Home

Unrealistic Shot Contests

This is a discussion on Unrealistic Shot Contests within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2021, 09:05 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Unrealistic Shot Contests

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
This isn’t even what was said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The implication is clear when a user makes multiple threads about the same aspect of the game, an aspect that’s the most improved part of the game, these threads are what initiate 2K to patch stuff and totally mess things up

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2021, 09:37 PM   #34
Rookie

There will always be things to improve on the game. It's the dev's job to find the right balance.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:02 PM   #35
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Made a simple speed edit. This is what AI Jaylen Brown should do to AI Taj Gibson when a switch occurs on a screen lol.

via GIPHY

If I didn't know that was 2k you could probably fool me into believing that was video taken from an old crappy phone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2021, 10:12 PM   #36
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

I said this before in another thread. The defense was nerfed big time this year on ball, off ball, pnr’s, blocks, and on shot contests. Someone touched on breaking the laws of physics. That’s the issue.

I think it was a band aid everywhere to avoid last years problems and it became way overcompensated for. I’m fine with it because we have sliders to fix it offline. The problem is the online folks can’t unless a commish adjusts sliders. So the online guys are stuck with it. My issue is with the hard coded things you can’t change. Things like cpu players going behind the back out of triple threat. Never seen that in a real basketball game but I see it 30x a game in 2k and it’s hard coded. The pnr defense on screens is unrealistic. Now I get the why. And I’ll fix what I can in edits and sliders for my personal experience so don’t take that as whining. I, like ARob are looking for realistic gameplay that’s it.

I think the problem besides what I said earlier with band aids and last years fiasco and overcompensating is they need to get the off ball stuff dialed in. Movement, rotations, scrambling to closeout, etc. if that all works properly they can afford to play PNR’s and on ball realistically. They are so scared that if you beat the AI off the dribble you will see the games warts like last year. Add to the fact the ball moves at super fast speed so if you beat the ball handler and drive and kick the defense can’t rotate realistically to keep up. I could be wrong here but I wonder if it had anything to do with double teams Not being in at launch purposely?

Solve that and we solve everything else. I think then they don’t have to have the sticky defense or breaking laws of physics and sticky contesting.

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-11-2021 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:21 PM   #37
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
The implication is clear when a user makes multiple threads about the same aspect of the game, an aspect that’s the most improved part of the game, these threads are what initiate 2K to patch stuff and totally mess things up

You’re not at all getting it. The game isn’t too hard. Hell, I just beat the AI by 20 on superstar with no edits

The problem is, the unrealistic, physics breaking abilities the AI has when it comes to closeouts and staying in front of their man.

The amount of sliding, gliding and warp speed jumping/movements by the AI is out of control.

We’re all for realism, but the way it’s happening is not very realistic all all.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:02 PM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob

Two of 2k21’s biggest problems were defensive rotations and help defense. Czar has done a great job with defensive rotations, and help defense this year and you can’t just parade to the rim. I thought that the shot contest system from last year was solid.

This year the shot contest system is not solid, and it is unrealistic. Defense was not good last year, and they turned up every aspect of defense for 2k22. So I understand why we are having these types of contests. The rotations and help defense are excellent, but they made the CPU on ball defense and shot contest to much.

I don’t mind Johnathon Issac or Scottie Pippen getting around screens, and instant contestsing to show the difference between a good and bad defender. However, the instant contests from 6 or 7 feet away from every defender is to much. We should be able to tell the difference between good and bad defenders just like last year.

2k needs to tweak this to open up jumpers. The CPU is already going under most screens, and playing sticky on ball defense. There is no reason to make a high percentage of shots contested off of the pick and roll when the defender is going under.

Part of the reason for this is that the CPU just plays every offensive player tight regardless of rating. They give up nothing. I mean it’s ridiculous. They’re picking up Ben Simmons as soon as he steps over half court.

Old 09-11-2021, 11:09 PM   #39
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
If I didn't know that was 2k you could probably fool me into believing that was video taken from an old crappy phone.
Right!!! Taken from the stands with an old Nextel!
Old 09-11-2021, 11:20 PM   #40
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I think it was a band aid everywhere to avoid last years problems and it became way overcompensated for. I’m fine with it because we have sliders to fix it offline. The problem is the online folks can’t unless a commish adjusts sliders. So the online guys are stuck with it. My issue is with the hard coded things you can’t change....
I don't know, not seeing a lot of complaints form the online crowd, lol

Most of us are rejoicing about some competent defense.

This is moreso CPU driven, we can't break the laws like they can.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »