Home

Trifecta OFF-SEASON Roster(2013-14)

This is a discussion on Trifecta OFF-SEASON Roster(2013-14) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #401
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Trifecta OFF-SEASON Roster(2013-14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewing6
Played another game and posted it in the same thread if you want to check it out vtcrb
A little improvement in 3pt Attempts. Do you feel anything is off or is the game playing good for you? Alot of shot attempts also vary with how the User plays D as well. Let me know if you feel anything needs tweaking.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #402
Rookie

OVR: 0

First of all let me send out a big thank you to the Trifecta team and community for putting out another awesome release. I was trying to "Redit" an offseason roster for myself, but thank you from saving me from myself. There is so much time, work and detail that goes into editing a roster i can't even begin to describe. In response to the game play question, I'm going to need further research because I just had a grind session with Utah. But Golden State lit me on fire from outside and then poured gasoline on me. So far the play between the teams I've played has been very different.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #403
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huthutchuck
First of all let me send out a big thank you to the Trifecta team and community for putting out another awesome release. I was trying to "Redit" an offseason roster for myself, but thank you from saving me from myself. There is so much time, work and detail that goes into editing a roster i can't even begin to describe. In response to the game play question, I'm going to need further research because I just had a grind session with Utah. But Golden State lit me on fire from outside and then poured gasoline on me. So far the play between the teams I've played has been very different.
A Big Your Welcome. It is a TON of work IF you Edit a roster completely and that is what we strive to do. It is a LONG process but it in the end it pays off for US to play and hopefully for Downloaders as well.

Glad to hear you are Experiencing DIFFERENT gameplay experiences with each team you face. That is what I love to hear.

Old 08-13-2013, 02:35 AM   #404
Rookie

OVR: 0

After using the roster for a few days, some overalls are just way too high

Here's a few I can name:

Sefolosha - 79
Robin Lopez - 81
Hinrich - 81
Taj Gibson - 81
Gerald Wallace - 80
Oden - 81

Some ratings are okay, but those are just a few that are a tad bit high.. Comparing those to other ratings, you're saying

Lopez = Cousins
Sefolosha >= J.R. Smith
Hinrich > Felton

I think Gibson is close and should be somewhere like 78. Oden should be farther down because he hasn't played in like 3 years. He can have a subtle 75 just for how good he still may be but a 81 kinda puts him to a higher standard.

I didn't want to flood the reply with all the ratings I think are out of range but I hope you get the gist.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #405
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobster

Here's a few I can name:

Sefolosha - 79
Robin Lopez - 81
Hinrich - 81
Taj Gibson - 81
Gerald Wallace - 80
Oden - 81

Some ratings are okay, but those are just a few that are a tad bit high.. Comparing those to other ratings, you're saying

Lopez = Cousins
Sefolosha >= J.R. Smith
Hinrich > Felton

I think Gibson is close and should be somewhere like 78. Oden should be farther down because he hasn't played in like 3 years. He can have a subtle 75 just for how good he still may be but a 81 kinda puts him to a higher standard.

I didn't want to flood the reply with all the ratings I think are out of range but I hope you get the gist.
Your focus on the overall rating of players is ONE thing that I know that vtcrb, myself, and others that have joined our team or have given a helping hand in our projects have stated is not relevant. We do not focus on overall rating, it is irrelevant. We focus on GAMEPLAY.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #406
Rookie

Wil2DaSon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562
Your focus on the overall rating of players is ONE thing that I know that vtcrb, myself, and others that have joined our team or have given a helping hand in our projects have stated is not relevant. We do not focus on overall rating, it is irrelevant. We focus on GAMEPLAY.
People always seem to do this. Personally I think tendency and hot spot edits are the things people should look at. Not that there is anything wrong with this roster's ratings. Just for example, if you guys wanted you could make a player rated 55 then edit his tendencies and viola he can score 25-30 points a game!!
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”– Michael Jordan
Old 08-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #407
Pro

OVR: 4

I understand and I agree what you wrote about overall, BUT unfurtunatly overall affect trade in association so they are important too.
Anyway I full undestand your point of view.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #408
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobster

Here's a few I can name:

Sefolosha - 79
Robin Lopez - 81
Hinrich - 81
Taj Gibson - 81
Gerald Wallace - 80
Oden - 81

Lopez = Cousins
Sefolosha >= J.R. Smith
Hinrich > Felton

As has been stated I dont worry about Overall Ratings. I rate to each player's strength's. Right off the bat Thabo IS better than Jr Smith. Smith is a 1 dimensional gunner. Smith shot 35.6% from 3ptRange, Thabo shot 41.9% and that is Smith's Strength, meaning Smith Consistency will be Lower as well. Thabo is MUCH better Defender, i could go on.

Robin Lopez 53.4 % from floor last , 77.8%FT and averaged 1.6bpg, Cousins shot 46,5%, 73.8 FT and 0.7 BPG and is LAZY(hurting his hustle).

I put a TON of research into Roster's, not saying i get everything right, because I dont. I dont just come up with Rating Random, I research. Now how 2k's system Translate them is another thing. I have no control over that. Am i going to make a player higher rated because they have a BIGGER Name and Fan Base? No. If you diagree with how I have ratings, I encourage you to make changes how you see fit. If you think the Roster is a complete mess due to how I rate then I would suggest to find another Roster OR make a roster yourself. Not trying to be rude, but it seems people go more by reputation of player than by actually watching games and looking at Stats. I do both. I have watched most of the guys playing in today's NBA since HS or College(sometimes both).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »