Home

OS Real Sim Roster Vol. 1 (PS3) ...

This is a discussion on OS Real Sim Roster Vol. 1 (PS3) ... within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Madden 25 Vs. College Football 25: A New Battleground
NBA 2K25 Gameplay Improvements, Trailer, News Release Schedule
EA Sports College Football 25 Review

Old 12-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #281
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OS Real Sim Roster Vol. 1 (PS3) ...

Also Stuckey at a 72 seems a bit low to me well as Lee being a 77.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 08:10 AM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my association Durant avarages close to 30 points a game so his low OVERALL rating doesn't really matter because he produces the same as in real life. You shouldn't change a player's rating because his overall is too low. Try to sim a full season a few times and then look at the stats. Then you can see who is underrated or overrated. At least that is my opinion.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:10 AM   #283
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWalrus
Top 30 Players in the League (on this Roster):

1.Kobe – 96
2.LBJ – 96
3.CP3 – 94
4.Wade – 94
5.Dwight – 90
6.KG – 90
7.Deron Williams – 89
8.Melo – 89
9.Duncan – 89
10. Roy – 86
11.Pau Gasol – 85
12.Caron Butler – 84
13. Tony Parker – 84
14. Granger – 84
15. Billups – 84
16.Dirk – 84
17. Pierce – 84
18. Iggy – 83
19. AI – 83
20. Joe Johnson – 83
21. Chris Bosh – 83
22. Nash – 83
23. Rondo – 82
24. Boozer – 82
25. Devin Harris – 82
26.Yao – 82
27. Ginobili – 82
28.Amare – 82
29. Al Jefferson - 82
30. Gilbert Arenas - 81
31. Kevin Durant – 81
32. Vince Carter – 81
33. Stephen Jackson – 81

I definitely think some tweeks should be made on this roster as far as player ratings are concerned. Durant is currently ranked 30th in the NBA, Bosh is 20th and David Lee isn’t even in the top 30. This roster is amazing, but I definitely feel as though some stars were under rated in it. I mean do you think Caron Butler (84) Tony Parker (84) are better than Amare, Bosh, Nash and Durant?
Hi!, Walrus ... how many bigs have an overall rating you think it stands right when compared to smaller guys ? ... How many are in the 90´s & how many in the 80´s ? ... do you see a trend ? ...

You should, as it is an intended one by 2k ... as they have stated before, they have taked into account the height of the players meaning that a 7.0 ft C with a 90 in close has an enourmous advantage over a 6.2 ft PG with the same rating ... therefor the formula that calculates the overall rating has a poderation integrated within itself ... the overall rating is not the correct form to value a player, it never has been really ... the overall value is not the player efficiency value or the per or even the real market value ...

With those ratings (Nogster), all the players for the most part, play like their real life counterparts and post simmed stats like they are supposed to ... and to be honest, that is the whole point of the ratings and that is fine with those who like the game to be as close to reallity as possible ...

In the file I will release - will try hard to do it sometime today, but not a certainty as I have to work today too - there would be minor tweaks to update players performances and to be in tone/tuned with reallity ... but overalls are not the main focus of those edits ... In an intend to create a better trade value (not overall) I will adjust the potential rating so Josh Smith & Aldridge or S. Oneal & Brook Lopez whose ratings are similar dont get the same value for AI trading purposes ...

P.D.
The initial Q´s were to draw your attention ...

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-31-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #284
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantibram
In my association Durant avarages close to 30 points a game so his low OVERALL rating doesn't really matter because he produces the same as in real life. You shouldn't change a player's rating because his overall is too low. Try to sim a full season a few times and then look at the stats. Then you can see who is underrated or overrated. At least that is my opinion.
Bingo !, that is what nogster and any respectable roster editor will do ... sim various seasons & watch cpu vs cpu play, after some made edits.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:04 PM   #285
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

People need to throw the OVR rating out the window and just concentrate on how the game plays and what the sim stats look like. If those two things are spot on, then there is nothing to complain about.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #286
Rookie

For your upcoming roster, you might wanna take a look at these few things (all concerning the Raptors)

Belineli should not be starting. DeRozan starts at the 2

Since this roster doesn't care about injuries, place Reggie Evans into the starting rotation.

Ideally it should look something like this:
6th man: Jack
7: Sonny Weems
8: Amir Johnson
9: Belineli
10: Evans
11: Wright
12: Banks

Also, while browsing through the Rockets, I noticed that T-Mac is placed at the 7th spot in the rotation.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:15 PM   #287
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
For your upcoming roster, you might wanna take a look at these few things (all concerning the Raptors)

Belineli should not be starting. DeRozan starts at the 2

Since this roster doesn't care about injuries, place Reggie Evans into the starting rotation.

Ideally it should look something like this:
6th man: Jack
7: Sonny Weems
8: Amir Johnson
9: Belineli
10: Evans
11: Wright
12: Banks

Also, while browsing through the Rockets, I noticed that T-Mac is placed at the 7th spot in the rotation.
I will try to keep it in mind ... on the other hand, OS Real Sim Roster Vol. 5 its definitively not going to be uploaded today (sorry) ... as I am still tinkering the simmed stats onpointness and the potential rating scale, the roster seems to be more in pace for tomorow ... Also, I wont be working on it tonight, since I have an old friend to say good by to (2009) and a new one to welcome ...
Old 01-01-2010, 12:15 AM   #288
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Hi!, Walrus ... how many bigs have an overall rating you think it stands right when compared to smaller guys ? ... How many are in the 90´s & how many in the 80´s ? ... do you see a trend ? ...

You should, as it is an intended one by 2k ... as they have stated before, they have taked into account the height of the players meaning that a 7.0 ft C with a 90 in close has an enourmous advantage over a 6.2 ft PG with the same rating ... therefor the formula that calculates the overall rating has a poderation integrated within itself ... the overall rating is not the correct form to value a player, it never has been really ... the overall value is not the player efficiency value or the per or even the real market value ...

With those ratings (Nogster), all the players for the most part, play like their real life counterparts and post simmed stats like they are supposed to ... and to be honest, that is the whole point of the ratings and that is fine with those who like the game to be as close to reallity as possible ...

In the file I will release - will try hard to do it sometime today, but not a certainty as I have to work today too - there would be minor tweaks to update players performances and to be in tone/tuned with reallity ... but overalls are not the main focus of those edits ... In an intend to create a better trade value (not overall) I will adjust the potential rating so Josh Smith & Aldridge or S. Oneal & Brook Lopez whose ratings are similar dont get the same value for AI trading purposes ...

P.D.
The initial Q´s were to draw your attention ...

I got you there, but as you said the AI doesn't take all that into account when doing trades and bigs get signed in the offseason for dirt cheap when some like Bosh should be max contract in real life. I guess you have to pick your poison. Thanks for the explanation I am going to do some of my edits off of Nog's then for a personal roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »