Home

~~OFFICIAL NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Impressions and Discussion Thread~~

This is a discussion on ~~OFFICIAL NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Impressions and Discussion Thread~~ within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:11 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ~~OFFICIAL NBA 2K10 Draft Combine Impressions and Discussion Thread~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephjow
hi, could anyone check if philippines is up there to pick where or what college you came from? Thanks
Philippines IS there in College/From Just checked for you
Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #10
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I played three games through and had
11 8 7 5-10 A+
11 3 9 5-10 c-
7 9 10 3-7 A-

It is incredibly fun. My first game went into overtime. I drilled a post up fadaway to bring the game to OT. Then turned it on. I have won all 3 games so far.

• I love the new around the basket animations.
  • Tip/rebound dunks are amazing.
  • Still no play sets. Spacing is terrible and players run around with no real idea of what they are trying to set up.
  • Transition fill lanes are still the same, they do the same thing every time down the court.
  • Controls are not that great. Could be the lower ability but I am having trouble controlling my dude. Getting locked in wierd dribbling animations.
  • Start to notice players tendencies. A few players you see over and over are gunners, drivers or passive. That makes it so much fun.
  • New attributes are off hand dribbling, low post shooting, emotion, offensive and defensive clutch, might be one or two more.
Last thing I will say is this feels exactly like NBA 2k9 to me. A few different elements but this is definitely nothing really new.
I don't think it's fair to pass judgement that the full retail game will be the same as NBA 2k9 though. If it ain't broke, don't fix it -- and they definitely fixed a few majors for me.

I think the lack of ability is realistic because my player, and I'm not sure about yours, but mine was a 40 overall with like a 25 speed and dribbling.

If it felt good at 40 overall, the game speed and overall flow of the game would be like it was on crack with guys like Lebron and Kobe out on the floor.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #11
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

There's an emotion rating so maybe in 2k10 we'll see arguing with refs by certain guys.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #12
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

ahh man..I'm loving it.. Just had a put back dunk, got ME off my seat.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 08-26-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

I just had a blast with this game. It took me nearly 45mins just to create my guy.

My player is a 6'11" rebounding PF. In the first game, my objective was: get 2 or more tunovers from the guy I was guarding, get him to commit 2 fouls on me, and have a teammate grade of C+ or better at the end of the game. You start out with a C.

Well, 1 out of 3 ain't that bad. Right? I ended up with a C+ score. It was hard to fulfill the other 2 objectives because my player and his matchup didn't get many chances to go head up due to a lack of (offensive) touches in the paint. I did raise my grade to a B- at a couple of points during the game, by doing other things like getting an assist, boxing out, blocking shots, and making key shots. I got an increase by making a baby hook with 2 secs in the half. (I think they called it something in the area of clutch shot or buzzer beater). I can't remember.

There was no drastic grade rise/drop in the games I played. It was C, C+, B-, and vice versa. My grade would go back down because I kept getting called for 3 in the key(4 or 5times). For anybody that plan on creating a Big Man, the refs call 3 seconds in 3 SECONDS. Not 4, 5, or 6. THREE!! That makes for a great challenge because I found myself getting out of the key, and out of position to rebound the ball because of the refs and there quick whistles. My team won the game by 10 or so. I ended up with 9pts, 11reb, 2ast, 1blk. I pretty much held my guy in check that game. After the game, I was projected to go in the 2nd Rd, 27th pic to Phoenix. I was like "Dang, I'm gonna rot on the bench behind Amare Stoudamire." Lol.

In the second game, my objective was: have less than 2 turnovers, keep your matchup (which was the same guy. Don't know what happens in game 3.) to 6 total rebounds, and have teammate grade of C+ or better at the end of the game. I accomplished all of my goals.

My player had 4pts, 9Reb, 1ast, 1 TO (3 secs in the key. Of course), 2 Blks, and I ended up with a teammate grade of B-. Now, I'm projected to go in the 2nd Rd, 25th pic to Portland. I should be able to get some time with them. Lol. My matchup ended up with 4 Reb, 1 Blk, and.......... 12pts. UGH!! Your grade does drop when your man consistently scores on you. It's a good thing that you can do other things to counter a poor defensive game.

Well, I gotta get a few hours of sleep so I'll add some gameplay details later today.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:40 AM   #14
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There's an emotion rating so maybe in 2k10 we'll see arguing with refs by certain guys.
When you hover over each attribute, it tells you its purpose

For emotion, it says it is the tendency to react after a ref makes a call. So I am assuming they the higher it is, the more animated your player is after a call is made on him
Old 08-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #15
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
When you hover over each attribute, it tells you its purpose

For emotion, it says it is the tendency to react after a ref makes a call. So I am assuming they the higher it is, the more animated your player is after a call is made on him
I know that, that doesn't mean that players won't argue with the refs if their emotion is at a certain level.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
Rookie

Renoathf's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
I played three games through and had
11 8 7 5-10 A+
11 3 9 5-10 c-
7 9 10 3-7 A-

It is incredibly fun. My first game went into overtime. I drilled a post up fadaway to bring the game to OT. Then turned it on. I have won all 3 games so far.

• I love the new around the basket animations.
  • Tip/rebound dunks are amazing.
  • Still no play sets. Spacing is terrible and players run around with no real idea of what they are trying to set up.
  • Transition fill lanes are still the same, they do the same thing every time down the court.
  • Controls are not that great. Could be the lower ability but I am having trouble controlling my dude. Getting locked in wierd dribbling animations.
  • Start to notice players tendencies. A few players you see over and over are gunners, drivers or passive. That makes it so much fun.
  • New attributes are off hand dribbling, low post shooting, emotion, offensive and defensive clutch, might be one or two more.
Last thing I will say is this feels exactly like NBA 2k9 to me. A few different elements but this is definitely nothing really new.

Man, you guys are making me wish I had called into work today. As for the statement about the gameplay feeling the same as 2k9, if I remember correctly, I think Ronnie2k said in a tweet or on facebook that the gameplay in the combine is not the final build that you will see in 2k10. Just something to keep in mind when playing with the combine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »