Home

99-00 season (360 only)

This is a discussion on 99-00 season (360 only) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
99-00 season (360 only)

filename: 99-00 season

gamertag: portlandblazer

transfer kit file link: 99-00 season 2k11.z36 - 13.47MB

if someone would be kind enough to repost for usb/flash drive users it would be appreciated im sure.

season summary:http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../NBA_2000.html

the sonics are the 96 sonics from the jordan teams and the jazz are the 98 jazz. i created a separate bucks and nuggets to more closely resemble the uniform color schemes they had back then. i filled up the remainder of jordan teams with the highest rated players from the current nba not used in this roster so i wouldnt have to edit down so many players. the free agent list has jordan and drexler and a few others so if you dont want those guys getting picked up by other teams in your association i suggest placing them on an unused team prior to starting your association or season mode. make sure to choose customize league and replace the thunder and current jazz (and bucks and nuggets if you wish) also hornets should be in the east so you can swap them with the bobcats.

it wouldnt let me upload the file with del negro and dickerson so you may want to fix those names.

if youre wondering about the edited names of current players please read the 89-90 thread where i explain the glitch in detail. i was able to fill out most rosters with 13 to 15 guys so damn near every player that played in the nba in 99-00 is included with the exception of guys that were waived in the first month or played less than 10 games. this should be nice in association mode if you play with injuries on.

in my 89-90 roster one of the casualties of the renaming glitch was a few star players losing their announced names, like barkley and miller. fortunately this time around only a few were lost, most notably was mourning, a few others were grant and hunter but for the most part everyone has their name pronounced rather than their number. you will run into some strange stuff occasionally with the renamed players such as darrick martin being called felton or doris burke going into a story about a current player who has been renamed.

if your interested in some songs i have been using for this roster and my 89-90 roster heres a couple links.

http://www.zshare.net/download/85416708121f1cea/

99-00 music.rar - 243.47MB

i included my playlists in the downloads but im not sure it will translate to someone elses cpu so please let me know if i need to post a notepad or spreadsheet with what songs go where etc... you will need to have rubens "option #1" from the custom music thread to go with both of these. im not sure all the songs were actually played in arenas in 89-90 and 99-00 but i mainly just wanted to help bring out nostalgia and bring you back to 1990 or 2000.

i originally wanted to do a bunch more stuff with the custom music but unfortunately theres just way too many problems with the feature so i settled on tipoff, halftime, long and player of the game and left the home and away up and chants to the default game sounds. theyre acceptable for the most part but during timouts hearing the 2k default music just doesnt work for me.

for halftime playlist i use the cbs theme for the 89-90 and nbc for the 99-00.

this roster was a lot of fun to create and i been having a blast playing with it the last couple days. as always im open to any suggestions or criticism etc...so let me know if you find anything odd or whatever.

next up will be an 84-85 roster. its taken me 3 and a half months to complete 2 complete rosters and the mj teams so who knows how many more of these i will be able to do before 2k12 comes out.

ok, it feels like im forgetting something but im tired of typing and youre probably tired of reading...does anybody actually read posts this long?

Last edited by portlandblazer; 05-16-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 99-00 season (360 only)

Dynamite. Absolutely dynamite. I will download these as soon as I am capable. And yes, I read long posts.

What are some of your favorite squads from this roster? As I mentioned before, I'm looking forward to the VC/T-Mac connection, though the rest of their roster always leaves me feeling empty inside. I may have to take a look at my Pistons too, see what Jerry and Grant are up to.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Dynamite. Absolutely dynamite. I will download these as soon as I am capable. And yes, I read long posts.

What are some of your favorite squads from this roster? As I mentioned before, I'm looking forward to the VC/T-Mac connection, though the rest of their roster always leaves me feeling empty inside. I may have to take a look at my Pistons too, see what Jerry and Grant are up to.
i like replaying the wcf blazers v l*kers. kings with white chocolate and cwebb. bucks with ray, big dog and sam "gollum" cassell. and yep stack and hill got busy in those turquoise unis (wish they had the red alts and the sonics red ones)... a lot of fun teams.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

about to nab these now. thx for all the hard work.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:40 PM   #5
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

i'm going to get this roster as soon as i can.....thanks for all the hard work, blaze. this was an interesting season since it was a changing of the guard in the nba after the jordan era. alot of good teams and matchups here maybe even more so without jordan.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19

rosters like these are why i keep playing these games.

Last edited by GaryT531; 01-18-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:51 PM   #7
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Great work, will definitely use these. Thanks man
Old 01-19-2011, 12:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Great work man your effort is much appreciated!! Any chance we will see a mid 90's roster at some point?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »