Home

NBA 2K22 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K22 Impressions Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K22 Impressions Thread

I'm new here on OS. Hello to all. I will keep this short and simple. Yesterday, I purchased the current gen game for Xbox One S (I don't have a next-gen system) and I can honestly say I really like the game so far. I will post more impressions as I go along.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 08:47 PM   #802
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortiis
how about in game injuries guys? are they finally happening???

From a guy I follow on Twitter

https://twitter.com/yaboywiz_/status...254605315?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2021, 09:23 PM   #803
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I love seeing that.

Nothing personal, Harrison Barnes.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:44 PM   #804
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Clutch_Knicks12
I agree, you can’t. I’ve been basing it off of videos AND the impressions here in this thread. I’ve seen a handful of impressions here and otherwise from people disappointed with the game for some of the reasons I’ve mentioned.

From what I’ve seen/heard it appears to be more or less the same game as last year with minimal changes/improvements and with that being the case, for the first time ever, I likely won’t be getting the game. I think it’s obviously a huge reason why 2k hardly put any info/videos out for 2k22 before it dropped — because it looks virtually identical and from watching the gameplay videos you can’t tel the difference between 2k21/2k22.

Not saying it doesn’t feel different at all, but I haven’t seen nor heard enough to justify paying 70$ for this one.
The defense improvement alone makes it vastly different from 2k21. If you are saying you won't touch any NBA 2k game this year then I can agree with you, but if you are just gonna go back to playing 2k21 then you are torturing yourself. That game is atrocious.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:10 PM   #805
Pro

KingOfLanglade's Arena

Quote:
I agree, you can’t. I’ve been basing it off of videos AND the impressions here in this thread. I’ve seen a handful of impressions here and otherwise from people disappointed with the game for some of the reasons I’ve mentioned.

From what I’ve seen/heard it appears to be more or less the same game as last year with minimal changes/improvements and with that being the case, for the first time ever, I likely won’t be getting the game. I think it’s obviously a huge reason why 2k hardly put any info/videos out for 2k22 before it dropped — because it looks virtually identical and from watching the gameplay videos you can’t tel the difference between 2k21/2k22.

Not saying it doesn’t feel different at all, but I haven’t seen nor heard enough to justify paying 70$ for this one.

Okay, you aren’t buying and you don’t like what you see. Time to close app and move on.
"You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 10:30 PM   #806
Pro

Quote:
I don’t think I’ll be getting the game any time soon, if at all. Virtually nothing has changed from last years game.
This isn't true. 2k21 was unplayable, whereas 2k22 is probably their best release yet. It looks like nothing has changed, because their focus was placed on substance over flash this year. So you won't see a lot of new animations, you won't see any significant graphical leaps either, or anything along those lines.

However, the game has changed drastically in how it plays and feels.

Defensive AI is vastly improved. Help defense makes sense this year, rotations/switches happen realistically and seamlessly. On-ball defense is more responsive, allowing you to cut off driving angles and stop slashers if your stick skills are there to do it. Contested shots are more realistic, but open shots are more realistic as well. All of these changes lead to your gameplan/strategy being more meaningful than ever. Overall, making for one of, if not the most realistic experiences we've had to date.

They didn't give us a shiny new car this year. But, they sure as hell improved what's under the hood on the car we have. Some may like that approach, some may not. Either way, we cannot say they didn't change anything.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:30 PM   #807
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Not sure who you've been watching/listening to but 2K22 is so vastly different from 2K21 gameplay-wise that comparing the two is honestly laughable. 2K22, purely from an offline gameplay focus, is by far and away the greatest year-over-year improvement the 2K series has ever seen.

Take it from a guy who has been less-than-polite about the game for the past 3+ years.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:55 PM   #808
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Not sure who you've been watching/listening to but 2K22 is so vastly different from 2K21 gameplay-wise that comparing the two is honestly laughable. 2K22, purely from an offline gameplay focus, is by far and away the greatest year-over-year improvement the 2K series has ever seen.

Take it from a guy who has been less-than-polite about the game for the past 3+ years.
Can’t wait to see what sliders you come up with this year! Even though not much changes may be needed.

Go MIAMI Teams!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »