Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Art Feedback Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Art Feedback Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #33
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Art Feedback Thread

Zach Lavine updated
Dwight Howard not updatedScreenshot_20201014-101613.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #34
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLu389
Are we still pretending there isn’t a worldwide pandemic going on? Hard to get scans of all guys to be fully updated.
Don’t need a scan to be updated, most ppl just require hair updates. No excuse Dwight still has that hair style. Hopefully this is not the final version.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:29 AM   #35
MVP

Da InFaMoUs NY's Arena

OVR: 5

hair is not a strong point with 2k, never has.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #36
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLu389
Are we still pretending there isn’t a worldwide pandemic going on? Hard to get scans of all guys to be fully updated.

Exactly some need to relax y’all want real face scans or created because it’s not possible and most likely the rookies will be made from scratch. The hair maybe to a certain degree but that prob Involves remaking the the head model in general from scratch most likely since they can’t scan anyone . So is the hair really more important in giving up an accurate face scan for a made from scratch one that may look even less like the player? I’m not sure but we will see but Razor only does what 2k ask him to do or I’m sure he would do a lot of players himself

Last edited by MoneyOvaHuds; 10-14-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #37
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Exactly some need to relax y’all want real face scans or created because it’s not possible and most likely the rookies will be made from scratch. The hair maybe to a certain degree but that prob Involves remaking the the head model in general from scratch most likely since they can’t scan anyone
About all players were re scanned by 2k before the pandemic. The 2k art team went to every teams facility with a truck/rv that do scans.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:37 AM   #38
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
About all players were re scanned by 2k before the pandemic. The 2k art team went to every teams facility with a truck/rv that do scans.

A lot of players weren’t scanned pre pandemic because when they were doing it during the period the season got cuz short n March therefore they didn’t have access to those players anymore . There’s a reason why some players got new scans and others didn’t. Because if every team did get scanned they wouldn’t be so scattered in variety for every team. Some team got 5 some got 1 -3 or zero . It’s all based on the availability of the player even more so now with the Rona going around no way they could go near anyone between March and October

Last edited by MoneyOvaHuds; 10-14-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:41 AM   #39
MVP

Tynole14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
A lot of players weren’t scanned pre pandemic because when they were doing it during the period the season got cuz short n March therefore they didn’t have access to those players anymore . There’s a reason why some players got new scans and others didn’t
Maybe so but like stated before. Most of these guys don't exactly need a complete new scan. Jamal Murray, Dwight Howard, and Domantas Sabonis are pure examples. All they really need to hair and facial hair updates.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #40
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tynole14
Maybe so but like stated before. Most of these guys don't exactly need a complete new scan. Jamal Murray, Dwight Howard, and Domantas Sabonis are pure examples. All they really need to hair and facial hair updates.

But like I stated you don’t know if that involves remaking the total head model to make the hair work not only that but to work with possible head gear. That’s why I said in some cases a made from scratch head model can end up looking worse just to update the Hair. Lavine went thru it like twice to even make it look somewhat like him

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »