Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 AM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 4
looks decent but is it just me .. or in the first Wade picture is his thumb on his right hand inside of the basketball? ..
btw Wade's player model was rather dissappointing ..
.. oh oh OH .. and they have almost everybody's face visible to some degree
(Wade, Bryant, Shaq) .. but WHERE IN DAVID STERN'S NAME IS LEBRON?!? (minus the rosin picture)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 02:37 AM   #162
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyTouch
Anyone else feel that there should be no such thing as sliders?

call me crazy, but I for one wouldn't mind having a game straight out of the box which already plays 'sim' without me having to adjust a bunch of crud to get it there. Sliders just tell me they don't think they got it right and you should 'enhance' your gaming experience. I don't want to guess what types of block rating is consistent or realistic in comparison to the NBA in a video game someone else made. To my recollection, no other sports games have this.
One person's sim isn't the next person's sim. It's a baseless stance to assume that the default sliders aren't already tuned to be what they consider sim. The sliders are an additional option since you can't please everyone. Honestly, for the last couple years i've found that the game always played best with the default sliders and that slider sets were a placebo. To each his own.

After reading the preview, I still want to know:
  • Will the PC version will have online play (Games for Windows Live) so PC gamers can get in leagues with 360 gamers
  • How has the playcalling system been addressed?

Last edited by Tha_Kid; 08-06-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:42 AM   #163
Rookie

i have always wondered one question .. on XBL 2k9 game's you are not able to trashtalk your opponent via headset right?
i do hope that feature is added if it already isn't .. and if it is somebody tell me how ..
Old 08-06-2009, 02:50 AM   #164
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndisputedKingLBJ
looks decent but is it just me .. or in the first Wade picture is his thumb on his right hand inside of the basketball? ..
btw Wade's player model was rather dissappointing ..
.. oh oh OH .. and they have almost everybody's face visible to some degree
(Wade, Bryant, Shaq) .. but WHERE IN DAVID STERN'S NAME IS LEBRON?!? (minus the rosin picture)
Why is it so important for you to see Lebron?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 08-06-2009, 03:01 AM   #165
Pro

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUndisputedKingLBJ
i have always wondered one question .. on XBL 2k9 game's you are not able to trashtalk your opponent via headset right?
i do hope that feature is added if it already isn't .. and if it is somebody tell me how ..
You can use a headset online. It's no different than any other game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 03:02 AM   #166
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I do not like Clark Kellog's voice at all for this game. His voice does not resonate "NBA" when I hear it. But Gamespot says its much improved so I'm hopeful the commentary will be great.

I think the one thing I truly want out of this year is for them to really bring up the PRESENTATION. We need individual crowd chants for every arena. What's so hard about that? Things like DEEEETROOOOIIT BASKETBALL they have done, but not for other arenas. The Miami Heat got especially snuffed last year with NO MASCOT (WHERE THE **** IS BURNIE?) and no crowd chanting. Other teams have chants like "Lets Go Hornets Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap" The Miami Heat is straight up "LETS GO HEAT! LETS GO HEAT!" Why can't they capture that crowd audio? It makes the game so much more immersive. NBA Live is doing playoff crowds this year, with the fans wearing colors and stuff, I hope 2k does that also.

Also, they need to license some normal music to be played inside the arenas. The cool indie music is cool for the menus, but those songs would never be played at a real game. They need songs like Dropkick Murphy "Shippin up to Boston" for the Celtics fight song, Guns N Roses "Welcome to the Jungle" etc. Things that you would normally hear during a timeout. These little details go a long way toward creating a realistic experience.

And when the players are coming out with 15 seconds left in the 4th, down by 1....the announcer should really rile up the crowd with "STAND UP AND MAKE SOME NOISE" that goes into a crowd chant. As a Miami Heat fan, this is the ultimate example of what I want to be emulated. (They can have the PA announcer mimick this)

youtube.com/watch?v=94-oV...eature=related

Old 08-06-2009, 03:05 AM   #167
Rookie

... oh thanks Kaptn
and what do you mean why .. lmao?
he was last year's league MVP and his team had the best record in the NBA .. and plus in 2k9 his player model was mediocre .. and if they really are going to accurately portray body sizes .. then LeBron and Dwight better be tanks .. of course .. proportiionally sized tanks .. lmao
Old 08-06-2009, 03:08 AM   #168
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
@ VindicatorZ

DJ Irie gets the AAA bumping!!! Feel like I'm at a party whenever I go to a Heat game.

TWO MINUTES! DOS MINUTOS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »