Home

This Is how it should be done

This is a discussion on This Is how it should be done within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2005, 10:49 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
This Is how it should be done

I read this article about 2Ks NBA 06 and it inspired and depressed me all at once. These guys are retooling and rebuilding a proven winner of a game engine from scratch. Which is a rare happening in the game world period, you seldom find any company that will take a game in a new direction for the pure foreward though of it. IF only they could make a football game. Heres hoping that other companies follow their ambitous lead with certain next genereation flagship titles

http://sports.ign.com/articles/637/637823p1.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: This Is how it should be done

May not have been a good idea to post this here on the Madden Board though.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
Why? It was a good idea because people make excuses for Madden not updating their graphic engine while 2k6 is doing this for the final major installment for this generation. Hmm

This is from the hands on NBA Live 2006 from gamespot:

"Aside from immersing ourselves in the freestyle superstar action, we got some other details on NBA Live 06. The game will sport a new graphics engine, and the most obvious aspect of this is the amount of new animations added to show off freestyle superstar moves. The Xbox version of the game will also offer 720p high-definition resolution. The PS2 version of the game won't have that level of detail, but a full copy of the classic NBA Live 95 will be available in that version of the game. NBA Live 06 is currently slated to be released this fall on the PC, PS2, Xbox, and GameCube platforms"

EA developed a new graphics engine for the Live series but cant do it for Madden. I wonder why? No comp, no need to advance your 5 yr old graphics engine. This is for those who want to make excuses for Madden.

Peace
Old 08-02-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

they needed to rebuild 2k6 after what 2k5 was like. 2k5 was horrible and they needed to redo isomotion.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Why do they keep saying everything is redone, when a lot of the animation still looks the same? The lay up animations by gaurds and SF's are brutal. The Low Post spin throw up with 2 hands are still in the game. Some of the poor dunks are still in there also.
Did they fix the the intial gather before dunking? In 2K5 none of the players gathered before dunking. ( Only if you were driving) The animation would cut straight to that ridiculous 2 hand AND 1 Streetball Jam.

I will still get it, but I wish they would stop saying redone from the ground up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgcityClev
hmmmm this isnt the madden board, ur in the wrong spot.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
hmmmm this isnt the madden board, ur in the wrong spot.
Dang, for a moment there I thought Operartion Sports screwed up the links or something.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydigi
Why do they keep saying everything is redone, when a lot of the animation still looks the same? The lay up animations by gaurds and SF's are brutal. The Low Post spin throw up with 2 hands are still in the game. Some of the poor dunks are still in there also.
Did they fix the the intial gather before dunking? In 2K5 none of the players gathered before dunking. ( Only if you were driving) The animation would cut straight to that ridiculous 2 hand AND 1 Streetball Jam.

I will still get it, but I wish they would stop saying redone from the ground up.
it still looks alot better. everything actually flows together when you do isomotion. last year it took like a second for it to actually start the animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »