Home

NBA 2K21 Modded Controller Debacle - Not Some New Phenomenon

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Modded Controller Debacle - Not Some New Phenomenon within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2020, 03:11 PM   #25
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K21 Modded Controller Debacle - Not Some New Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Cronus Zen
Looks at price. Nah I'm good. Gonna need that money for the next graphic card, ultrawide monitor, PS5 and Xbox digital version.

Seriously though I thought about getting one out of spite lol Knowing 2k though they may patent a controller for you to buy to stay competitive.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2020, 03:50 PM   #26
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Looks at price. Nah I'm good. Gonna need that money for the next graphic card, ultrawide monitor, PS5 and Xbox digital version.

Seriously though I thought about getting one out of spite lol Knowing 2k though they may patent a controller for you to buy to stay competitive.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I think 2K Sports will eventually have to address it. With the release of the information (despite being around beforehand), I think more bums will purchase the device. This might be a good time to buy stocks in that company .
Old 09-29-2020, 04:59 PM   #27
Rookie

If you want to cheat on your own time vs the cpu, do your thing. But taking actions like that online is such a weak move. I play many games online and I don't even own 2k21. But I hope there's a way they can ban their entire console or gamertag from ever playing anything online again.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:51 PM   #28
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Hopefully this makes the dev team look at greens=100% makes. Maybe add more variability in the shot window depending on various circumstances like fatigue, stamina, passer rating etc. Besides, this has been a thing in the PC community for a while
Old 09-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #29
Pro

Such a strange concept to me. The whole purpose of competing in video games is to use your own skill, mind and abilities to beat another player. As much as I hate cheesing, at least it’s within the confines of the game. Using this controller interface removes any sense of accomplishment from winning. It’s like handing your controller to your older brother so they can beat your friend for you. That someone would spend hundreds of dollars for that is crazy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-03-2020, 07:26 PM   #30
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Played a guy in Pro am the other day that went 16/16 on threes - literally wouldn't shoot open twos because the timing is different as he had his modded controller set to auto green for threes only.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:26 PM   #31
Rookie

I hope it gets the right exposure for 2k to do something about it, especially we are starting a new gen with ps5 and series s/x.

This is not just for auto green shots, they also use this for defense in play now online such as "set to zone def, fast switching of players while spamming steal button" this makes it that their AI players are harassing you endlessly even a simple pass would get stolen easily. if they foul too much they will just reduce automated steal button like from 0.3 seconds to 0.8 seconds but still AI would continue to harass you and the auto steal pass.

In PNO asia server almost 60%+ of players are using this. You get steph and thompson shooting 90% from the 3s is so unreal even you smother the hell out of them. What they do about latency is I think they write your username and record the input delay they needed to auto green. I noticed this when I fought a cronus user who used to auto green me all the time but the time i used a different psn he keep missing and the only thing he does is shoot 3s from the same spot and before the game ended around 3rd quarter he now can't miss a single shot. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #32
Rookie

I saw in the recent patch notes: "Changes to Shot Aiming system to prevent modded controller abuse"

So is this properly fixed now to prevent people from abusing/cheating while using these modded controllers to shoot for them or is it still an issue?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »