Home

NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 AM   #185
Pro

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K10 info this evening on Gamespot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
My thoughts exactly. Both games are sounding awesome, healthy competition is a beautiful thing for the consumer!!!
Co-sign!!

Finally 2k info, sounds and looks great so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #186
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K10: Exclusive First Look (Gamespot)

Glad to hear about the Signature Play Feature. Finally 2K has added a roster update service to get true NBA players and teams tendencies. Going with 82games.com is a good move, now they have something to combat EA's 365DNA Live tendencies. Im hoping the 2K Insider doesn't have to mess with that feature to much to screw it up. Also court spacing has finally made it in after asking for it for 3years. But im still curious to see if they have improved help D, realistic on the ball D, and made dunking more realistic. Also another thing to take note on is that they are finally making turbo button more realistic and having the players in different positions move around and play more life like based on there size and position.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #187
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea just give the dude more responsibilities. WHY? I really think 2K did thise to upset me for crying about their dumb dunks for all of these years. It is ok, everyone will suffer. Not just me.

I am buying Live if this dude is in charge of rosters. I put my life on it
DC Im with you on that about the 2Kinsider, I can't believe people liked his ratings system??? They where terrible, the last thing this dude needs is more freedom to screw up the game. I hope he doesn't have any input or nothing to do with the teams and players tendencies that 2K is doing with 82games.com. I think what it was alot of the younger guys liked his website because they could go on there and cry and complain about how there favorite player should have a high ratings in certain attributes after that player has had one or two good games all season. Then they could abuse and cheese with that player online. The sad part is the Insider would bend and give players boosted ratings..... stuff like this will keep NBA2K10 from being authenic and SIM if he has to much influence. I do hope the 2Kinsider has learned from mistakes he made with NBA2K9.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #188
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Yea but the question is how long will it take for the turbo to diminish and replinish. Just because there is a bar doesn't mean cheesers won't be able to still run around foolishly.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #189
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
The 82Games relationship needs to be expanded upon as far as how it works. The Live DNA and how it is integrated into every part of the game is one of the main reasons i've been leaning towards 10. Basically it took the guesswork out of ratings/tendencies and after seeing 2k's guesswork last year it needed a change. I want to know if they will update according to 82games throughout the season ala Live or if the 2K Insider still has a hand in it.

Haven't read the preview yet but from owning both games last year, I felt despite its lack of animations, Live really had 2K beat in two areas that mattered to me: The ratings & tendencies from a quality source & the whole playcalling system (how they are run, 2nd/3rd options, dynamically changing depending on who is in the game, etc). 2K had Live beat in terms of player individuality and overall feel.

I want to hear more about 82games and I want to see if they've worked out a better playcall system. Those were two major areas i thought needed addressing.

Demos can't get here soon enough.

Very good point, I couldn't have agreed more. I really want 2K to talk more indepth about this feature.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #190
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCity71252
All of this means little to me unless they worked on animation triggering, basic player movement (extremely over-animated, ******ly dribbling around the perimeter shouldn't be a chore as it is in 2k9). And most importantly the defensive end of the court, because the fundementals in this game are god awful and really killed the game experience for me in 2k9.

Hpefully the AI is a little less scripted this time as well. What's the point of having extensive playbooks when the CPU only bothers to run 2-3 of them?
I agree... And Welcome to the OS BABY !!!!!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #191
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm really excited for both games.

But I most likely will only be getting 2k10. Ron, one of the admins at 2k, even said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k Admin Ron
Oh we listen. This is only the beginning...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #192
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i hope the new commentary means exactly just that! NEW COMMENTARY! no lines from last year...if i hear "PLAY OF THE YEAR" one more time >:[

i hope they actually got these two (Harlan & other guy) together in a booth or something so that its sounds more natural...

now id like to see if they fixed the play calling execution..meaning no more walking to there spot to set up a play but upon reading that double teams are no long canimated gives me hope that play execution is fixed...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »