Home

Will you buy NBA 2K21?

This is a discussion on Will you buy NBA 2K21? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #81
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will you buy NBA 2K21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
LMAO yeah that whole rationale felt like a dream...still does. At best that's an issue you address in those specific modes...at worst its saying stay away from LYING teammates. The whole thing could have been handled on the player end. That a critical part of "guesswork gameplay" got punished as a whole for a tiny percentage of players flat-out boggles the mind.
The fact that a developer cares about wasting time to address something as petty as "green releases" implies where their current values lay & shows you how far gone we are from the likes of a balanced sim like "2K11".

As for me, I'm passing on 2K for the 1st time ever this year. The game has improved in some aspects, but I've just grown tired of wasting time attempting to get the game to replicate the basketball I've played in past iterations.

Not to sound like a victim of any sort, but I'd rather do more playing than fixing/tuning, etc. At this point.

Last edited by SlimFast_GymRat; 06-05-2020 at 11:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2020, 10:04 PM   #82
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Absolutely. 20 was complete garbage. 2K and maybe COD are the only games I play consistently year round but I haven’t touched this game in months. I bought a ton of games this year and none have scratched that itch that 2K brings me so yeah I’m definitely buying 21.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:21 PM   #83
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Me and '20 have a love/hate relationship, but ill definitely be buying '21.. I love basketball.

Most of yall are buying too. Stop fronting. Coming in here talking about "I didn't buy it but my girlfriends cousins uncle surprised me with it"

J/k.....kind of.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:27 AM   #84
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Me and '20 have a love/hate relationship, but ill definitely be buying '21.. I love basketball.

Most of yall are buying too. Stop fronting. Coming in here talking about "I didn't buy it but my girlfriends cousins uncle surprised me with it"

J/k.....kind of.
I'll buy but make sure i pay as less as possible from key stores on pc version.

Game could easily be worth beyond full price, but I really don't want to support beyond disgusting monetization practice in 2k right now.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:23 AM   #85
MVP

OVR: 3

Prolly will buy 21...during Xmas.

Going PC is the way for me, and because I am a big art guy, I can change pretty much everything I would wait on each year on console. I got my jerseys, dornas, courts... whew!

Last edited by JAY_D1; 06-08-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #86
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I'll for sure be getting it for PS4/5 to play online with my friends and I might end up getting it for PC as well to play MyLeague with all the mods available there.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 06-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 1

My decision to buy 2K21 is purely superficial. If the player models don't look like actual basketball players, I will not buy it. I haven't played 2K since 2K17 really. Played 2K18 very sparingly. Didn't buy 2K19 or 2K20. I can't do the cartoonish, short stubby legs, floating uniforms look anymore. There is no excuse for it. Add to the fact that I'm primarily an offline gamer (hate MyPlayer lol), which is not their focused audience (and that's okay), there just isn't a reason for me to buy the game if I can't at least be drawn in by how realistic it looks.
Old 06-13-2020, 09:23 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 19

yes, most years its a first day purchase for me, even though Ive been somewhat disappointed with the last 3 versions, for different reasons. I was also slow to warm up to 2k17. 2k17 is the version Ive been playing the most lately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »