Home

(PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

This is a discussion on (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1497
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: (PS3) Bedwardsroy19's Ultimate Rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
I mean I think a lot of first round picks should be in that range after a few years, I'm not really sure what to say other than a quick fix is to go in there and change the potentials yourself if you think they should be lowered

I appreciate the kind words
Any suggestions on how much to lower them? I'm new to editing players really.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #1498
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookItsOP
Honestly I think they are perfect where they are in that class, so the only real advice I can offer is to just test test test
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #1499
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
I agree that the draft classes are pretty solid overall. It's a nice mix. Some guys have a higher overall but a lower potential and other guys have lower overall but better potential. Aside from the potential (which i think is fine for the most part) what's really nice compared to the CPu generated classes is the realism of the players. It seems the CPU ratings are almost random. Big guys with strange tendencies. Guys with low 3 pt ratings hanging out at the three point line. Too many guys with 99 consistency or 80 plus potential.

One thing I've been considering just for fun is using the random.org website to pick a couple guys in the draft to boost potential up big and a couple guys to make busts.

One thing you may consider checking out before you adjust potential is raising the number of touches and the shot tendency of draft picks. Personally I've found the shot tendencies to be a bit low. I haven't messed with the touches yet, but I did raise shot tendencies for top picks like Gilchrist-Kidd and Anthony Davis who were on bad teams, shooting a high percentage, and still only averaging 8 or 9 points in starter minutes. The way I figure it is any coach can turn to a a player and tell him to shoot more, thus it's completely realistic to raise those shot tendencies as needed. So check that first and you may find no need to raise potential.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #1500
Banned

OVR: 0

^Thing is, I'm not looking to raise potential, I'm looking to lower it.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #1501
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
bring everyone down 5 potential points then. Dont want to go down too much though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #1502
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
interesting. Whatever makes the game better for you is great. However, I've found in looking at other 2kshare draft classes and certainly the CPU generated classes, the potential in these draft classes are very well done. Nothing too outrageous. And as I said before, I like seeing guys who are 67 or 68 overall with 50 potential, while guys who are 55 overal have 75 potential. It makes it fun to see guys progress, while as we know some guys hit the NBA as basically finished products that don't really improve (Okafor, Battier, etc.) Doesn't make them bad players, as both of my examples are quite servicable and useful, but it is realistic.

Getting back to the CPU generated classes, it astounds me how badly they are done. The tendencies often have little relation to the player's skill set and certain areas like the fadeaway, the pump fake, and isolation are just ridiculously high. Consistency ratings are way too high and in a recent CPu generated draft class I looked at, I counted 27 different prospects with a clutch rating in either offense of defense of 75 plus. Seriously? Unfortunately for me, i didn't realize I was having internet issues (long story about trying Verizon's little plug in satellite thing that is also portable, didnt' work for us at our location) and accidentally downloaded a CPU class instead of the 2kshare class I wanted. So I've been spending countless hours editing each and ever player to the 2013 draft class from Chiladi. I think I've worked on it for about 20 hours and still have 45 guys to edit (all the ratings are in an excel spreadsheet) so the entire stupid mistake should cost me about 30 hours or so of editing and copying of ratings, which is why I haven't been doing my assocation games lately. I put off doing it, but I figured since some CPU generated guys already had been scouted twice, I better stop and do the editing.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #1503
Rookie

OVR: 6

T.J Ford retired at 28 !!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #1504
Rookie

Gamzilla's Arena

OVR: 3

HUGE props to Bed for this roster set!!!

I had read so much about how 2K11 was better than 2K12, so I just saved my money. Finally, last week, I broke down and bought '12. Mainly, I made the purchase b/c of this thread....and boy am I glad I did!

This is the most fun I've had with an NBA game in years!!! Post moves are awesome! Passing/movement seems fluid and best of all, this roster is so realistic. Thanks again, Bed!

I'm learning all the moves and ready for some sliders. I see the ones suggested on this thread. I want a challenge but do not want to muddle the game play. On 2K11, it got to where I couldn't even pass the ball w/out it being stolen (If I was playing w/difficult sliders!) Just want a good solid set. Are these the ones?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »