Home

NBA 2K21 MyNBA Online Bugs Report - A Big Ol' Pile of Problems

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 MyNBA Online Bugs Report - A Big Ol' Pile of Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2020, 08:56 PM   #9
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K21 MyNBA Online Bugs Report - A Big Ol' Pile of Problems

I hope you guys expand upon this quote from the article the with the next 1 you write up.

"The option to turn off progressive fatigue is available offline, which seems to lead to normal progression/regression (maybe too much progression then even).*"

The issue this single thing causes is the most game breaking as you can't go more than 1 year deep into mynba in it's current state
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think in the report we say progression is probably goofed in the opposite direction offline.
https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-09-2020, 09:00 PM   #10
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

I will swear until the cows come home the issue is not the actual progression/regression coded into the game but the potential ratings of the players.

Look at them take note how many A+,A, A-, B+, B, B- potentials there are.

I can tell you, the first player with a C+ potential is a 67 ovr vic law.

Now compare it to the 2k draft classes potential, they are much more balanced.

Just for fun, go peep the potential of all the Gleague players. Spoiler, they are all 99. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Glad I checked the forums before starting my league.

How are some of these things not found by the devs prior to release.

The price of games should decrease if we are paying to be beta testers for them.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 12-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #11
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I hope you guys expand upon this quote from the article the with the next 1 you write up.

"The option to turn off progressive fatigue is available offline, which seems to lead to normal progression/regression (maybe too much progression then even).*"

The issue this single thing causes is the most game breaking as you can't go more than 1 year deep into mynba in it's current state

We may or may not do one for offline MyNBA if only because it's pretty well mentioned by the community at large right now that the new stuff is like all broken on next gen in some capacity -- and we know there is some sort of patch on the way for some of this stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2020, 08:47 AM   #12
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Great write up Swim. I was happy to collaboarate with you over the past couple of weeks in testing this mode in our discord chat. When the game first dropped, I created this thread below expressing adulation and joy over the mode with how ambitious and forward looking 2k was in incorporating all of the myleague and myGM modes into one unified mode with everything offline being made available online.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-rejoice.html

To my dismay, and confirmed in the article above, the features touted in the mode, specifically related to the progressive fatigue, wear and tear, injuries, player training and development, progression and regression are simply not working as advertised upon further testing.

Keep in mind that the gameplay itself is still fantastic when playing head to head with fellow sim heads on hof sim sliders and 12 minute quarters. These bugs are not gameplay related nor gameplay gripes as the game itself if fantastic. We are simply asking for 2k devs to deliver the mode as advertised, with all features that are in the mode not being cosmetic and actually having material impact, with a predictable algorithm that human users within a MyNBA Online League having confidence that their decisions related to roster management and construction actually matters if they are going to incorporate these MyGM RPG role playing elements such as morale, chemistry, injuries, training, development, mentors, wear and tear and progressive fatigue. So far these features have proven to be cosmetic with no notable impact on the gameplay. I have no idea if these features even work in offline MyNBA mode as I am strictly an online league hooper.

This mode has an immense amount of potential if only the devs will patch and or address these issues documented in the article by Swim and championed by OS. There is also another similar article about the MyNBA bugs posted by Forbes Brian Mazique. In the article Mazique, a reputable journalist acknowledged that these issues have been relayed to the devs and that they are aware. Knowing that, we have hope that this mode will reach its full potential sooner rather than later as it is screaming with immersion the likes of which online leagues have never experienced before.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma...h=72e6d62d4fa2

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 12-10-2020, 08:49 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

These are crucial problems to have in the MyNBA mode, really these should have been addressed prior to launch with some sort of beta testing however, this needs to get fixed ASAP as it’s going to affect leagues in the long term. I would hope that now 2k is aware of these issues they will address them and fix in the upcoming patch.

It is also odd that rookies really have no badges, I know it was an odd rookie draft class to determine what they can get but still most of these rookies have 0 and the game has a lot to do with badges.

Last edited by TNE Experience; 12-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #14
Just started!

This is my 5th iteration of 2k, I came out of my gaming sabbatical when 2k17 dropped. In those years I made my progression from MYCareer to MYTeam to MYLeague and now MYNBA. The game has come so far in this time frame, especially concerning online leagues.

Moving from the keeper format to implementing most items of the CBA has been huge in keeping my interest and cementing my interest in online leagues. It just has the perfect combination of team building and camaraderie that you just don’t find many other places.

While I appreciate the devs hard work and realize the immense scope; at the end of the day we just want it to work. I know I’m not the only one out there that has made a huge investment centered around 1 game.

This is a great write up that hits on quite a few pain points that need to be addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-10-2020, 09:39 AM   #15
Rookie

To add to the above comments, Major gameplay mechanic glitches, such as the broken Offensive Adjustments, take away from the immersion experience of being a GM/Coach. The ability to craft an Offensive scheme around Central pieces was a highly anticipated feature for myself and others. Only to be disappointed with the inability for such settings to stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2020, 09:50 AM   #16
Just started!

JLuppy's Arena

There always seems to be something with 2k. Granted, this years MLO is way more suitable with the new features. But, what good is it, if it doesn't work? I know everything will not be perfect and each mode will have it flaws, but there certain faculties that are quite discouraging.

One being the morale boosts/player meetings. In a span of 8 games, I've had guys go up and down for odd reasons. It doesn't seem to make sense how players become agitated when they are playing 20+ minutes per game and actually producing.

Secondly, although the rookie class was uploaded fast, it's obvious it was premature as all rookies have no badges. It seems to be done intentionally as the rookies were rushed. This also doesn't make much sense as 2k had plenty of time to develop these rookies. With everything delayed due to COVID, it didn't make sense that the rookies were inputted into the game with no badges.

This entire thread does an adequate job of addressing the issues we are all experiencing. I know the devs have been grinding to help the MLO community and all we can hope for, is a better future.

Appreciate the hard work of everybody and let's hope these issues get fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »