Home

TOMBA 2K9 FINAL

This is a discussion on TOMBA 2K9 FINAL within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM   #33
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: TOMBA 2K9 FINAL

Anyone else have any impressions on the gameplay? My girl is watching TV and I can't play so anyone that has play with his edits please let me know.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #34
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
Anyone find a way to make tomba's sliders harder?

Lower your shooting sliders, raise the CPU's if necessary, and increase the "contest shots" and "on-ball defense" sliders for the CPU. It works everytime, and doesn't screw up the rest of the gameplay logic.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

I wanna play an association with these rosters, is there a way to have the injured players available. For example, I chose the warriors and Monte Ellis was not on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #36
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm at work so I'd like to hear some gameplay impressions of this new set as well. How do the animations look at Tomba's speed settings? do the iso packages he assigned to players fit their counterparts?
Old 12-14-2008, 09:47 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Lower your shooting sliders, raise the CPU's if necessary, and increase the "contest shots" and "on-ball defense" sliders for the CPU. It works everytime, and doesn't screw up the rest of the gameplay logic.
I'll try this and see if it helps, I was having the same problem. I tested the Celtics and Spurs and was able to torch them with Pierce and House everytime. So yeah I'll make more adjustments, other than that these are great (PS3 user)
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - TWO.3
Old 12-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Copy & paste of the impressions I sent to RAZRr.

Spurs (Me) @ Celtics (Cpu)
Tomba's Ratings/Sliders/Settings (11 min qtr; raised from 8 min cause I was testing them out for Raz, his request)

SAS - 143 BOS - 123
FG: 60/103 55/103
FG%: 58% 53%
3PT: 9/24 10/22
3PT%: 38% 45%
FT: 14/17 3/4
FT%: 82% 75%
AST: 35 38
TO: 6 15
FOULS: 2 10
REB: 38 39
OREB: 6 8
STL: 14 5
BLK: 7 8
PIP: 84 48
BENCH: 67 35
2ND: 12 12
FST BRK: 36 10

Spurs
Tony Parker (P.O.G.) - 27 PTS, 5 REB, 14 AST
Tim Duncan - 19 PTS, 15 REB, 4 AST
Manu Ginobili - 6 PTS, 2 AST

Celtics
Paul Pierce - 34 PTS, 7 AST, 6 REB
Kevin Garnett - 17 PTS, 13 REB, 4 BLK
Ray Allen - 19 PTS, 5 AST

What I noticed off the bat was the slowed down speed, even though it felt weird at first, I got used to it as the game progressed and it meshed. It wouldn't hurt though to bump it up to 38-42 and see how that works. I'd try that in another future game. As you can see by the score, I think the 8 minutes would of put out something more realistic, we didn't even go into over time and got that type of score. Something else is that my bench played the entire 4th quarter, so that's a reason to why the score didn't go up as well as why my FG% is in the low 50's. FG% was just a tad too high from the mid range, if my starters played the 4th qtr we'd both be shooting 58-62% from the field.
Something else that I thought stood out was the lack of fouls. There were absolutely no fouls in the 1st half, we didn't see a foul until the beginning of the 3rd, and I didn't get my first foul until the last 30 seconds of the game. I don't know if it was just the way I was playing (doubt it), shots are more contested and less "fouled" when going to the basket. If you are a small guard like TP going up against KG or Perkins it was more likely to be a missed layup, or blocked shot rather a foul. Trying to draw them with big man vs. big man would just result in a make or a missed layup so I don't know about that one.
Scoring was spot on. Pierce came out in the 1st qtr with 16 points, Garnett came out with 11. After I made the adjustments I slowed down Pierce's scoring. He was doing all types of one one one moves, step-backs, creating his own shot. I didn't see him play like this before so it was good to see. The ball was fed into Garnett more and instead of trying to muscle up a defender to the basketball he'll tend to do his fadeaway more often or take the shot from the elbow. When the ball is loose more than one player swarms to the ball and a player always dives for the loose ball as its going out of bounds. Assist numbers are a little high, that'll probably be corrected with a drop of qtr length.
Steals, my steal number is high because the CPU sometimes made a dumb pass on the perimeter when the person was being denied. Parker, Bowen & Finley were having a field day picking off passes. A plus is the fact when feeding it in the post, another defender would slide and help out and swat the ball away sometimes. This happened multiple times as teams tried to prevent TD and KG from getting the ball.
I recommend you try these out. These sliders got the game "almost there". With a few tweaks these might be something big. I'm anxious to try out other teams and their unique styles like the Knicks or my Mavs. Had to use a lot of half-court sets for the Spurs except when Tony Parker ran the break, and the Celtics ran millions of screens for Pierce and Ray to get open. Hope these impressions are deep enough to give you a feel of the sliders.
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - TWO.3
Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm
Roster Conversion Needed For PS3.
I think we have to use all our patience...and hope in RAZR!
Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSS
I wanna play an association with these rosters, is there a way to have the injured players available. For example, I chose the warriors and Monte Ellis was not on the team.
bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »