Home

~~OFFICIAL NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Impressions and Discussion Thread~~

This is a discussion on ~~OFFICIAL NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Impressions and Discussion Thread~~ within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #873
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ~~OFFICIAL NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Impressions and Discussion Thread~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete
been away on vacation, so i'm just hearing about this. quick question: is this online team play only?

pete
Actually it's the exact opposite. You only get to play against CPU controlled created players. The Online mode will be in 2K10.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #874
Rookie

OVR: 3

When the full version of 2k10 comes out and we import our "My Player" into the game and begin a career. How do you think the draft is going to work?

Does the computer import the 2009 draft results and put the "My Player" where ever seems logical and continue with the draft after that pick? or Does the computer have its own 2009 draft and all the rookies are redrafted?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #875
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellbbbb
When the full version of 2k10 comes out and we import our "My Player" into the game and begin a career. How do you think the draft is going to work?

Does the computer import the 2009 draft results and put the "My Player" where ever seems logical and continue with the draft after that pick? or Does the computer have its own 2009 draft and all the rookies are redrafted?
If the CPU holds its own draft, players will not end up on the right teams, which will really suck. I.E. Curry playing for the knicks or Blake Griffin falls in the draft and ends up with the T-Wolves. I'd hate that!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #876
Rookie

akiracy's Arena

OVR: 7

i think thats why the highest you can be is 2nd round pick 1, to not disrupt the 1st round
Old 09-10-2009, 07:29 PM   #877
Rookie

OVR: 7

What I figured would happen as far as the draft goes, is each team would still have the exact same players they took in the past real draft and the team thats picks your player would just be an extra pick for that team
Old 09-11-2009, 03:23 AM   #878
Banned

OVR: 11

So far I've only tried the free download version.

It seemed a little too easy as I could call for the ball (with X) and even with my poor skill center dunk or lay it in almost every time.

I could also stay back on the offensive end for an easy cherry pick bucket if my team took the ball.

It was easy, even with a low skill center, to steal the ball.

Is the full purchased version of this more difficult, or does it penalize someone who keeps calling for the ball?

Is this control only one player mode going to be in NBA 2K10? If it is, if they get rid of calling for the ball and make it more difficult, it would be a lot of fun.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:05 AM   #879
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjccommish

Is the full purchased version of this more difficult, or does it penalize someone who keeps calling for the ball?
Yes...and Yes.

Call for the ball when you're in a bad position or call for the ball excessively and it drops your teammate grade often.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:05 PM   #880
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
I've gone through it twice (once as a pg and once as a centre) and while i did enjoy it (the dunk, tip dunk and layup animations are the best i've ever seen) they REALLY need to fix the control you have over your player for 2k10.

It is still way to hard to get your player to a particular spot on the court and sometimes the lack of control almost ruins the many other positive aspects of the gameplay.

Here's to hoping the proper full retail version has improved this because it's starting to get a bit rediculous just how poor the player control is when they can do so many other things so brilliantly well.
I really am enjoying the Combine whenever my daughter allows me to play a little. It's frustrating that I had a great looking big and he was moving by himself. I started over and now have a SG. I boosted his quickness and handles but I can't seem to get him to setup for a three anytime on the side. It's like pulling teeth to get him to shoot a three close to the line in the drills. I love the way the Combine is playing but the control is more annoying with each game.

I will say that playing the game has really made me appreciate how well they tweaked and fixed the A.I. because you get all types of guys. I mean, I had guards who were basically scared to run the point. Then I'd get guards who would run the point and try to score if they saw someone else on the squad getting theirs. You see random nut cases. The joy is when you get a team that is unselfish and trying to really make an impression. It's almost like they are playing for a roster spot. Very great. I'll be looking to see what the connection looks like with this and 2K10. I'm glad I spent the five. Well worth it and more.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »