Home

NBA 2K21 Introduces The City For Next-Gen Consoles - This is Literally Park and Neighborhood on Steroids - Affiliations Return

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Introduces The City For Next-Gen Consoles - This is Literally Park and Neighborhood on Steroids - Affiliations Return within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2020, 04:32 AM   #81
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Introduces The City For Next-Gen Consoles - This is Literally Park and N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
OMFG!

I think I'm going to stop coming to the forums for a while. NO MATTER WHAT 2K ANNOUNCES SOMEONE IS ALWAYS COMPLAINING about something. Most of you all (not some) are straight buzz killers. The first 1-2 pages was about MyNBA! Did the OP mentioned MyNBA in the thread title!? Why the f*ck would read the article expecting MyNBA information!?

How about some of you sit out this console generation?
Man, I get some people on here go over the top, but if you can't see "The City" as anything more than a giant platform for them to cram in as many ads/sponsorships as possible at the expense of quality of life/gameplay accessibility issues, then it's almost as bad.

Literally what they have done is said "how can we make The Neighbourhood contain even more advertisements?", and then added multiplayer gameplay in around that instead of the other way around.

Their whole goal each year is to force people to spend more time running around past ads when we just want to play actual basketball with our created players rather than standing/running around for 30 minutes to get a game.

There should be a matchmaking system just like NBA Live's last couple of games have had where you select a game mode from the menu, queue up and are balling with other players within a matter of a couple of minutes - but because that would kill 2K's ability to force us to look at ads, it's something they never even bother to discuss.

You guys need to try and not patronise us because it doesn't affect your own gameplay experience...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 05:33 AM   #82
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K21 Introduces The City For Next-Gen Consoles - This is Literally Park and N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
This isn’t really the point of what I was getting at with my post. It’s not a matter of skipping over part of the game I don’t want to play. This game has made less, and less, and less, progress on NBA related modes, NBA related content seemingly each passing year. Meanwhile the modes tied into this seemingly double each year in the amount of new content and features.. 2K used to take massive leaps forward with in depth league related stuff, and presentation, animations, just the general basketball “realism”.. And now it’s essentially the same thing every year, with slight changes, and when they do get something right the “park” side of the gamers complain because they can’t spam their way to dunks every play and splash every 3 they shoot and 2k goes in and patches the game all to hell in the first month of release.

Personally I feel like 2k has went from being the best sporting game you could ask for, to a game where you just hope EA can work their way back into the mix even if it’s just to force 2K to make some improvement because they might have competition. Or perhaps just put out a better sim NBA title. And it’s no secret where all the development hours seem to go, and who they cater towards now.

EA was able to sell Live and Street side by side for years. And if they had this game branched off from the actual game perhaps there wouldn’t be a need to charge for the micro transactions anymore, or charge just substantially less. They could even go the route of war zone and make it a free DLC type of add-on, I just feel like however they do it it needs to be separated internally so that this mode doesn’t continue to take so much away from improving the NBA part of NBA2K. Because for a few years now this mode in 2K has seen vastly more improvements and changes, and the NBA related part of the game seems to be sitting on a back burner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely BANG on the money.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:15 AM   #83
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

The entire concept covers as a way to sell more digital ad space to vendors. Its cute but I'm sure a large portion of the playerbase would rather matchmake into games after partying with friends in a lobby.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:32 AM   #84
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

The crazy thing neither one of y’all have the game and basing this on assumptions when’s there more news coming out today and tomorrow. How about y’all actually get the system and game first before talking about what advances 2k has and hasn’t done yet on a brand new system. Just a thought
Old 11-05-2020, 06:52 AM   #85
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I never understood the whole, “advertisements are bad” crowd.

Honestly, why does it bother you folks SO much? This isn’t sarcasm or anything, I genuinely want to know.

I see an ad, I keep it moving. Sometimes said ad actually gets me interested in the product.

I’m a franchise mode guy myself, through and through, but this mode actually looks fun.

When the MyLeauge/MyNBA news drops, I REALLY hope the MyPlayer crowed hijacks the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2020, 07:09 AM   #86
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
OMFG!

I think I'm going to stop coming to the forums for a while. NO MATTER WHAT 2K ANNOUNCES SOMEONE IS ALWAYS COMPLAINING about something. Most of you all (not some) are straight buzz killers. The first 1-2 pages was about MyNBA! Did the OP mentioned MyNBA in the thread title!? Why the f*ck would read the article expecting MyNBA information!?

How about some of you sit out this console generation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHL1HUWB...d=sl4cws30gngu

Some might care and some might not but the 4 Mayors starting off have been announced

Troydan - West
Shakedown -South
Tyceno-East
GRINDING DF-North

Cool concept

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ksutton,

My thoughts exactly!

SWAC:

Shake is my dude, so I'm glad he's getting that Shine. Curious to see what he comes up with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 07:11 AM   #87
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
I'm starting to wish 2k would just make this entire mode a stand alone game. You can't convince me it wouldn't sell. But I feel like the attention and focus on this aspect of 2K games is really killing what led them to dominate the basketball gaming market to begin with.
MyPlayer pays for everything else. Czar has told us that many many times before.

I'm a Myleague player but in order for me to enjoy Myleague, you have to respect who's paying the bills.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2020, 08:17 AM   #88
MVP

OVR: 33

I buy 2K (since 2K2) mostly for the NBA portion of the game, mostly for Myleague ... yet ... within the last few years the online Mycareer portion has been growing on me, as it lets me play with my friends and brothers from another fun perspective (mostly Rec). So I am now spoiled, I would definitively not buy 2 incomplete games if they decided to split this game into 2 (unless the sum of their cost was the same as now and even then would probably not do it just due to the unnecesary complicacies introduced). For me to buy either, they would have to compensate by putting SO much worthy contain, that I honestly doubt they would catch up in this entire console generation (5 years or so).

I also can see that if they had to split it, the NBA portion would lack the resources ($ & manpower) to make significant advancements and would just get accentuated when sales do not reach the expected levels ... these are the times we now live, IMHO as much as the NBA is a global industry and has millions of fans, the ones who buy this game are not mostly interested on the NBA portion of it, ironic that the "parasyte" has grown to be bigger than its host, but true.

I just hope that while they keep growing and refining the "city", they also keep integrating basketball related simulation stuff (albeit it has been not as much and fast as I would like), keep enhancing, as much as they can the NBA related stuff as well as exponentially expanding the customization, editability, creation, options and features given to us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »