up the alley oop?
Eric Bledsoe has a good vertical for his size. But i remember playing a game against Milwaukee throwing an oop to Kristaps Porzingis where Bledsoe grabbed the ball at the apex.

To me, the "lob" passes are way too straight line in some instances. Especially if you're throwing one to someone 7'3 they should have supreme arc on them so the D CAN'T get a hand on it. But then you have to factor in who's grabbing and straight palming the ball in the air. A 6'1 player should not be able to contest a lob to a 7'3. Period. There also needs to be more defensive fouls for impeding the lob catcher progress. If someone just stands anywhere near the receiver they'll just throw their hands up and the ball goes out of bounds. I also wish there were "contact" alley oop finishes. There's no such thing as a DeAndre Jordan/ Brandon Knight animation in this game.

I think all physical attributes need to matter more tho. Speed is probably the biggest issue. I have a 76 off ball speed with my 6'9 paint beast but 7'3 bigs will be right behind me in transition. A 75-35 speed differential needs to be a HUGE gap, not minor. A large vertical gap needs to be evident. Strength/Weight needs to mean more. And if someone is tall and lanky vs someone short and thick, these situations need to matter. LeBron is a line backer playing basketball.. But he's really only effective because he's tall/fast.

This should matter off ball as well. Too many times when cutting around to get open in career little guards put a hand on my PF and can hold me from getting around screens.

Basically, physical attributes need to matter more.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Eric Bledsoe has a good vertical for his size. But i remember playing a game against Milwaukee throwing an oop to Kristaps Porzingis where Bledsoe grabbed the ball at the apex.

To me, the "lob" passes are way too straight line in some instances. Especially if you're throwing one to someone 7'3 they should have supreme arc on them so the D CAN'T get a hand on it. But then you have to factor in who's grabbing and straight palming the ball in the air. A 6'1 player should not be able to contest a lob to a 7'3. Period. There also needs to be more defensive fouls for impeding the lob catcher progress. If someone just stands anywhere near the receiver they'll just throw their hands up and the ball goes out of bounds. I also wish there were "contact" alley oop finishes. There's no such thing as a DeAndre Jordan/ Brandon Knight animation in this game.

I think all physical attributes need to matter more tho. Speed is probably the biggest issue. I have a 76 off ball speed with my 6'9 paint beast but 7'3 bigs will be right behind me in transition. A 75-35 speed differential needs to be a HUGE gap, not minor. A large vertical gap needs to be evident. Strength/Weight needs to mean more. And if someone is tall and lanky vs someone short and thick, these situations need to matter. LeBron is a line backer playing basketball.. But he's really only effective because he's tall/fast.

This should matter off ball as well. Too many times when cutting around to get open in career little guards put a hand on my PF and can hold me from getting around screens.

Basically, physical attributes need to matter more.
The issue with physicals can be frustrating as it takes away one of the tools that smaller players have in their toolbox to outplay larger players.

The speed issue has been around forever.It actually can be fixed in offline play with a fairly simple slider edit(it literally takes maybe a minute max); unfortunately for online players they are stuck with things as they are.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 04-05-2020 at 03:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »