Home

THE DYNASTY ROSTER V.2

This is a discussion on THE DYNASTY ROSTER V.2 within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: THE DYNASTY ROSTER V.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantgetright69
One problem i've run into and one i'm sure you guys are aware of is that its just very hard if not impossible to get shot attempts to be realistic while also maintaining the ppg.

Heres a post I made in another thread:
"Okay i was able to get field goal attempts for the 82 game season with lead leader at 7132 and league low at 6129.

However field goal percentage the league leader was at .472 with league low at .405

So the team field goal percentages are clearly too low right now About 4.5% too low Also the 3 point percentage is about 5 percent too low. About 10 percent too many free throws though.Blocks are about 10 percent too low.
Steals about 10 percent too low.

So anyone know how to fix these? Do I have to adjust the player ratings? or sliders?"

Basically i'm thinking now that i got the shot attempts fixed that what I need to do now is go into every teams roster and jack up the shot ratings yet im still not sure what to do about the too many free throws
If that issue is when simulating, then no sliders will help you out ... ratings will be your way to go to get on point simulated stats ... then again, you should play/watch a few games to see how are the stats coming up with the current roster, as you could be messing the gameplay experience ... its all about balance and if I know Nogster (the prime source of ratings of this project, thus not solely) right, he has achieve that balance.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Nice work on the roster boys. Do you have an ETA on the association file at all? Loving your work, so really wanna get stuck into my association as soon as possible.....

Also, the Clippers roster has a few jersey number issues:

Smith is No. 5 - should be No. 1
Foye is No. 15 - should be No. 4
Gomes is No. 8 - should be No. 15

I think these were wrong on the original rosters, so a 2k error. Not a big issue at all and can be changed easily enough. Just a heads up for your master file.

Once again, thanks for all the effort. We really appreciate you guys putting in the time to make our gaming experience better. I almost feel bad for just sitting around and waiting for you to finish your work! Let alone asking when you're gonna be done!

Thanks to you all.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
If that issue is when simulating, then no sliders will help you out ... ratings will be your way to go to get on point simulated stats ... then again, you should play/watch a few games to see how are the stats coming up with the current roster, as you could be messing the gameplay experience ... its all about balance and if I know Nogster (the prime source of ratings of this project, thus not solely) right, he has achieve that balance.
Yeah i think we just gotta deal with too many shot attempts.

Also one quick but important question to anyone with an opinion or knowledge of this. When you click auto generate players for the draft does the players it generate change according to the players already in the league? Meaning the auto-generated players for the default roster differ than the auto-generated players for the nogster roster file?

Or no matter what roster you use the auto generated players are all the same regardless of roster file.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
Rookie

DatSamuraiRose's Arena

OVR: 2

what difficultly should i use
Old 11-30-2010, 06:09 PM   #21
Pro

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Are you going to open another thread for the association file?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 06:26 PM   #22
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrajanLK121
Played a game in association with the sliders and it was a very solid and tough game. Felt pretty realistic.
there he is! i knew you were still around in hiding after last year's spreadsheet madness lol.

but seriously, getting the sim stats perfect is really tough. it requires coaching slider adjustments as well. there are way too many ratings and tendencies that interact in different ways. you often have to pick your poison.

also a lot of people are mentioning seeing too many injuries, too many turnovers etc. i encourage people to use their own slider sets or use ronyell's as a base and make their own adjustments based on their preferences. that's what slider sets are for. ronyell's sliders are very good but you don't HAVE to use them with the roster. i made mmy own adjustments and am getting great results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYTHEPIPES
Nice work on the roster boys. Do you have an ETA on the association file at all? Loving your work, so really wanna get stuck into my association as soon as possible.....

Also, the Clippers roster has a few jersey number issues:

Smith is No. 5 - should be No. 1
Foye is No. 15 - should be No. 4
Gomes is No. 8 - should be No. 15

I think these were wrong on the original rosters, so a 2k error. Not a big issue at all and can be changed easily enough. Just a heads up for your master file.

Once again, thanks for all the effort. We really appreciate you guys putting in the time to make our gaming experience better. I almost feel bad for just sitting around and waiting for you to finish your work! Let alone asking when you're gonna be done!

Thanks to you all.
good feedback thank you. keep it coming.

Last edited by BroMontana82; 11-30-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #23
SimWorld Sports Inc - CEO

ronyell's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
there he is! i knew you were still around in hiding after last year's spreadsheet madness lol.

but seriously, getting the sim stats perfect is really tough. it requires coaching slider adjustments as well. there are way too many ratings and tendencies that interact in different ways. you often have to pick your poison.

also a lot of people are mentioning seeing too many injuries, too many turnovers etc. i encourage people to use their own slider sets or use ronyell's as a base and make their own adjustments based on their preferences. that's what slider sets are for. ronyell's sliders are very good but you don't HAVE to use them with the roster. i made mmy own adjustments and am getting great results.

good feedback thank you. keep it coming.

yeah i get great results with my sliders BUT slider accuracy depends on your play style so feel free to tweak. the main things that would might need tweaking are: foul sliders, defensive awareness, hands, & help defense

because it generally has to do with how often you attack & what kind of passes you make as a user other than that you should be good but like Bro said, feel free to tweak... these rosters, sliders & association files are for you guys... for those of you that are seeing to many injuries... its a tough balance to get them to happen in association but not too much "in-game". i personally like to see many nagging injuries but not many major ones. i guess higher injury frequency would be used in association mode & lower in quick games.

as for the assoiation file... i dont wanna get you guys hopes up but i am making a lot of headway & may be finished sooner than expected & they are loking phenominal!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:45 PM   #24
Pro

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyell

yeah i get great results with my sliders BUT slider accuracy depends on your play style so feel free to tweak. the main things that would might need tweaking are: foul sliders, defensive awareness, hands, & help defense

because it generally has to do with how often you attack & what kind of passes you make as a user other than that you should be good but like Bro said, feel free to tweak... these rosters, sliders & association files are for you guys... for those of you that are seeing to many injuries... its a tough balance to get them to happen in association but not too much "in-game". i personally like to see many nagging injuries but not many major ones. i guess higher injury frequency would be used in association mode & lower in quick games.

as for the assoiation file... i dont wanna get you guys hopes up but i am making a lot of headway & may be finished sooner than expected & they are loking phenominal!
When were you expecting to release it before?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »